Lead Node Break on Mother. Herm'd Out?

Oddly this has not happened to me yet, but a mother in the lab had the top break off during LST that went a bit more (IST) Intense Stress Training. A couple weeks later This pops up on the top node, but nowhere else on the plant. Looking for a 2nd opinion on my prognosis and any thoughts on what to do now.

5 Likes

The rest of this plant exhibits female flowers?

Looks like stress was too much. Maybe the timing of the stress, dunno.

This plant was in flower, and for how long before the IST session?

If the plant is predisposed to being a hermie, stress will induce it.

What is this strain by the way?

3 Likes

Im thinking …
Gas and a match, take a hatchet to it or find another creative way to kill it!

2 Likes

Well, those things are dumping pollen so cut it off ASAP. Unless you wanted males flowers and seeded weed in your lab? It may be too late for that already. Those flowers are open for business. Maybe mist it with water and then wrap it in saran wrap before you mess with it. Otherwise you will spread pollen around even more. Also this plants fails stress testing. So I would not use it for breeding. It obviously carries easy to herm genes.

4 Likes

This is a mother in perpetual Veg of 18/6. There are no other signs of Herm activity anywhere else. Strain is a X of BlackBerry OG and Sour Diesel. Day 100 Veg

2 Likes

It is unusual for a plant that never shows hermie to then show it. Interesting. Also interesting to see this in veg.

I have heard that landrace strains that evolved near the equator with long days, eventually flower despite the excessive hours of sunlight.

Not sure of the parentage and whether there may a recessive trait. Has this plant ever been stressed to this level before?

2 Likes

Have not had one stressed hard enough to break. The other mother that didnt make the cut was LST’d pretty good keeping it under 24 inches. The mother in stress was 48 inches tall at time of break. Belief is I started LST to late in the Veg grow and the stalk was to strong (tree like). I’ve surgically (trash bag cover) removed the plant and put it in isolation, have not removed anything yet.

2 Likes

Sounds like you pushed that bitch just a bit too far,and she just wasn’t gonna take it anymore! Up and grew some balls on ya! :laughing:

2 Likes