LEDSeedz Team #2 -- 9LB Hammer x Starfighter

Bless you my brother! That looks absolutely brutal! Do you just stock up on concentrates and food and never leave the house? I cant imagine. Much love and warm thoughts.

1 Like

Keep shoveling!

Helps build body heat lol.

2 Likes

I’m still sitting at 2/5 the sink or float during the 24 hr soak was pretty telling so far. Might have to plant a few more something to fill the tent two is a crappy test. good thing there are many grows going. ( Hey Jake got any 9lb hammer testers?) I would love a few more going? Two in front are the 9lb hammer cross. the lone wolf in the back is blue dream choc trip not giving up on em yet but i am not holding out much hope.

7 Likes

No on the 9lb Hammer beans, but I do possess some of the others. If you want, come on over and I’ll set you up.

That is, if @LED_Seedz doesn’t mind you doing a bit of testing “double duty?”

Stay hazed
Jake

3 Likes

i got some other packs as well i was trying not to double up on the testers so i will wait… thanks bro!!!

4 Likes

So judging by the others germ rates looks like the PO did us in on these. I can send you more if you are okay with the late start. Up to you?

5 Likes

i would love a few more if that’s cool i was gonna pop some others then re thought it as I didn’t want to cross pollinate the thread. Thanks LED Seedz! one would be the 50/50 but my luck is so so at best.

5 Likes

good morning two in front are the 9lbhammer cross.

Peace

7 Likes

We have two more nights of below freezing temps and then a warming trend finally. I have been turning the heat mat on and off manually keeping the temp above 70 on the seedlings. They are still thriving. I have had to water them twice so far with the RH running so low. I mist them when the RH spikes low. I put a fan on them and it seemed to drop the temps around them even more so I turned it back off for now.

When it warms up some next week I will get them onto the veg table. For now the small T5 fixture puts out more heat for them.

Have a great weekend folks!

7 Likes

It might seem a surprise, but half of the threads are referring to this damn cold.

Nice counter measures.

4 Likes

took a photo tonight and with the aid of the modern pocket computer camera i now see a lil more activity on the 2nd cube from the right in the front row at day 7 as i thought it was no more so i dunked all of them in some ph 5.7 water with some algen extract added in for good measure, it’s by house and garden (root food) the far cubes were inverted for two days before i noticed them Doh now i see roots at the top of the cubes on the bluedream x choc trip. (far two)

9 Likes

we have one more with roots on the ground ready and reporting for duty…

6 Likes

We’ve been running ~120w of leds on 18/6 so far, but temperatures have been a little low, so another ~210w of florescent tubes were added in lieu of a heater.

Everyone was topped at the third node and left with six branches – Except Joanne and Kate, who are still too small. The hormone-rich growth tips were ground into a rough paste, with brown sugar and the whole Lima bean plant. A couple grams of this paste went into a kilo of warm water and was foliar fed to the plants, while the rest of the paste was set aside to ferment.

Four girls have a sensitivity that I’m attributing to the cold – Madonna, Mary, Crystal, and Emily – but that conclusion might change as more information comes in. Everyone else is really quite happy.
Some fan leaves from 4-6 weeks ago turned into these beautiful, little, fluffy pillows of mycelium. I gently broke them down and folded in a couple tablespoons of plain-old oats, then scratched them into the top of the soil.

Edit: The ladies after haircuts

Joanne was still too small to top.

9 Likes

Test Grow Update

The babies have really grown over the last week. All look very similar and uniform except for #8. It was the last one to pop up a day after all the others and has a smoother, more rounded-leaf appearance and is growing slower than all the others. Sometimes the runt can be that special one, right?

They received their 3rd watering Wednesday night when moved to the veg table under 4’ flouro tubes. Another cold blast just hit again today with a colder blast next week. I have put a small ceramic heater under there to keep temps up.

P.S. I tried to determine the sex of the seeds I planted via methods I’ve seen on Youtube and other forums. If there’s anything to it, #1-#6 should be female and #7 & #8 should be males. I am now noticing that they are slightly different than all the others. Time will tell.

Have a great weekend folks!

~ganja

9 Likes

well 13 days since drop and i have let the heat come down in the cab to 74F and look what i see this morning #4 struggling to open the leaves and start taking input. pretty excited. I’m hoping it continues the upward trajectory today.
9lbhammerxstarfighter front row new action on the left.

Have a good weekend!

11 Likes

Is that one crowning second from right? Looks like a little head in there ready to pop out.

4 Likes

nope i wish we will keep em wet just in case.

3 Likes

X-plant day Boasting time for the rockwool jockey. way better than a bag of cold soil from outside.

soaked some cubes in the seedling call out right from the bottle gh 3-part for seedlings and small plants I am out of si at the moment.330ppm from the incorrect meter range of 700ppm .

cut some coco cube covers for the handy yet wierd size 3" cubes.

Holding out hope for #5 but i dont hold much weight on success with it argo crosses fingers…

We are off in the middle of winter! Thanks LED Seedz this gives me a garden chub… The 4 in the front are the specimens of interest.

12 Likes

stole a fan off of my stalk in the closet. there are three others.

Have a good week.

8 Likes

Team is looking very solid. Thank you guys for the updates!

6 Likes