Let's have another round....testing etc

These bags have more holes in them and breathe better than the 4 in square plastic pots. I think the biggest advantage though is that as the plant grows a little taller I can pull that plastic lip up and top dress with a media/EWC to add volume for the roots. And like tomato plants the covered stem will make roots.

I probably won’t use those square plastic containers at all anymore and transplanted one clone out of one.

3 Likes

@lefthandseeds Yesterday (29th) in the water they go. Chose the biggest and the smallest and half the rest.

6- Black Lebanon x Black Afghani maybe we can get at least a couple girls out of this to check out. Real lucky and we get to choose the best from 3 or more.

That could have some names eh? “Darkness Comes”, “The Black”, ‘Dark Shadow’

I guess @Leaf has about a 10 day start on me. Have not sunk as of this morning.

Meanwhile there is one of the Deep Chunk x Jungle Spice (#2) stretching and setting buds. This one I took 4 clones from a couple days ago and it has an apex clone about 2 weeks old. So 5 clones setting roots atm.

This thing (#1) is taking on more water these days. Due a trim and clone taking. Just haven’t gotten there yet.

Hasta la vista

9 Likes

Looking good man ! I will pull up a chair :slight_smile:

Happy growing !

1 Like

@lefthandseeds Of the Black Lebanon x Black Afghani 4 of 6 are above ground. Two of the 4 are twins. In this pic the one on the top left has just been trimmed off and is only one. The stem is still visible.

7 Likes

Just 5 of 6 it seems since I pinched them back. Perhaps if they had been germinated in a paper towel I could have separated them. Too late now. Pinched back the weaker one with one easy choice one…well makes me think did they share a root system or were they 2 complete plants?

5 Likes

Up potted the Black Leb. x Black Afghani to one gallon pots and watered them in yesterday. Got up this am and one had crashed so down to 4 now. If I don’t get 2 females may run the other 4 too.

Having issues with leaves yellowing and spotting on some of my young clones. Lost several and so cleaned the tray and have gone to using filtered water for them instead of rain water run off. Looks bad and not sure if any of those new DC x JS clones survive.

Up potted the apex clone from #1 Deep Chunk x Jungle Spice to a 2 gallon pot and it is already pushing up. The other (#2 apex clone) is not doing as well. I did up pot it too though.

5 Likes

@lefthandseeds Landed. The lettering is difficult to get to photograph and can be difficult to read. I like the gold on black but perhaps on a black package it would be easier to read.

The white and black ones from before looked pretty slick and professional IMO.

As did the Megacrop. The meter should be here today.

8 Likes

It’s sad really. Mistakes were made. The results were real Plants died as a result. In a brain dead moment I mixed up some ingredients and up potted…without giving the soil time to ‘ferment’ as a result the hot mix killed two more to this point. 2 are still up and going. I dropped 4 more of these seeds ( Black Lebanon x Black Afghani ) 2 days ago when this became apparent and have since planted them after they sank in Royal Gold Tupur albeit in only small 2 " pots.

The two remaining

The EC meter arrived and I had some issues learning to use it.

After some discussion and advice from @lefthandseeds I bought a HM Digital Com80 for about $30 It does EC and TDS at 2% accuracy. Not as good as the Aperia since it’s accuracy is 1% but suitable for my use case.

So whenever I get one of these new toys I am always checking everything with it :wink: and was shocked to find EC was nothing like TDS and glad for having bought a meter that did the conversions and would swap modes. From reading the manual it looks as though everyone reports in mS since the show numbers like 1.3 instead of 1370

I mixed a batch of Megacrop it tested at 1.4 and I diluted it with another gallon of filtered water and am using that on all of our plants. BTW I found a coupon code if you want to try some of this stuff just use OVERGROW for a free bag @GreenleafNutrients I assume this is still valid.

To ship that littler bag would have cost more than to buy a 750g bag from Amazon.

So let’s find some good news. That Deep Chunk x Jungle Spice is looking like a real winner. Stacking nicely the pistils are showing tight clusters and building on both sides of the main stems. The trichomes are large, abundant, apparent and beginning to frost on the sugar leaves.

Above is #2 pheno
I took 4 clones from #1 yesterday

And the #1 Apex clone

Edit note: removed redundancy

9 Likes

Well the last 4 of the Black Lebanese x Black Afghan by @lefthandseeds are up at least… one never did sink and popped when I squeezed gently but did not look crushed. I planted it anyway. I suspect it is the one that came up with a helmet on it’s head. It was left for 24 hours after spraying…still covered so I gently removed the shell…it is the one in the bottom right.

I may not have the patience for it…though Meesh’s Good Shit experience tells me it could still come on big later.

Meanwhile the two survivors of the earlier round are progressing well though one carries a couple battle scars.

Oh yeah…9 of 10 germinated

10 Likes

@lefthandseeds
So yesterday I found a sprout in one of the BLxBA pots.

Now it’s about 99% that this things is BLxBA. I had no other seeds in soil at the time. But…there is that chance…so although I suspect it is the one that did not germinate since I dumped those into my mixed soil I cannot assert it is without more evidence. I will wait and see what it looks like later. It certainly is following the same characteristics of the others.

That of course is assuming that it survives the removal.

10 Likes

Liking those rice hulls brother.

5 Likes

Me too. Attractive and reflects some light. Keeps the soil moist and adds potassium into the soil. Aerates if mixed in like perlite. Cheap.

So today I am going to add a few more pics just for Lefty ( @lefthandseeds ) the idea being he sent me these to grow out with the idea I report on it. So here we go.

The two older ones and the apex cuts that go with them. They had leaves picked up above the cup rim this am. One did not have a dome last night…the other did. About 8 days for each.

And then the 3 newer ones that are getting close to me taking that apex cut to flower.

And of course there is Speck.

12 Likes

Black Lebanese x Black Afghani
These are apex cuts and their ‘Moms’

I up potted the apex cuts from the first two a couple days ago. They should be ready to flower in a week and we can weed these things out.

These last 2 clones are in straight Tupur.

13 Likes

Nice stuff I enjoyed getting caught up. That JS x DC looks yummy. :v:

2 Likes

Just clones today of the Black Lebanese x Black Afghan I have finally up potted Speck. He is just as old as the others and is now at 6 nodes. Nicely formed and hoping it will at least be female.

The latest apex cuts are taking root and running now without domes. 3, 4 and 5 are all about 8+ days old. Of the clones 4 was the hardest to get to take and 5 the easiest. The best structure belongs to 3, 4, 2 in that order. 1 and 5 are typical of males…but I have been wrong on that count before :wink:

Meanwhile these two have been in 12/12 going on the fourth day but have not shown signs of sex yet. 1 and 2 in that order

I liked 3 enough to take some extra clones just in case. And I have had to trim the 1 and 2 plants and add the trim to the compost already. Certainly could have a half dozen of any but 5 and Speck at this point if I had tried to.

6 Likes

Number 1 showed male and was culled. Was pretty sure 2 days ago. This afternoon saw the first pistils on #2.

The #3 and #5 apex cuts took well and were up potted. #3 apex cut and Speck were put in to flower/sex. Getting close to time to drop some more seeds and need to sex these and get the girls going to make room.

1 Like

Black Lebanese x Black Afghani #2 I have a few pics of this one today since it is the first I have id’d as female.

First a couple of some of those leaves.

The stem is large thick and hollow.

Speck seems likely to be male.

Up potted the last of the apex cuts…

2 more not pictured atm they are short and unremarkable right now. Just trying to get them to show sex

Edit note: 11 days of 12/12 for #2

10 Likes

That’s a cool height management technique with that soft wire. Do you just bend the stem around it as it grows? Or pinch stems and use it to keep them from coming back up?

4 Likes

I ‘threw it over’/ supercropped and then did it again adding the wire the second time to support the branch in the shape I want. a day between each one.

4 Likes

I have been updating that strain in this thread since it belongs to that group and it was a freebie from the first seeds I received and not a ‘tester’ Like the BLxBA

I have cropped and smoked the #1 plant at this point and am flowering another with lots of branches from the start and longer leaves. It also smells more pungent.

@lefthandseeds forgot to mention that I took 3 more cuts from the first BLxBA ‘Mom’

4 Likes