Leaf’s Green crack + Blue god

Well man just be wary, pollen can travel pretty far outside. I read somewhere up to a mile perhaps. Culling is a term used to eliminate plants that have weak or undesirable traits. That particular trait is the least desirable. I’m not trying to tell you what to do with it, that’s all up to you. Myself, I’d just kill it.

Do you know what may have caused it? Do you have any light leaks in your cab?

2 Likes

Undead is right Leaf, you don’t want to take unnecessary risks having it in your yard, the stuff gets everywhere, its microscopic.

Not only for you, but you may have some neighbours you dont know are growing outside, and you could mess up their grows. I here it around my area all the time, peoples grows getting pollinated because people don’t kill unwanted males. I hate killing anything but I just wish them a better incarnation the next time, and chop them up, and put them in the worm bin :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Okay thanks guys for the info! I never thought of that, could possibly have slight light leak so I’m gonna look into that. But I’m thinking because they are both bagseeds - could be genetics. Grew multiple bagseeds though and have never ended up with a hermie… I usually have pretty good luck with sex and end up with females, not this time though. First ever hermie and it is in fact both of them… just checked the GC and it’s the same! :frowning:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, I know how much it sucks.

My first grow was all bag seed, all my six plants, I vegged for 10 weeks, and they hermied 3 weeks into flower. So I never waste my time on a gamble. They are probably from a hermie themselves.

3 Likes

Awe shitty man! Yeah I knew and was thinking to myself this whole time “am I crazy thinking these are hermie “ LOL!! Guess I was just hoping for the best. Grew for 5 yeArs back in early 2000’s . Learned from the Original overgrow. Never had a problem! Fantastic yields and a great female to male ratio… started back up again and BAM, problem after problem.

Started with killing a bunch of white fire OG seeds I had left stashed. Cheaped out and bought Walmart soil - had bugs in it! LOL whoops: shoulda known better! Now this lol, but I’ll turn this bad luck into good things in future haha. Can’t beat Mother Nature ! Plant looks healthy now; got my germinating skills on point. Round 2 lets go. Gonna start some beans from a generous fello - black Lebanese x black afghani NEXTT

BTW : found a bagseed in my grinder . From some amazing herb !!! :smiley: dare I run it for shits and giggles LOL : it’s is from amazing fuckin pot. Either cactus breath or grease monkey lol so that’s why I’d like to run it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My Mama always said. “Life is like a crop of bagseed. You never know what you’re gonna get.”:grinning:

2 Likes

So true, still so sad about it. Lol, lots of bud sites on the plant. What’s your opinions? It’ll just produce a lot of seed? I was reading a bit online and people said that’s how they actually make feminized seeds… a hermie. True?! Well in that case a part of me wants to pass it off to someone so I could try growing blue god again one day ! lol idk, looks like it might yield a bit of flower too , give it to a friend and I can start up some blck Lebanese x black afghani :stuck_out_tongue: decisionss lol

3 Likes

So it looks like the blue god has released some pollen - what should i do? Clean grow area out ??

Nice looking buds though. So sad. Just waiting on a buddy to pick them up before I lay down some new beans

4 Likes

Water kills pollen, spray mister will take care of it.

3 Likes

Thanks man. Hoping buddy comes soon so I can get rid of it. He’s gonna keep indoors and try to get a little bud off it

2 Likes

If you wanted to carry on growing them just check for the male flowers every day and snip them off. It’s a pain in the arse but you would get some smoke, without a load of seeds in it.

4 Likes

About 3 years ago I had 9 plants outside,3 of them hermied, I kept cutting off all the balls that I could and I didn’t get any seeds , it’s a little work cause I had to stay on top of them all day cause they would want to pop out at any given moment lol but got some good buds.

3 Likes

Okay, awesome. Thanks for the info! Will try and get a little bud off the blue god, sprayed the pollen sacs that opened with water. Pulled some seeds

2 Likes

That sucks it hermied Mang…I wish I could have seen it better, my eyes and computer monitor suck pretty bad.
I will be taking some cuts very soon, so I can try and send you out something soon. I also have the strain in my Grow Journal, at the top…I finally got her back, and could hook you up with her, when I make a Mother…

Keep up the good fight Dude…

K.

3 Likes

I am now feeling bad I could not tell those were nuts in the photo Mang…If the decision to keep him going was because of my comment…I apologize Dude.

K.

2 Likes

If nothing else… pull the balls off that you can see and try to not mess with her too much… A plant is a plant and bud is bud when you really need it, a few seeds aside :blush:

4 Likes

Hey no problem kobra! Don’t worry about it :slight_smile: deep down I knew but was hoping for the best hah! So a little update ; passed the green crack to my buddy to finish the thing off. Couldn’t part with the blue god so I’m gonna continue growing it… picking off the seeds as I see them. Only another month left on the blue god so what the hell, might as well grow it out! Thanks everyone, it’s super healthy but can’t beat Mother Nature though !! Hehe hope I get a few quality nugs and I’ll Be happy

4 Likes

Buds are filling in a bit on the blue god. Pictures from a few days ago. Trying to remove all pollen sacks as I see them.

8 Likes

Looking good leaf, just stay on top of it the best you can :slight_smile: and it’ll be just fine , and even if you did get a seed here or there that never hurt any bud.

3 Likes

Thanks man, yup I hope I do get a few seeds… like to keep this blue god around. Hoping if it breeds with itself maybe I could even get a true female seed and not have to worry about all this hermie trait problem lol.

2 Likes