Lavender. Let’s talk about it

I don’t mean to be a shit, but you joined this forum 34 minutes ago, and your first post is asking me for seeds.

The seeds I had have already been given anyway.

Perhaps head over to the “Introduce yourself” thread and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

6 Likes

Nah – It’s all good-- I am not here to hear myself talk or participate in an insecure-ego contest; I have recently been seeking Lavender and just happened to see your post… sorry to trigger yer feelers. I haven’t been on internet forums since the Cannabis World C-bay days and only semi-recently started using IG to try to get in touch with some old Compassionate Caregivers co-workers and get some old-world cuts LMFAO. Old world grower here…I lived through the cannabis prohibition years where people had to worry who they were dealing with. Thanks anyways, though. Rock on!

4 Likes

I don’t think he was upset necessarily, just kindly asking you to introduce yourself and participate a bit in the forum and build a bit of a reputation first, that’s all my friend. I think the idea of community is a nice thing. No ego contest necessary.

4 Likes

I love reading your write-ups on the purps varieties, it brings bacs some good memories! I worked at CCG (“the third floor”) in the clone room and we had the Purple Kush that smelled like kush but tasted like purps and the (not Ken’s) GDP that stank to high heaven. I loved those cuts. I would wait in line at SR-71 in the dark back in those days… I want to recall they opened for clone sales at 6am? I have some connections with verified cuts of Urkle and the SR-71 PK if you would like an introduce. Cheers!

3 Likes

Well, I can’t speak to what the expectations were on CW during the C-bay days but these days it’s best to hang out, get to know folks, let folks get to know you some and help bolster the community conversation before just dropping in on a thread and begging for seeds :+1:

3 Likes
5 Likes

Welcome to the community @herojuana.tom my boy @NorthNorthNugs and @api312 captured it perfectly, no egos here, just an emphasis on the community. I get the feeling there’s gonna be a lot more of the lavender becoming available around here so hang around and I’m sure you’ll be able to snag a pack. Tell me more about that SR-71 I’ve heard that name tossed out in passing on a couple podcasts but don’t really know about it. After learning how gnarly the g-13 is, any alpha numeric named variety gets my eyebrows up haha

4 Likes

That would be more then awesome I miss the sr71 and the urkle and missed getting them at the cup. I got my first script on the third floor from Assad , back when you could smoke on the roof. The main strains I liked at the time were the real gdp you mentioned ,blue dot, the sr71 and a strain called purple rain. The purple rain was lavender crossed to djs grape crush and I redid the breeding but have yet to hunt threw the beans. I’m not in the Bay Area but about two hours east and come down there quite regularly.
I have some paki chitral kush from ace going atm and will be crossing them to the kushmints, Cuban black haze, gushmints, 92og, bubba kush , shapeshifter mac1 and eastern Manipur Burma , it would be great two include two other old school purples.

7 Likes

I got some for you and @api312. hit me up with your info and I’ll have them out by mid week.

5 Likes

Man that would be incredible! I’d be happy to send you some stuff in return if I have anything you might be interested in. Gonna dm ya now.

2 Likes

That’s awesome, I didn’t realize it was a Purple Kush pheno. Very cool, I know Bob Hemphill and some other are working with, or offering Purple Kush, not sure if the parentage would be 100% the same but what I’ve heard is that it’s really great smoke, so I would imagine the SR-71 would be too. Totally hear you as well in wanting to keep a small social media footprint, I struggle with the concept myself often. Whatever you’re willing to contribute to the group I’m greatly appreciative of! Just from that small description it’s clear you know your shit, happy to have you aboard here at OG man!

3 Likes

LOL, all good brother. I purposefully reached out to someone I saw actively offering something on a public forum, amongst all the other more long-term vetted beggars who were asking, to appeal to them for what they appeared to be offering since they would not use them. I even offered to reproduce them and assist in sharing them. :joy:
I have joined quite a number of communities lately where people accept with open arms new users who appear out of nowhere, despite their only post being a request for cuts or seeds, so I appreciate your opinion but I must disagree with your perception of what you seem to believe are requirements these days. My post (it was my first and held until moderator-approved) was approved by the moderator so I do not believe I was in any way out of line or the mod would have denied my post outright. The only issue at hand is that the OP and you don’t know me so you feel you can ridicule me disparagingly and call me a beggar. :joy: Good luck with that attitude… especially these days.

2 Likes

Such a victim you are.

But you did hit the nail on the head. I don’t know you. Mostly because you have been here less than a day. Your offer to grow the seeds out for increase could be genuine, or could be something else. How could I possibly know?

Anyway, I’m not trying to argue something that isn’t that important. I just had to respond to your accusation that I “ridiculed” you.

5 Likes

Cool, thanks for validating my postulation. And my apologies for not spelling it out more clearly… it was @api312 who disparagingly called me a beggar… I see no disparagement nor ridicule in your comment.

1 Like

It seemed as though you were referring to me as the OP. If that’s not the case, then I apologize.

1 Like

Fwiw, I didn’t call you a beggar. I said it was a bad look to come in and have your first post be begging for seeds. No ill will just pointing out that doesn’t look great. Sorry you took it to be ridiculing or name calling. Neither was intended. Best of luck to you and good tidings :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

It is all good, such is the ambiguity of the English language, although I did not specifically state “both of you” but instead only stated “you”. I should have been more explicit and stated more clearly that “The only issue at hand is that the OP and you don’t know me so the OP rejected my request and for some reason you feel you can ridicule me disparagingly and call me a beggar”. My apologies for the oversight.

1 Like

Yeah the sr71 purple kush was entirely different then the afghani or Hindu that often went around as purple kush. I still have all my original ocbc member cards I was member 8 thousand and something . That coffee shop was incredibly small and then you walked into the back cubby hole lol those were some great times. remember when ccg was bussing people over to Frisco from Oakland because they got shut down, I smoked on the bridge on that bus.
There are a lot of strains called ultraviolet now but the original was is in the cannabible.

4 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, brother, I had a question that was coursing through my mind before you clarified though… Food for thought from a fellow human being: If someone asking once is begging, be it their first post or their thousandth – whether you know them, or not, whether they are posting 100% truth about themselves or like many people on social media today are weaving a fairy-tale of falsehoods and lies – the very first time you address them: What sort of positivity and sense of community do you believe is being cultivated or bolstered?
Peace!

1 Like

Ya, idk man :man_shrugging:

Just felt like your first post, considering the discourse before it, came off as a little self-centered.

Anyways, like you so aptly pointed out, this isn’t my thread and it’s not my job to police what you say, so I’m going to show myself out.

Just one guy’s perspective. Apologies if it didn’t rub ya the right way. Best of luck!

2 Likes