Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

Sitting on my patio, in the middle of miami and a damn coyote jumps into my downstairs neighbors patio over a 7’ fence! He then jumps out of the neighbors fenced in area, into the pool area. Ran through the pool area and jumps over the main pool fence. Wow that was neat. I had no idea coyote were in miami!

This is the area he jumped into!

2 Likes

I think Antarctica is the only place in the world you WON’T find them.

3 Likes

Yeah, coyote have boomed in population and are everywhere these days.

Seems red fox have grown as well.

3 Likes

I’ve seen documentaries about that and I don’t doubt their conclusion. They are, other than man and rats, the most adaptable species on the planet.

3 Likes

Coyotes and red fox were responsible for 1500$ my livestock every damn year…until

1 Like

we got Johnny and June. Maremu livestock dogs. The deer even bed close to the dogs.

6 Likes

We have 4 kuvasz which look quite similar. Awesome dogs

2 Likes

11 Likes

I was going to say…deer seem to do ok too.

I think they just left the local dispensary……

2 Likes

I’m up in the mountains of VA and we have bear, deer, turkey, coyotes, possum, fox, bobcats, racoons, timber rattlesnakes, copperhead snakes, and a ton of birds. I’ve caught a bunch in game cameras over the years and they’re great neighbors.

The bear is on my sidewalk about 30 feet from our front door. I love these guys in spring when the babies are around.

Both of these birds only stop by in spring during their migration. The blue one is an indigo bunting and the other is an orange breasted grosbeak also known as a cut throat because the orange markings on the neck.
You guys have some amazing pics.

12 Likes

Yes, but best done from a distance; ideally from behind a window within your home - especially if one of those “guys” is actually a mama bear!

1 Like

30+ Rosevelt Elk on a nearby farm. They’ve come out of the mountains after the rut to feed. Rare to see this many together at once. The largest elk in the world. Some migratory snow geese chillin with them too.

13 Likes

I’ve never seen a free elk. Now that right there would be an amazing thing to see, right there.

9 Likes

Couple of weeks ago. Tried to get them both in the pict.

16 Likes

10 Likes

Just found this thread. Can’t resist sending some more. I love the all wildlife 50ft. out my window.

18 Likes

21 Likes

Couple roseate spoonbills just flew over us in the everglades.

12 Likes

Sorry it’s not the best picture. I asked them to smile, they weren’t cooperating.
Bottlenose dolphin mom and baby feeding

10 Likes