Leaf Septoria?

Can we see the entire plant? @Familytradition

2 Likes

No I didn’t mean to imply that. Agricultural lime is calcium carbonate. Dolomite lime is calcium magnesium carbonate. They are both natural sources of soluble calcium.

2 Likes

I thought calcium issues would manifest more towards the Apex and magnesium deficiencies would typically be closer to the base…

1 Like

1 Like

Take some pics of the whole plant bro… it will help… these guys are correct about not having enough info… but after what you say… I’m leaning septoria… reasoning is the lime … and it’s outside… calcium is usually a thing in hydro not soil so much

1 Like

I can get a better one tomorrow

3 Likes

Does not look overall yellow… so calcium I’d think is out of the question… but is that a dark time pic?

1 Like

Considering the size of the container and the size of the plant still in the vegetative state, it may not be getting enough calcium, which will lock out a lot of other nutrients, so may even be represented by other nutrient signs. It is hard to tell from that image, though, and I am just guessing (again). She’s a nice looking beast!

Is transplanting an option? I would pay close attention to the lowest of leaves, and see if they are more yellow and drooping or necrotic in any way.

1 Like

2 Likes

I see tips and edges also affected, so I would still go for Calcium, could be a nutrient lockout …

1 Like

If it helps, she’s a Trainwreck

It doesn’t hurt to use an anti-fungal IPM in any case, especially since you’re still vegetating.

Look at affected leaves, especially the underside, for pests.

Look at where the affected leaves are concentrated most (closer to the base, the top, the middle)

If possible, check the pH of the soil, which will prevent calcium and many other nutrients from being absorbed if out of range.

Transplanting into a different, larger medium may also be necessary if it is a nutrient issue, as the roots have little room left to give nutrition. When that happens phloem cells in leaves function as a bi-directional transportation mechanism, depleting leaves of nutrition to be spent elsewhere where needed.

2 Likes

Took some closer ones, and a few off the others

1 Like

@JoeCrowe … what’s your take? I know you dove deep in the septoria pm stuff… ( not saying it’s septoria) I’m watching at this point lol

1 Like

I am also having a serious Calcium deficiency for being lazy and using the dehu water (lack of trace minerals). I have also scoped a leaf and get irregular patterns as yours. Septoria starts from a spore and grows around, so you will mostly have circles, check mines:

Edit: Thanks for sharing, this is Calcium for me … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

Ok so I see brown leaf edges…

1 Like

You can see that it is a nutrient deficiency and/or possibly a toxicity in those pictures. I would wager it is due to the “feet room” in that pot, relative to the plant size.

This doesn’t rule out other simultaneous issues though, such as pests, fungi, or bacterial pathogens.

The best course of action is to attack all problems before they occur (or get worse). I would start by transplanting, as difficult as that may be.

2 Likes

Good call man… it didn’t look calcium till I saw those edges

2 Likes

I had the opposite problem: calcium issues after transplanting into the earth, with my 32-week old plant in my outdoor diary here. To combat it, I pruned back old growth for about a month, and now everything is a lush green, and many times its size.

2 Likes

That’s what I did yesterday. Defoliated a little, to get rid of the bad spots. Back today…