Legalization in NY this year?

but will we be able to grow ?

I believe yes. I visualize myself in front of a large pile of seed, like a kid with a pile of candy after trick or treat. And then mom or dad (Cuomo) says. " you can pick 4… dammit! Seriously you never know with him. I read at least 4 plants (per person? Or per household?) In mass it’s 6 / person / 12 max per household. He claimed to like the mass model. Also they can grow unlimited cbd. Fingers crossed. Seeds ordered. I’m growing something LARGE this first yr. Ha ha. 20 footers!

5 Likes

Not sure we should use this thread like this. Maybe start a new york legalize? Thread? Anyone else chime in?

2 Likes

Hugh Carey said the Thruway would be free

3 Likes

Too true!!! I have "high"hopes tho.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Introduce yourself @OG:

Oh to grow :slight_smile:

wouldn’t it be loverly

4 Likes

Ooooh. Our first thread! ( i think? )Any tidbits of info is greatly appreciated! I would like to further the discussion if I may and ask anyone reading what kind of genetics they might recommend that they have had good luck with at our latitude(42. )I have been growing almost 30 yrs, but growing up in the oppressive Rockefeller law era, i learned to lay low. Ordering seeds was too scary for me. I had my ibls to grow and i have been satisfied with them for a long time. But i have been dreaming tropical!!! I want legalization so bad I can smell malawi gold coming from a greenhouse!

3 Likes

OK I see now
Welcome to the forum, good luck come April.

Hey guys, i can totally relate to the choppers, they still make my heart race every time i hear one fly over :joy: @Upstate ive had good luck with pure afghanis, la confidential crosses and qrazy train because they finished quick and hso sour blueberry turned out nice dna white alien was really great too. If you seed some in your climate and select the most mold resistant a few years in a row it really helps them acclimate too.

1 Like

I must admit @STIGGY I came in cause I saw your avatar as last comment and had to see who it belonged to and I was right​:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy: I said bet that stiggy clowning

1 Like

Thanks sticky jones. Appreciate the tip. I’ve been growing an afghan based line since 1998, that came from my uncle out of Wash state. Came to him in 1975. It was a bitch acclimating them, and I’m sure I would have had an easier time with different Afghani lines, but this one is sentimental, as he passed some years back. I also have been growing what I believe is blueberry since 1991. Not new seeds every yr but probably did 15 pollinations over the yrs. Maybe 20. It’s impervious to mold and can take temps down to 2o in a humid environment. Real real up high to it too. More info later… gotta get back to work. Thanks everyone for chiming in. Can’t wait to read it all!

1 Like

Seems like a raw deal to me.

“Home cultivation of medical cannabis would be allowed, up to four plants per household, but recreational consumers would not be able to legally grow their own marijuana.”

From

2 Likes

it does but I will go out next week and get the medical card here in New York

four is better then nothing :frowning:

to grow under the sun without Johnny Law wanting to be my partner

would be good

all the best

Dequilo

3 Likes

Medical for me then as well. I suspected that could happen. I’ll have no problem getting my medical permit. New York State’s is just so damn restrictive!Cuomo had a law passed saying insurance companies didn’t have to cover medical pot. And they have these crazy prices, and they won’t even sell you flowers, only oil or edibles from what I understand. To top it off I heard the quality was s***. I hardly call that looking out for your citizens. I had to boycott such a stupid program ! !!Many of the people who need medical marijuana can only work in a limited way or not at all. And slap them with a crazy bill every month for them to get relief? Fuct… I think they only had seven dispensaries for the longest time too. However there’s a long time between now and the actual passing of the bill, and Anything could happen. I’m hoping that they’re saying 4 plants (only medical )as a bargaining chip, so that all the pro-legalization people like me better accept plant limits like four per person for all people. They claim to be all worried about the Discrimination that took place in black neighborhoods due to profiling. That may be the case, but I can assure everyone here that my long-haired ass was pulled over on dozens of occasions. Anyone affected by prohibition in my opinion, was affected equally. In other words, my tickets affected me as much as they affected anyone else. My rap sheet for simple possession is several Pages I’m sure. How about a refund for all my fines haha?

1 Like

Calyxander… agreed. Major raw deal. I’m trying to stay positive but I feel like I’ve been punched in the stomach.

Related to choppers… I went out to petrolia in n Cali a few yrs ago to help my cousin harvest. My bedroom had 80 lbs in the closet. Now ,coming from N.Y. I shouldn’t have been able to sleep at night, but surprisingly had no issues… until I heard the chopper!!! It got louder and louder until the noise overtook the house and I felt the vibrations. I went running all wild eyed through the place, where various trimmers were having coffee and breakfast, yelling at everyone that their was a chopper overhead. They ALL cracked up immediately. It was the old washer on the spin cycle!

5 Likes

2 Likes

" I have had luck with Some pure afghanis" Any particular Afghani you had luck with? Any luck with sativas?

1 Like

God that sound makes me cringe! similar to what the taliban felt.

1 Like