Legal Ohio! 🥳

Just wanted to say

Go Ohio!!!

58 Likes

Very good & uplifting news!

Because the proposed measure is a statutory question rather than a constitutional amendment, state lawmakers have the option of amending, or even repealing, its provisions. Prior to today’s vote, members of the GOP-led Ohio Senate passed a resolution urging voters to reject the initiative and Republican Gov. Mike DeWine spoke out against the measure. The state’s Senate leader has also expressed his desire to revisit provisions of the new law and propose legislative changes.

A concerning possibility but progress has been made in the right direction no matter what ultimately happens.

16 Likes

This is great news. With MI being legal, i couldn’t believe IL was and Ohio wasn’t.
I would guess Chi town passed it despite the rest of the corn country.

:green_heart: :seedling:

9 Likes

Great news!
Yeah, go Ohio!!!
:smiley:

4 Likes

It didn’t just pass, it passed by 12 points. The GOP may want to think twice about pissing off 56% of Ohio voters - many of the rural counties that voted against Ohio’s abortion rights amendment (also passed by 12 points) voted in favor of legalizing marijuana. Them farmers are god fearin’ people, but they do love their weed.

9 Likes

I’m in Arkansas right now but I’ve been keeping score and ohio finally did it! I am so excited that I may actually have the opportunity to work in the cannabis industry. I never really cared about legality (obviously) but man the fact that were going to be legal here soon really makes me happy. I started a new job in hvac and I don’t like it. So my plan is to do this shit until I can work in cannabis or a grow store or head shop or where ever I can get my foot in the door. I’ve been a daily stoner for 12 years and a casual smoker for 7 years before that. I’m just so proud of my state(for once)!

14 Likes

HVAC is a good growing skill.

14 Likes

Dope, brother! From someone with experience: the first 2 years will be a shit show, but if you can get in somewhere, or with someone, the first 5 years are where the opportunity is. Everybody in the legal game will be on their own hustle, and there will be room for it.
Pick a lane, talk to EVERYONE. In the early days your skills count for less than who you know.
I know guys who went from homeless to 6 figures in 2 years.
But again: EVERYONE is on the hustle.
After year 5 corporations will roll in and buy up the established local dispos, and the opportunity will be gone. Everything will start running like Target, and the jobs will go to minimum wage budtenders.
If you want to do this for life, now is the time to figure out what exactly you want to do, and start making moves.
Good luck.

14 Likes

This is the type of thing everybody misses BTW.
Yeah, you might get to the top of the flower game, or the concentrate game, but you’ll be just as rich, and MUCH more likely to succeed(if that’s the goal) being the guy who runs the specialty company handling HVAC for grow ops and extraction labs, or fabricating unique weed displays for dispensaries, or hosting classes to teach people how to grow weed. Etc. Etc.
Don’t limit yourself to the flashy stuff; figure out what you know how to do, and then apply it to the weed industry.
When you hit a mill, I only ask for 10% :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::bear:

13 Likes

I also want 10%

4 Likes

I utilized your IP by directly quoting you, so, as your lawyer, I can confirm you are also due 10%.
All offers are closed.
@OHGrow21666 congratulations on being an 80% shareholder in whatever business you create!

7 Likes

Thanks for this!
:joy:

2 Likes

I’ve been a tin tapper for 25 years. It’s a great trade imho

5 Likes

Home grow 6 plants per adult, 12 per household. Congrats!

6 Likes

Small leap for the home grower

2 Likes

Weird having plants go legal overnight.

8 Likes

IMG_6631

4 Likes

Huge victory for homegrowers.

1 Like
2 Likes

Congrats Ohio…

I seen mention of 12 plants, so long as two people reside. Does that total get cut with a single person residing?

2 Likes