Landraces and heirloom (Part 2)

Here’s my (zamaldelica x Kali China) x PNG the two on the right don’t seem to like my low nitrogen soil mix for my sativa grow I up potted them in a stronger mix after pics. Now the one on the right is in same soil and seems fine along with my other sativa’s.

13 Likes

She and her sisters were rootbound to the max after about 2,5 month in those roottrainer cells.
After about 10 days of 11/13 I transplanted them to that container. The 4 males and the 4 other females stretch very hard, she did not.

difficult to spot her here, she’s in the down corner

(right container is Ace Ethiopian that got the same treatment)

21 Likes

Some Thai plants from prempavee. I’m liking the looks of these so far.

Squirrel Tail

Tiger Tail

Golden String Foitong

36 Likes

Here’s a write up from Alchimia …I read recently.

History of the White Widow- Alchimia Grow Shop.

P aj

2 Likes

They look smashing…Rocking it Deez

Tiger tail, Squirrel tail …love it .

Defo healthy Squirrels and Tigers
P J

2 Likes

Beautiful! Can’t wait to see them a little further along!
Speaking of beautiful…these 1980 Swazi Gold are getting to be epic. Very very special strain. I didn’t realize this one is missing in South Africa in it’s pure form according to @LoveofLandrace. I thought it was only swazi red that was impossible to find.

) it’s absolutely baffling to me that anybody would ever let this beautiful strain go in favor of a modern hybrid.

25 Likes

A little bump of bat scat boogie and they take off…

Guerrero

Huixtepec

Nanan

GT

Willy G x Leb

24 Likes

Corinto

Looking well

P J

20 Likes

Bat scat boogie :rofl: Nice!
Those Huixtepec will give a nice top Cola. Flowered from seed they stretch much more than if given a veg first. Some of mine are like 16 inches tall. There is a short pheno, like Oaxaca. Anything lagging behind size wise after the first couple weeks of flowering can be put in its final container. Looking forward to seeing what you find.

23 Likes

PJ you’re gonna have so much bud from those. I remember at this stage I felt they were going slow but two months later holy shit. LOL

6 Likes

Ye that one to the right is a week ahead of the other two…ye I’m keeping those Chicas under control…done a bit of manicuring…so far so good.:blush:

Ye great grow. The high humidity here ( rainy season) don’t seem to bother them…I think they appreciate when the sun warms the greenhouse up after a few hours of torrential rain…they seem to suit the climate ok…another 8 weeks till summer here …and if my maths are right she should have about six weeks of great weather… then again for casting weather can be wrong.

P J

25 Likes

That Guadalajara is something else! Got my attention. :eyes:

7 Likes

In regards to Admiral Zheng He he is said to have made the voyage to California sometime around 1471. If you think about the amount of cordage and sailcloth a flotilla would need I can guess that they had been growing hemp for rope and sails for quite some time.

There is a video exploring a rock wall that starts outside of Berkeley down to Red Bluff in the mountains that is said to be possibly built by Chinese. Lol, was this the beginning of the Jeffersons?

3 Likes

Nanan bouclou at 68 days or so.
She has started throwing new pistils and old ones are browning up! The Spear of Destiny!
Damn it wrong phone I’ll upload pics later 🤦🤣.

Red skunk 18 by @gregog is killing it in a 3 gal fabric pot.

13 Likes

Interesting theory, but in 1471 America wasn’t discovered yet (1492) so I don’t see the chinese trading seeds with the indians. Once conquered later on by the Spaniards, they would need to grow those plants to make ropes and sails, the chinese wouldn’t have time to grow them as they never established on California, so my respects to that great Admiral but they seem to use other materials to make their sails … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

The vikings had been here in 900s so 500 years before Columbus. who was Italian but flying a Spanish flag.

3 Likes

Yes, and they brought Northern Lights strain :grin:, we are speaking about who brought hemp to America, not about when it was discovered …

4 Likes

I see that sorry just had to throw my 2 cents in even though it wasn’t quite relevant lol. 🤦

2 Likes

Never mind, I love to argue about almost everything … avatar38|nullxnull

6 Likes

Hemp comes from China but they weren’t using it in the 1400s?