Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

As Basic as it gets
“Care for a Roll in the Russian? Dawling”

8 Likes

22 Likes

Just a baby, 12’. Crocodile. Had to canoe past her, maybe 4 feet away.

15 Likes

I’ve walked into so many aligators when I was in Florida and never really worried… however once I was in Mexico and the local golf club’s lagoon was home to a Crocodylus acutus…

Aligators = whatever…
Crocs = were worships as Gods for a reason and are NOT to be fucked with.

4 Likes

alligators are everywhere here. ive bunny hopped them on bicycle before, hahah. crocs on the other hand are a pretty rare occurrence. ive seen a total of maybe 4 crocs in the wild before. alligators i couldnt even count, hundreds upon hundreds.

4 Likes

Yep! And when I do see them all i think is: “If chased run away in a zig-zag… DON’T FORGET to run-away in a zig-zag…”

2 Likes

Just had to go with the Giggle, after finding this BackYard party from a pals in a diff City.
Someone left the Barn Door Open and the Yard filled quickly

(And YES, he fell)

6 Likes

Slightly smaller moose with pointy antlers.

2 Likes

Proof that birds evolved from dinosaurs. Those things still look like dinosaurs.

I’ve only ever seen them once in Costa Rica.

8 Likes

hard to make out the face, is that a jackal?

regards,

nice layout, presentation and use of space.

it would have been cool if you could use this for your grid gallery image and pictures opened a full size picture of the images.

regards,

2 Likes

These collages were put together by Mrs P on a different platform and she lets me share. :smiley:

I’ve never gotten the grid gallery to work properly here so I just said fuck-it and do what I do. :rofl:

4 Likes

I think they are beautiful as well,
'till, 'till, some of those same beautiful little bastards find out 'bout the free all you can eat salad bar (my vegetable garden) in my back yard. then they commenced to spread the word, then before you knew it everything was either ate, chewed, shred, chomped, and sometimes just plain ‘ole’ stomped flat for nothing more than “shits and giggles”, in parts of and some years most of my vegetable gardens and flower gardens. near impossible to keep 'em out of there.
but yes, they are beautiful,
too a point?

regards,

3 Likes

Well, I mean…if you don’t have proper fencing around your vegetable garden to prevent deer from jumping in, you’re basically just inviting them over for snacks :grin:

200w

5 Likes

plus, the over population of deer. I’m not positive, but I don’t believe as many people hunt as what use to? I could be wrong about that last bit of information, but I believe I read that not to long ago?

regards,

2 Likes

I have no idea about the rest of the world, but there’s a lot of deer hunters in my area, and even more coming in from all over the region to hunt around here.

Still, overpopulation won’t affect your garden if you have the right fencing up. After 10 years of 5 foot fencing getting the job done around my garden, I had to add another 2 or 3 feet of height to protect my veggies, and I have an incredibly high number of deer in my area.

8 Likes

most of the fencing articles that I have read have mentioned a double fence system. I could barely afford the first fence around the garden. when they broke it too many times, I just started different deterrents, not to much avail. they will stand there with a water sprinkler turret spraying them. they will not be deterred, in most cases. lost my outside plants to them as well last year. that hurt…
and still is hurting.

regards,

2 Likes

With a 2 fence system, you can get away with a shorter primary fence. With a 7 to 8 foot fence, you probably won’t need anything extra. The extra 2 or 3 feet of fencing I added on was the plastic fencing. It’s more of a visual deterrent, and it works (at least, so far…) :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

2 cats and a kid watching 2 ducks, and a squirrel.

A few days ago

12 Likes

Not a recent photo but there are still plenty of elk.

9jCOZ3k

9 Likes