Leaf Septoria?

Are you using powder or prilled lime?

1 Like

Prilled lime

Looks like a deficiency to me, as opposed to a fungus.

3 Likes

It will probably be released more slowly as it dissolves, then. Is it garden/agricultural lime, or dolomite? The latter also contains magnesium, which tends to manifest with calcium problems.

1 Like

Garden/ag lime

Hmm, I never messed with prilled ag lime, but my prilled dolomite takes weeks to kick in. Another option is gypsum (calcium sulfate), if we’re talking naturally produced minerals.

1 Like

May grab some of that tomorrow. Need to get it fixed. They should start the stretch soon. Can’t transplant at the moment either

Gypsum or ag lime powder is usually dirt cheap at department stores if you need something in a pinch. I kind of think it should be transplanted, as the roots may be a bit stressed. I bet it is drinking and drying up pretty fast, hmm?

1 Like

It’s in a 10 gallon pot, and gets watered everyday

Check your run off pH and aim for 6.5.

2 Likes

10 gallon is a good size. Nice plant indeed. I would prune back some lower branches that will never produce enough, and any inside foliage not receiving enough light. It will give the roots less work to do in the meantime, while you correct the problem.

2 Likes

I pruned it back a few days ago, mainly anything inside the tomato cage, got stripped

Ok, good luck. I’ll follow along and help out where I can! That said, calcium problems are pretty much inevitable with large plants in pots. It shouldn’t be a real issue in the end, especially if minimized with some amendments.

Here’s her thread

Sorry to say but this look like spider mites or hopefully thrips, I see you have a scope, check suspected leaves …

7 Likes

Will be on it tomorrow. Thought they looked funny

Glad you edited, I am just trying to help, this is mite and thrips damage so you can compare:

image spider mites image

1 Like

Got nervous and took a leaf off of each plant. Spider mites…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Sorry to hear that … :disappointed:

Dang, I just read that. Farther along in the article it says that pests can cause the same spots. I was about to edit that into my post. Should have read through before posting. lol

1 Like