Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

Riding over a bridge into New Orleans and there was a ‘road kill’ alligator blocking part of the lane.
That was a ‘far from home’ moment…

2 Likes

My brother lives in Louisiana and there was an 11 footer chasing pets, etc. In his backyard. Game warden caught it and killed it because it was habituated.

Once we were boating past it and it “stood up” using its tail. Its belly was a sickening white

2 Likes

From goofing around in wet parts florida as kid i learned to run fast in a zig-zag. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@belleswell The wild life in your yard and your photography skills are phenomenal brother! :+1:

Thanks for sharing, but I ran out of likes ;-)~

5 Likes

It’s easy to tell an Alligator from a Crocodile. He will either see you later, or afterwhile.

10 Likes

That’s just good science

4 Likes

Gray Squirrel

Fox Squirrel

Black Squirrel - So Close

Nice Chair

Red Squirrel

Good Dog

Two Turkeys and a Borg

Barred Owl

Bald Eagle

27 Likes

He goes by hops

15 Likes

Rondeau bay lake Erie snapping turtles usually they nest around end of May first of June ground temp thing

21 Likes

Snake in the grass

The older I get the more I like snakes. I always did, but I like them more now. I had one just like this one when I was a kid. I named him houdini, and kept him in a little terrarium with a sliding hinge top. And guess what? The mother fucker got out, of course.

Would a snake by any other name have stayed? Lol.

I also have a weird claustrophobia, and being rolled up in a carpet is something I can’t really think about without thrashing around making sure my arms and legs are free. Gives me the willys to the point of insanity, but that’s a snakes life. Gnarly creatures.

19 Likes

Right after lunch one afternoon I came back to this. Snakie was after an afternoon delight.

12 Likes

18 Likes

Trash panda

20 Likes

Here Kitty, Kitty

Baltimore Orioles - Table For Two
Their name comes from the fact that their colors are the same as those found
in Lord Baltimore’s Coat of Arms.

Rose Breasted Grosbeak. First one returned on 4-27-24

Here Kitty, Kitty

22 Likes

Heres just a few that I have had encounters with.

24 Likes

Okay if you dont mind I will throw a few more that were in the yard vacinity.

![IMG_8076|288x500]
Young male grizzly about 2-3 years old on a pink salmon hunt.

Bull moose about 8-9ft tall on his daily walk.
I took a photo of a black bear walking the same pathway but opposite direction.

Female black bear looking for food in a tree

26 Likes

20 Likes

19 Likes

18 Likes

18 Likes