Landraces and heirloom (Part 2)

Gilgit Purple #1 and #2 from @LandraceWarden

21 Likes

Family Heirlooms #1 and #2 from @LandraceWarden

23 Likes

these are going to be monstrous
if given big space.

6 Likes

This is an Afghan auto from @Kasper0909 . I will harvest tomarrow. Great plant!

23 Likes

Nice! Looking forward to the show.

5 Likes

Thank you @Upstate!

4 Likes

Thought I’d post up some a my Jamaican landrace strains. My favorite right now is Pinky, you’ll know her when you see her lol.

31 Likes

dem skinny the best, can you comment on the provenance/origin of the Jamaican lines? what kind of scents/aromas/effect profiles have you found in those lines?

3 Likes

I was originally smelling an earthy/hashy aroma from them earlier on in flower but now it’s a strong chocolate aroma. Pinky has a different aroma than the rest, she has more of a pine/sandalwood/anise aroma (very complex and hard to pin down). I haven’t smoked them yet to tell you the effects and I wouldn’t use the original bud that they came from as a reference. Anything I grow out from bagseed is always 10x better than the original bud it came from. I collected these seeds from different places on the island. I keep my bean collection separated according to who or where I got it from but it’s all bagseed. And as you can see, they’re all true Sativa or sativa dom plants. I’d like to change that, which is why I’m always trying to get some nice Indica/Hybrid strains mailed in. I want to single handled help Overgrow Jamaica with Indica plants. @US3RNAM3

8 Likes

Pop those Acapulco Breath! That was a great Motorbreath 15 clone mom.

3 Likes

That’s a tall order with all that humidity over there!

Thanks very much for sharing your feedback! Can you comment what part of the island pinky came from?

Before you scale up your mission,send some of those pinky seeds over so we can preserve them skinny magickal ones ^ ^

7 Likes

Pinky came from right here Montego Bay. And you can be sure I’ll be saving seeds for you sativa lovers. I got more than I’d care to have of sativas (not my cup a tea) but I’ll still smoke it :laughing: I just prefer that couchlock high those Indicas give. Humidity I don’t really worry about, it’s always windy here. I think that’s why my ladies was able to stand firm in that hurricane Beryl, which knocked down bigger trees and tore off rooftops. I’m growing super ganj lol. @US3RNAM3

11 Likes

dangggggggg mad jelly of the environment you got! If you got pinky in Montego Bay, would that infer that they came from the hills/mountain side? Kind of the way that local sativa herb from the surrounding area made it’s way to Durban?

2 Likes

Yup, that’s where I live in the hills/mountains. Which is where I collected the majority of my seeds from. I only get bud from town every now and then. I did get some potent Cheese type seeds from Clarendon which is 4hrs away, but I was saving those few for the next grow season. This season was more so of a tester year, learn my new environment, get my soil mix made and ready. Next season will be more dialed in with way better results. @US3RNAM3

7 Likes

@ManyManySpliffs I really love growing indicas but for some reason I have none right now. But I feel led to send you something so I’ll dig deeper and see what I can come up with.

I do have some Sinai landrace left, I think. They’re closer in growth habit to indica, but I personally wouldn’t classify them as Indica or Sativa. It’s a well-worked line that you might like.

3 Likes

Quick update for any of you guys growing out the Maze (MM x NH x MG)
Took down the 2nd of 3 testers at right around 18 wks of 11/13.

Smells like a tropical sativa.
The last Maze is hurtin and pretty much done but it’s still throwing flushes of fresh pistils so I left it to see what it does. Probably gonna start spitting nanners soon but we’ll seen.

These were in 1 gallon pots with the bottoms cut out stacked on 3 gallon pots.
:v::canada:

37 Likes

Nice job man! That sounds and looks like some wig splitting magic.

4 Likes

chunky buds for being so tropical :+1: What’s the MG stand for?

2 Likes

Maze=Mullumbimby Madness x Nevils Haze x Malawi Gold.
:v::canada:

6 Likes

You just lost me there brother. Few countries have been hammered by hybrids as badly as Jamaica has been. People have been looking for Pure land races from that country unsuccessfully for more than a couple decades now. Indica hit the scene hard back in the 80s and now I often hear of tourists being asked for Pure Jamaican seeds by the locals. The old Jamaican strains are happy upbeat vibrational raising smokes. Please reconsider what you are planning to do. The rest of us are seeking the pure ones and we’re hoping you could help us with that. It’s estimated that Jamaican gene pool is 95% gone. It is ranked as one of the most special on Earth and it would be a shame to do any more damage to it.

26 Likes