Lets talk about super high THC flower

Weed back then was just as good as weed today.

How do I know?

I checked.

6 Likes

I mean, I know that 1 + 1 = 2, and I’ve forgotten more calculus than most people ever learn so… this is a weird argument to me :man_shrugging:

Man, that @Foreigner is one cool dude.

You know how I know that?

I counted. :peace_symbol: :frog:

2 Likes

Coolness: check.

Seriously I grew the same weed recently as I did 25 years ago and it was excellent.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Yeah but can he do my taxes?

2 Likes

You probably hold 5% of elite cuts.
Otherwise I dunno what seeds you got that killer bud you claim, or maybe your dealer has that one right clone for ages, why switch a cash cow ?
But still most of the market is watered down.

1 Like

You have a very negative attitude.

I stashed these seeds in my parents basement for 25 years

5 Likes

Since when lab tests are as straight forward as doing 1+1 ?
You use the most silly arguments really…
To think we are talking to adults… Wrong.

I took a Time Machine back to 1984 and collected weed samples then brought them back to the future for testing.

That’d make a great movie.

6 Likes

What kind of weed was it? Or was it simply weed?

That sounds cool lol

1 Like

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
—George Orwell, 1984

5 Likes

It was Nirvana California orange bud

1 Like

This has been touched on already and explain very good, especially by @Sbeanonnamellow.
But I just want to share another perspective.

Have anyone of you tried pure THC, no terps, no nothing. Pure THC. It’s so crappy, it’s like a bad spice. Not even close to what cannabis is.

Many of you stones would taunt researchers for years that did or do experiments with pure THC, saying stuff like “THAT IS NOT WHAT CANNABIS IS ABOUT!”.

So my perplexity is, why are we still having this discussion? You can’t tell researchers that they don’t understand cannabis, while doing the same shit yourself, but with flower.

THC will never matter and if you set the environment to produce max THC, you are also changing the phenotype! So thinking that a 20% Chem 91 is the same phenotype as a 31% Chem 91 is just fantasy world, that’s not how plants work.

There is a few simple reactions which produce THC, if your focus on increasing the rate of these reaction. You are decreasing the reaction of something else. You can’t eat the cake and have it too. It doesn’t work like that.

Hope this rambling made any sense, but some of you are in the fantasy land of American commercial cannabis. Sure go head and make bud light, but don’t come and tell me my krusovice is shit, just because your beer got higher ABV and is lighter in color…

Pz :v:t2:

8 Likes

Fuckin goals bro

2 Likes

That’s a kilo of fresh green buds, of course. Indoors!

2 Likes

It’s off-putting for me to go into a dispensary because they feel compelled to tell me the difference between indica and sativa. Every single time.

7 Likes

And the funny part is there ain’t no way in hell they actually have some kind of 15 or 16 week sativa being grown in commercial facility.

6 Likes

I still think commercial facilities are running auto versions of strains so they can pump the buds up on high EC, not mess with light schedules and be done quicker, generally speaking.

Grape Cream Cake flower

Chocolato flower

Almost nothing else except THCA

2 Likes

“Almost nothing” is different than “nothing” though :man_shrugging:

Even those small amounts of “minor” cannabinoids can make a big difference of effects in comparison to the same THC % without those cannabinoids. Not to mention that this test result only shows cannabinoids, and doesn’t include info on terpene profile. And not to mention that there are dozens or hundreds of other cannabinoids that are either not known, not understood, or are not isolated for testing.

All of these cannabinoids / terpenes / thiols combine and recombine under heat and other catalysts. These combinations have the potential to create even more chemical structures that haven’t been identified or studied.

I think of it a little bit like coffee. Coffee has caffeine but in a brew that is just one of dozens or hundreds of chemicals being released, combining and recombining into different configurations and new chemicals that aren’t present in the coffee beans themselves. Coffee makes me feel good in a way that most other caffeinated beverages do not make me feel. So why can’t I take a caffeine pill that makes me feel the same? Even if I take pill with the equivalent caffeine as a cup of coffee it still doesn’t make me feel energized in the same way, and it has none of the “good mood / feeling” I get from drinking coffee. So can the effects be explained solely by the caffeine?

Just some food for thought. I’m not trying to be argumentative, so I hope this comes across as me simply sharing my perspective on the matter. Part of the reason this stuff is complicated is that this stuff is seriously fucking complicated. Our current methods of scientific peer reviewed studies are meant to look at things in isolation. Cannabis cannot easily be broken down into its individual parts. Studying the parts is not the same as studying the plant. Creating a well-formed study proposal is nearly impossible for cannabis, and that’s without considering the politics around which studies are approved vs rejected (nearly every study is rejected unless it sets out with the intention of “proving” harm).

9 Likes