Landraces and heirloom (Part 2)

Not for sails and ropes, they have plenty of Bambu available …

4 Likes

Family Heirlooms #1 and #2 from @LandraceWarden

26 Likes

Gilgit Purple from @LandraceWarden

26 Likes

Yup, short pheno. It will be nice to have that pheno fully separated from the others at some point. Lebanese ancestry imo. Looking good in that tent👍

2 Likes

Hey @George, “1492 Colombus sailed the ocean blue” we learned that in what 2d grade? Same people that told us marijuana is ‘devil’s weed’. Sorry but I don’t believe those folks.

I never said chinese were trading seeds with anyone. Your own embelishment?

Finally, bamboo sails? George I won’t go sailing with you.

3 Likes

They’re woven from bamboo fibers. Not as strong as hemp but water resistant.

6 Likes

@Panamajock, here is the picture I promised. Sorry for the wait.

17 Likes

I’ve seen photos of that wall. There’s a whole other version of history westerners aren’t privy to. @George i learned something new. I assumed the Chinese used Hemp as well. I never considered another material. Nice find.
The Vikings did use hemp extensively though. Jacques Cartier, the French explorer, claimed to have seen him growing somewhere along the St Lawrence River when he sailed down it near the middle 1500s. Some people have claimed he mistook another species for hemp, but you would think the captain of a sailing expedition would know what the heck it looked like.

11 Likes

and this :

History of Hemp

For millennia, humans have cultivated C. sativa for fiber, food, oilseed, medicine, and ritual. Archaeologists and historians have confirmed the use of hemp for fiber and food by ancient civilizations: for example, seeds in Japan in 8000 BCE (Kudo et al. 2009) and pottery with hemp fiber in China in 4000 BCE (Li 1973). Fiber from hemp was instrumental in food gathering, fishing, the domestication of animals, and other advancements important to civilization.

10 Likes

I have no idea whether or not Chinese oceangoing vessels used them but I do know bamboo sailcloth was/is a thing. Hemp is certainly a superior fiber requiring less labor to extract. Bamboo grows just as fast though. Hemp has other uses like animal feed that might influence choice.

4 Likes

Jamaican Lambsbread

37 Likes

What does OG stand for, Overly Gullible?

2 Likes

Ostensibly gregarious?

3 Likes

I believe it is “Over Grow”. Which sadly I do.

3 Likes

Here’s a photo I found of Admiral Zheng giving cannabis to the Ohlone people of San Francisco bay area

11 Likes

Obsequious gymnopedies…

1 Like

Octogenarian Gymnastics

4 Likes

Sounds painful

4 Likes

Where’d you find that - Open AI? :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Sounds good. I was a gymnast in high school.

I had an appt with my doc the other day, who I really like. I told her I’ve been feeling pretty good the last year (I had a stroke coming on seven years ago in November), so I think I want to enroll in a flying trapeze class. I’m serious, it’s something I’ve wanted to do all my life. She just about shit! Mrs. mota, who goes with me to medical appoints, knew I was serious, and burst out laughing! We’ll see.

12 Likes