Leaf edge cupping. Burnt tips, twisted growth

Not sure wtf is causing this. Leaf tips on new growth is burning and looks like a Mg deficiency that I cannot solve

Seems like it’s the growth under the big fan leaves that are doing it the worst so it’s not light stress.

315w CMH about 24" above the plant
Dwc 1.2EC but 0.2EC is tap.

Looks like maybe zinc but I don’t know how. I’ve been using Jack’s 5-12-26 which has never left me with a zinc deficiency before

1 Like

Is it more pronounced on new growth or old growth?
Any purpling of the petioles or stems?
How is the humidity in your space?

In my limited experience with DWC, before the algae ate my roots, the plants were magnesium hogs. Although I am not sure this is Mg.

Have you grown this strain before?

1 Like

The interveinal chlorosis is throughout. The bottom fan leaves has necrosis between the veins. The tops just look blotchy. No purpling. Never grown the strain before. Roots look fine. Humidity is 53%

This is another seed of the same strain right next to it that does have red petioles but has a darker green to it. No twisting. This was was cupping real young, but not anymore. Well I guess slightly if you look hard.

This grow has been nothing but headaches. The darkstar I grew from TH seeds last round was flawless. This chocolate chunk from them is a pain in the ass. The darkstar was 1.2EC from veg through mid flower and I give these the same thing and they just say fuck you to me

2 Likes

purple and red petioles mean nothing… it’s a literal color variation on the stem… the question, when looking for that deficiency, is no the stem… the purple will take the whole bottom of the leaf

it this was the case, every grower on this site has a P deficiency…

you’re looking too hard… what have you Don in the past week that you don’t normally or havent done? what did you add/subtract? start there…

3 Likes

Well even the autos I started from Reiko. I start them at 0.7EC and they took forever to grow and are already showing sex and only 6". I wouldn’t care if the leaves looked healthy. But they look blotchy green and pale green where the veins are moving from the petioles out to the edges with blotchy lime green scattered throughout. The roots aren’t growing up to par.

I feel like something is wrong with my water supply lol. Kidding but veg, seeds, flower is all bad and I’m doing nothing different from last grow. Well the only thing I do different now is I have my pH doser working. Sets pH to 5.6 and I let it rise to 6.0 and drop to 5.6 and on and on and on. And my EC is 1.3, not 1.2 because of the addition of a little bit of epsom

2 Likes

Are you using the Cal-Nit recommended to use with 5-12-26?

1 Like

that’s what she said?

:evergreen_tree: :dagger: :joy:

3 Likes

I’m using chem-gro calcinit.

I’ve used this for like 10lbs of the Jack’s

1 Like

How’s the air circulation in the room? Probably not the issue… sounds like you just got some fussy plants, based on what you say about the other variety/same source. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

also my autos from @ReikoX are showing me their parts at like 3in… you got a little size on me :joy::joy::grin:

3 Likes

My grow bible says to try a fresh hydro solution and make sure your nutes aren’t expired. Says probably a ph problem, bad batch of nutes or salt causing lockout.

2 Likes

Room is wide open in my basement. So ventilation is fine.

1 Like

I would double check pH, or verify calibration. Maybe there hungry. Ppm/ec dropping?

I lowered it to 620 last night by topping up with water thinking that the burnt tips might mean it’s getting too much and it’s 600 today. So yeah it’s dropping a little. This is the equivalent of 0.04EC so not a lot. pH is rising

Is this one plant in a dwc? Or one of many in the system?

If there are other ladies and they look ok, I wouldn’t be worried about it, sure a little cupping and some chlorosis, meh…

This is a single dwc.

Dont stop giving them N just because they are flashing you their private parts. :wink: They will still stretch for another week or two.

1 Like