Let's have another round....testing etc

Speck is a boy toy. Say bye bye.

6 Likes

Black Lebanese x Black Afghan

Some observations about this strain. IME it likes a dry pot, it doesn’t want a lot of nutes and stretches a lot. It is fairly easy to train but you want real short cuts going in to flower. Smells vary on the stem rub as she flowers and at least the one leans to sour.

Only one with any pistils to speak of at the moment; but #3 is throwing pistils now. #5 and then # 4 should show next. All the girls so far have been slow to show sex. #4 was the slowest to root. Adding some aloe juice to the water really seems to encourage new root growth.

So as of now #2 and #3 are girls.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info. Doesn’t surprise me too much that they like it dry. Both sides come from pretty arid environments. Afghanis seem to like Colorado low humidity more than most things. Makes sense.

Love seeing those big hollow stems!

4 Likes

Black Lebanese x Black Afghani

The good news. So far #2, #3 and #5 are all girls. The bad I overfed the big flowering one.

Only #4 remains unidentified.

9 Likes

Today #4 identified as male. It had a lot going for it…but in the end I decided to ride with a choice from the Mom’s available and not to seed any of these. As such the male is now gone. The male apex clone is still alive for a day or two so I can show a pic of it.

The 3 females I have showed different pheno’s in each case. #1 and #2 were very alike though of opposite sex and #3 and #4 were also similar and opposite. #5 is a more diminutive plant from the beginning, it is perky and seems easy to please. I have taken a few extra clones of numbers 3 and 5.

The male had a huge hollow stem at the time I cut it down.

5 Likes

These clones are the apex cuts from #3 and #5

And the big one #2

There are a couple other little clones in there Of either #3 or DCxJS #2

4 Likes

RH is brutal and has been for two weeks and not due to be better the rest of the month. Pests are back and anything with heavy buds is being harvested, washed and hung to dry. The fan leaves were trimmed away because of the high humidity.

These little white dots here if seen under a loop or one of those fancy scopes reveal the enemy.

That plants is BLxBA #2

I thought she looked much like @8k_feet 's pictured BL from 8k_feet's trying to ride the lightning - Ace Malawi x Panama I wanted very much to taste a fully developed plant but #3 and #5 have clones still in the cabinet and I have some more coming along.

The ones in the back will go on…front ones cut.

So #3 and #5 have clones here

12 Likes

9 Likes

Oh no! Sorry to hear about the pests and RH problems.

I’m dealing with the thrips still on mine. Need to get rid of them before I switch to flower! Ugh, Spinosad it may be…

Good looking plants still though brother!

Grow on… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Two treatments of horticultural oil over 3 days, also went over all remaining plants with a paintbrush and DE. Over and under the leaves.

These are #3 all are clones and the bigger is the apex cut. It is easy to see the difference as the younger clones show the alternating nodes of a mature plant.

Pheno #3 seems to be getting very dark (apex) and it’s node spacing is tighter than #5’s or #2’s was.

Now #5 was a stretchier plant. I didn’t have a cut ready to take 2 weeks ago off of #3 as I had just taken cuts. So the little one pictured got entered madscientists-1st-annual-16oz-clone-contest

Added one of the Wicked Widow clones since both are healthy again.

6 Likes

Down to #3 and #5 as the remaining girls. Number #3 seems to have a tighter node spacing. Still it stretches and I had to bend one over already and likely will have to on another.

2 newer cuts and the apex cut of #3

RH is terrible but that should end soon. Which is why you see me tugging that leaf above. I try to flex those nugs at the node a bit to get some air next to the stem.

Then there is #5 supercropping is said to encourage a strong plant ,cant’t argue with that from what I have observed.

The stem rubs vary and are complex …at times I can smell celery, sage, pepper and other scents…and they certainly are getting dark.

9 Likes

I wonder if they’re going to go jet black like the Lebanese. That would be :sunglasses:

4 Likes

The leaves look awfully narrow. Hoping they go black :slight_smile:

You did look see at the clone cup entry? That one is #5 too I was proud of how I clipped that one two days ago…it was almost surgical

3 Likes

Is that showing roots already!? Looks like a very happy clone.

3 Likes

that thing had roots when I put the “Arise Roots” vid up. It was a cast…some chickens may have sacrificed their lives to that event. :wink:

1 Like

Looking perky today

9 Likes

Looks like a good specimen you bred there @lefthandseeds.

5 Likes

Let’s hope so! I’m really curious what this cross will do in flower. Haven’t grown it yet.

6 Likes

Looking good !

Deadly job at cloning. I still can’t get any clones to work. Trying the old clone in water near the window sill. Still no luck, might have to buy a dome and some rooting gel.

3 Likes

Black Lebanon x Black Afghani
First up we have #3 an apex and two others- I don’t know what to make of these sugar leaves unless it’s back off on the nutes. Any thoughts? @lefthandseeds

And the Apex

Then there is the # 5 apex cut

And the Wicked Widow which I’m going to hi-light some of the mutant leaves(?) on this thing.

11 Likes