Landraces of India

It’s nice, man! Still curing but tasting richer and smoking smoother all the time, I have it every two or three days and have been sampling the Pasture organic vs the Garage salts grown and they’re interesting, the line is pretty inbred and I think the differences in the final buds came down to feed and sunlight overall but weirdly not a clear victory for one or the other. I’ll write more about them later today with some pictures of the nuggage, for now here’s a little jar of dry sift that I made from scrappy little lowers, just a cup or two of crushed plant material:

15 Likes

Hey nice job reproducing Sheelawathi @Oldjoints …do you have any more seeds ,care to share ,thank you very much ,Happy Holidays @Tracker .
OverGrow The World. Justanotheroldfsrthippie.
Peace.

4 Likes

@Upstate, here up and north still means central India and has nothing to do with the north east of India where people don’t consider themselves to be Indian and fighting for autonomy. The farmers don’t make seedless because it will decrease the weight and are always paranoid and chopping before the crop matures. Many farmers don’t know what they are growing and only go by how much they can get. The same strain will get localised names every 50kms usually the name of the place where it was grown. India is diverse and big and difficult to understand even for Indians. Not trying to rock the boat here as I have no commercial interest…just a getting old hippie and Goa head who loves nature.

9 Likes

Send addy and I will fire off a pack to you.

6 Likes

Being new to OG and growing in general I have a question. Is it possible to run the Indian landrace sativa genetics in a tent? My tent is not tall and outdoor growing isn’t out of the question though I worry they may not finish before frost and or snow ruin them.

I’m a massive fan of sativa Dom strains and really want to grow something that is as original as possible. If that isn’t just me being ignorant.

6 Likes

It’s totally possible although I wouldn’t normally recommend it as a first grow as there’s lots to consider. But I also would never discourage anyone from trying it even as a new grower because even if it’s a failure you will learn a lot and turn that into a success the next go around.

How tall is your tent? Do you have a greenhouse? You could always start a grow in the spring and then take a cutting and start flowering that indoors around June/July and then move it back outside in August/September to hopefully finish in time. What’s your latitude?

It sounds like you’ll probably need to keep these under control and there’s a great thread with lots of information to help do just that:

4 Likes

@Gadarien also wouldnt recommend it for a first grow as it is not easy at all. Most veteran growers who have tried Odisha Valley for instance have not even been able to finish it. You can get “sativa” qualities in hybrids and plenty of stuff like Stardawg Guava, Cannalope Haze, Ecto Cooler, Skywalker OG etc.

If you do it indoors then you need a powerful light to mimic intensity of the sun at the equator.

6 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I’m on my second grow currently. Haven’t started a thread yet, but have been tracking it on a grow diary site. I like the idea of starting a flower in the tent then moving it outside for the finish. My tent is 30"x30"x60". I’ll try to get a grow diary thread started here in the near future.

The link to the thread is awesome. Thank you for that too!

4 Likes

Mine is still going, not giving up yet! Probably looking at mid January harvest…maybe.

8 Likes

8 Likes

Anyone who wants this, send me DM please.

4 Likes

I’m very interested to see if the high is spiritual. I was also gifted the breeder pack with the afghan.

1 Like

I laugh whenever I hear “outdoor only.” Most people will recommend putting them on a flowering schedule while they’re still small. But even if it’s a monster it’s doable. If you’ve ever pruned a tree, rosebush or tomato plant, you should be able to put together a strategy.

I have this Namkading landrace in my tent and with a tomato cage it’s completely manageable.

It’s in the back left corner. I have another stretchy half landrace in the back right corner.

14 Likes

I noticed that. Same over here. Pretty common. I don’t mind picking up different versions of the same landrace aa long as the seed comes from a different cultivar.

Meghalaya was specifically mentioned as the newest place the Mango has arrived. I’ll refer you to either Cocogenes or @ShivamGrover for more info on genetic movements of Mysore Mango and other West Indian strains. Between those two and other Indian companies on Instagram I got most of my info. Shivam in particular is very knowledgeable. In the meantime here is an article on why farmers have left Andra Pradesh. .Andhra Pradesh: area of ganja cultivation shrunk from 14,000 to 800 acres in ASR district, say police - The Hindu.
Meghalaya is a mix of many peoples and many genetics from every direction. Lots of crap weed and mostly pot seeded from wild ditch plants. People will sell anything and mix it with anything to make it give a buzz. Also some talented farmers and some incredible moisture resistant plants with solid buds. High hermie % when grown outside its home in pots. One guy got 100% hermies outdoors in the ground. I’m thinking some of the mango shillong seeds going around are from hermaphrodite plants, but no way to know until you grow them.
I wasn’t trying to diminish the importance of the Mysore Mango strain. Landrace Mafia on IG had it 3 or 4 years ago. Getting it from Karnataka is preferable to getting it elsewhere where it has mixed with local stuff.

4 Likes

Is that odisha outside?

1 Like

Yes outside in the dirt since sometime in August . Started flowering about beginning of November. Had to bend it to keep it below the fence line. @Budderton asked to tag @iceman to take a peak as the seed supplier . Thank you both for the seed adventure!

20 Likes

You’re most welcome buddy! :slightly_smiling_face::v:t3: @Budderton is the one with a bigger :green_heart:
Which region is this strain from?
Incredible training has been done. Nice work and best wishes.:v:t3::dove:

7 Likes

Odisha :earth_africa:

5 Likes

Nice espalia job!

5 Likes

Ok, Hope I get to meet Shiv someday.

1 Like