Landraces and heirloom (Part 2)

So looks like I mistook it for a girl, cause it looks to be going full male. Will put up pics later

1 Like

Garlic bud x (MOB Acapulco Gold X Bandaid Haze)

I BC Garlic Bud into a few testers. 7 weeks Garlic Gold Haze looks finished to harvest.

20240919_135004

18 Likes

Hopar Valley done flowering in my village in September.

29 Likes

So where can i acquire these seeds i asked upstate but he didnt answer me. Anybody? Ive never heard of landracewarden. Heres my balk hashplant supposedly landrace afghani from khalifa repros via strainly

15 Likes

Landrace Warden is on Instagram @nick131740

7 Likes

Pink plant top harvested.

35 Likes

@GREANDAL

Corinto ( Corinthian

Chica 2 …the smallest of the 3 @ week 16 from the flip

She was vegged for 13 weeks . 13+16 = 29 weeks since germ.

Propbly 4 to go yet …she has dropped all the big fan leaves and the colour is fading on the others.

These are strong plants…been in the rainy season for weeks with high humidity…( handling it like champs…
Hopefully as we transition in to the dry season they get some more sun.

I’m still loving the grow, challenging yes…but very rewarding.

P J

Some pics

25 Likes

Also don’t forget about the land bridge that connected alaska to Russia or whatever it was at the time. Not great weather but I have no doubt there was travel. Mongolians have a lot of same features of the Inuit so makes sense to me.
@upstate @greandal @panamajock beautiful plants

8 Likes

There’s some evidence of travel between Europe and the Americas. Some of it goes back to well before the end of the ice age.

1 Like

Wonder if they were singing “we gotta get outta this place, if it’s the last thing we do. We gotta get outta this place…”

1 Like

Hello, I am here too :sunflower:

And on the instagram as well: Landrace Warden

6 Likes

29 weeks! My record is 35 weeks. You should be really close to that. Might even beat it. Beautiful plants!

5 Likes

What woolly boogers! :japanese_ogre:

They’re still chugging along, who knows how much longer they’ll go. :laughing:

Beautiful man! @Panamajock

2 Likes

@420noob One of the Iroquois tribe Tuscarora name means people of the hemp. Their story telling is that they take the hemp and corn seeds from Mexico and this is before Columbus. Also in Egyptian pyramids were found coca leaves and tobacco. There was trade, long before Columbus

12 Likes

Good to see you @Heyoka. I’m not 100% sure exactly what plant the Tuscarora considered to be Hemp. They lived in my area along the Upper Delaware River branches and my friends family has Tuscarora roots. The family has grown weed a long time, but no one knows how long. I got seeds from them that are unusually large and different looking. Same strain my buddies Dad said he saw his Grandma growing in the early 70’s. When asked how long she’d grown it, she said she always had it. Wondering if this could be the Tuscarora Hemp, I did some digging. It seems that the Natives here referred to Milk Weed as Hemp. They made clothes from Milkweed, and may have associated the word Hemp as a generic term denoting fiber use for cloth…due to translation issues. I couldn’t find out if they used the milkweed stalk for fiber, or the fruits that are similar to cotton. Not much info at all really. Anyway, some elders of the 6 nation tribes, now located in western new york, insist that it was indeed cannabis the Tuscarora were the keepers of…but Perhaps they switched from milkweed to Hemp after getting it from Europeans and realizing it was a superior fiber? I remember Thinking at the time the topic popped up, (weed was illegal)that they were pushing for the whole hemp thing because they wanted to grow weed on the Res for religious purposes and had to prove that it always been a part of their culture. Did you find some old and definitive info by chance? It’s neat to ponder…I love thinking i could have the old Tuscarora strain. I hadn’t heard they came from Mexico originally. Neat. Sounds like you found a good bit more info than i did. They lived in North Carolina ( after Mexico)until defeated by other local tribes and forced to flee, under Iroquois protection, to NY, where they were “adopted” and became the 6th Nation in the (Iroquois)Confederacy. Prior to that, their history was a blank for me. Any good reading you can suggest?

12 Likes

Guerrero

Nanans

Huixtepec

GT @Panamajock

28 Likes

Looking great Amigo

Smashing job……

P J

3 Likes

Colombian Mangobiche
More than three meters tall