Let's talk Sensi Star 🌿 ⭐

"Old ass Sensi Star " my god :sob:

The Sensi Star is pretty potent, strong weed, but its best quality imho is its versatility and its genetic capital. This chemotype have this particularity to seduce a lot of profiles of stoners, included a few than are not specifically liking “stone hammers” (like me). The twos weeds are very different but on the “spectrum” the SS play both on nerves and muscular like the Bubba Kush, but stronger and without ceiling for a daily haze’s smoker. The trichome’s coverage is not specially impressive, the potency is. With a specific signature like the Black Domina (in less narcotic and “serious”).

On grow side it’s a breeze, i put her in the category of 90’s “weed machines” : Sweet Tooth #3, AK47, Super Skunk, White Rhino … she have a place on the podium for me. Instead the others references i just name and then are providing superb plants with bankable photos, the sensi star look like shit lol It look like a little bush of buds, leafy side, than nothing can stop. Kind of “weed soldier”, hard to share the image i have as it. Nothing really special to expect, she clone well, she’s quickly ready to flower, she eat anything, you can sog-scrog-tree-whatever her …

On versions, the problematic is very annoying and that’s the sad story of Paradise Seeds. I was a fan of the whole catalog when this seedbank have popped in the market. At this specific period, we just finished the White Widow and the Blueberry wave (like the actual “dawg wave” in all strains) and i was very happy to find this exotic catalog with funky weeds, a bit off the “over used” standart : the caramellla is just delicious, the nebula is an ufo in the “trichome’s champion” category (for the quality of the smoke), the durga mata with its strange scents … and off course the pillar Sensi Star.

But Luc screwed it all very fast, after the very first months of the transition to the catalog to fems … the regular was allready fucked and have stopped to give valuable motherplants. Genetically valuable i mean. It’s why all pre-fem versions are hard to get, when they have been rightly maintained. But even in the case of a badly drived reproduction, the line (SS) value the ride and decades later after its birth, you still regret to don’t have it in the seed stock.

The hybrids are generally pretty decent, i agree on that, but always below the initial potency for what i’ve tested (from releases). The trick with this beast is to understand the segregations of the males than doesn’t look like wide but which is pretty critical to outcross it without loss. You have barely four groups of males, one of these groups is a blend of twos main groups, a “mendelian hybrid”. It’s the one to use, which smell mostly minty like a “dark Jack Herer pheno”. You can’t fail your hybrids with them, in term of potency at least. For growers not specially used to select plants, i will push them to use the females with smart choice of male’s partners : a white widow based male or an AK47 based male (most easy and secure F1 to do i think). Kush / Aghani hybrids with this baby are generally a bit disapointing, the chemotype lost its soul and it’s strenght when the plants are too fast. You end with a leafy aghani shape with a messy smoke (unstable in curves, high/down, “loud stone”).

She’s a classic to known for sure, but she offer also a “dual blade axe” : she’s easy to drive in using always the same male phenotype (the holly minty), but can be very challenging in term of segregation if you want to improve it. F1 and F2 produce the best males for hybrids, but to work in depth on it you have to wait the F3/F4 to see the male’s segregations becoming enough clear to offer strategic choices.

I’m the guy than was thinking than these kind of strains will stay around forever, due to their inherent qualities. They have to be hunted today due to the degeneration of the production. The list is freaking long now.

23 Likes