LEDSeedz Team #2 -- 9LB Hammer x Starfighter

well out of 4 one is defiantly a boy and two are maybes and the 4th looks male leaning.

plant one ?

Plant Two M

plant three ?

plant four

we will wait no rush. plants turning around.

Have a good day. the other two Blue dream x chocolate trip showed F.

4 Likes

@argo945, you’ll know if the others are males soon. Once mine showed balls they started stacking up and became obvious. The three un-sexed I have in 12/12 have only one calyx? that looks like a ball at the nodes but no pistols out yet at the nodes. I am seeing what appears to be pistol in the bushy growth tips of the branches. Weird stuff.

Update with pictures coming tonight after lights-on.

2 Likes

Soil Grow Update

These last 3 girls took their sweet time letting me know for sure. So 4 males and 4 females. Seems like real world results to me. I would like to have had 6 girls but I am enjoying a little elbow room in the tent now and these things are far from finishing the stretch I’m thinking.

Lights are about 20" above canopy and can only go up about 3 more inches so I think I am good on the head room. I am still training the tall branches down and exposing the inner branches as they stretch. I must confess, this is the first plants from seed that I have flowered under the LEDs.

It took them 9 days to drink their new pots dry starting flower. They were fed Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom and Cal/Mag the other night.

Edit: Plant #3 is the first I have grown that put out trichomes before it put out pistols.

10 Likes

Too soon for another update? I wanted to click some shot at the 2 week 12/12 point. The stretch is definitely on. They have went verticle about 3" in the last 2 days since the pics above.

8 Likes

I’ve never heard such a preposterous question! :grin:
Beautiful girls you got there Ganja

4 Likes

Temps outside have been staying above zero, which allows indoor temps to stay stable.

A scrog net was thrown down because it was quicker to put in and adjust than individual LST lines.

Been a long winter. Now that growth rates have picked up, we’re gettin close to actually having something to take pictures of!

11 Likes

Soil Grow Update

They are growing at least an inch a day this past week in the middle of the stretch. Lots of the lower/inner branches coming up nicely.

These stems though! They got strong bones. I have stopped any twisting and training efforts. They are straight up from now on. I have about 22" from canopy to the max light height.

I will do some trimming up underneath in the next few days. Some of the bottom elephant-ear leaves are hanging into the soil and getting in the way of watering.

:v:

11 Likes

Great looking genetics, great looking grow.

Love to see this kind of vigor.

99%

4 Likes

Thanks 99, I love the vigor and consistency of these. They were all very easy to train without a lot of wires when pliable a few days after waterings. Now into the stretch the stems have got so thick and rigid I’m affraid to bend them much. Sure to hold up heavy buds well.

5 Likes

Yeah, with bones like those, stakes might be a redundancy.

4 Likes

Not that having to use stakes is necessarily a bad thing. :wink:

3 Likes

Top Drip Hydro-hugos GH3-part 630W LEC. All plants are still in veg the subjects of interest are the four left most (front) plants. Two are definitely male. I am in the midst of juggling spaces (again) so the tray is not set yet.Boys will be removed on short order.

Have a great week.

7 Likes

Soil Grow Update - 3 weeks 12/12

Another full strength feeding with Grow Big, Big Bloom and Cal/Mag 2 nights ago. The next watering I will flush them out some before starting the Tiger Bloom. Time for some sideways growth.

They haven’t got pissed at me for anything yet. They seem very happy with my setup.

Plenty of head room as the stretch is slowing.

Sorry for the blurples.

10 Likes

No worries man, it’s all groovy. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thank you for the updates brother. I appreciate the love you’re giving the ladies.

4 Likes

I’m sure they’re gonna love me back. From what I’ve seen of the two strains in this cross I expect 3-4 ozs per plant when done. Especially number 7 she is a beast and very branchy.

I can wait to try more of your creations.

5 Likes

Pulled the two boys.

new landscape

9 Likes

Not my style but the dude can pick.

3 Likes

Two remaining plants looking more girl all the time. Still no visible pistils but my eyes are getting worse every day. So im guessing 4/4 on germ the batch was crushed in the post. and 50% on sex. all the math adds up. going to spread them out a bit more and flip.

10 Likes

Those two have really come on and looking great argo.

Mine are finishing up the stretch. I don’t have a full update tonight, but had to click a couple pics when I was in there.

5 Likes