Let me dust off my mothballed equipment and get glowing

Not much remarkable to report but I did get the center tray re potted , nice even canopy except for my 3 stragglers @MadScientist don’t give up on the little ones they still love you.

4 Likes

Oh yeah I forgot! My new Co2 meter should be arriving tomorrow or Monday, I’m really stoked about it , I get to tie them down and start gassing. Pssht-Pssht-Pssshht
Ye ay uh!

1 Like

And I them… It’s only frustrating knowing everything that goes wrong is an operator replicated mistake… I’m sick of not knowing, this is a task or more an endeavor. More power for you guys, i admire and respect you now even more than before. For sure.

I’m the same way, little things make me excited like a boy… Happy for you man. I love couriers.

2 Likes

I think this morning one is saying clone me?

3 Likes

That is where you helpful , supportive, and suggestive while at the same time successful cloners can help me look for my yet to be posted help me clone thread and post your input there thank you.

3 Likes

I like to clone in straight perlite with Superthrive at 10 drops per gallon. Cut, strip the bottom nodes, score, dip in rooting powder (the cheap stuff from home de pot) and into the perlite in a cup. Cover and leave for two days, then slowly start to open the vents and water every day or two. In two or three weeks you have a nice rooted clone.

2 Likes

I like to call them Home Despot, I am going there today anyway for some topsoil I like I will add fresh product containing I.B.A. that is the product we are speaking of yes?

@Uncle_Al, I remember your slick homemade reflectors from old OG! Blasts from the past! I’m dusting my equipment off too, but will go LED eventually. Feelings. So many fee-fees.

Best cloning results I have gotten is from the cheap powder and peat pucks, and I prefer not to use either of them because I don’t like my roots dealing with the netting of the puck and the powder you have to be careful with, but results are results and they gave me the best. The gels have a higher concentration of I.B.A. but maybe they don’t stick as well, and I’ve read somewhere that its a less is more situation anyway. Are you talking about putting I.B.A. in your topsoil? Don’t do that, its hazardous to human health. Use Superthrive to boost your roots, also look into airpots etc.

3 Likes

No not adding IBA to the soil, just getting stuff ready to go, I was already headed to the garden center for soil and amendments as I have realized I might come up short for my next up pot, BTW welcome back to the clubhouse

2 Likes

Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce to you this grows first pairs of alternating nodes

6 Likes

With alternating nodes comes great responsibility, or at least I think so . I spent the last week mixing soil and preparing for the next step in the grow, along the way I have broken some main stalks and broken the top clean off another plant, it is now too small to flower out but not so small to throw it out, so it will stay in vegetative until next cycle when it will be healthier than it is now, so will it’s first of kin a weakling that looked just like it came out of @MadScientist grow :tent: tent . Sorry man no knocks there just a comparison. You are learning a lot. I mixed up so much soil and still came up 50 or so gallons short of goal. I think I am going to buy a small cement mixer for soil blending. Just to cut down on the manual labor. So I up potted most of the grow some are still in one gallon jugs while most have hit the 5 gallon buckets

7 Likes

What did i ever do to you? LOL

4 Likes

35 plants in jugs and buckets the buckets run from 3 1/2 gallons to 5 gallons there are five plants remaining in one gallon jugs two are going to hang around till next cycle the others I ran out of soil mix. So off to the box store for more mixins. I need more soil to up pot the next cycles needs and finish this one’s

3 Likes

Maybe this is what you want to see

7 Likes

3 Likes

Or maybe a look at my Co2 systemUploading…

Try again, no photo. :grin:

1 Like

We will try the Co2 picture again

Goes from 650ppm to 2500 in 2.5 seconds, returns down to 850 in twenty minutes just in time for another hit

4 Likes

Looking good there @Uncle_Al!

1 Like

This timer controls the time of day that Co2 is allowed

It controls power to a magnetic contactor switch
That sends power from the wall
To the shot cycle timer
That powers the magnetic release valve
Main valve and primary regulator
And finally metered to slow the release and increase the duration of the gas shot.
No the magnetic contactor isn’t really needed but I like using the for added safety

6 Likes