is a winner.
indoor its more or less a totem pole
it need outdoor to develop a huge
branching that become baseball
bat bud.

Really really nice.

Bare

21 Likes

I wonder how many OGer’s have no idea what OG is, like me, and read all this with a huge, virtual question mark above their heads.

11 Likes

Mr @Barefrog any more for trade my good sir? :grin::grin:

4 Likes

I do not understand all the hoopla over OG. Yeah it is good, and has good taste/smell, but there are others I like better. They also yield to the small side most of the time.

7 Likes

When I read “OG” I think “are they talking about OG Kush?”

I’ve googled that a few times and always get a different answer. “Original”, “Original Gangster”, “Original Grower”, blah blah blah.

Still have no fuckin clue what it is.

Now we have folks around here calling Orange Goji “OG”. That muddies the water even more.

9 Likes

There are many “meanings” to it. From back in the day when the 1st incarnation of this site was up, the strain was created, and given the name OG for OverGrow.

That is the def I tend to think of when I read OG.

IF we asked 100 peps here, we will get 25 different answers…lol!!!

9 Likes

Just me doing that, didnt mean to add in confusion, lol. But Orange Goji is certainly an OG!!! One that actually yields too!!!

4 Likes

I think of Ocean Green - I read once that OG stood for plants in California that were grown in close proximity to the ocean!! Haha so basically anything :rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Ocean Grown is another I’ve seen.

5 Likes

So it is essentially a meaningless term?

4 Likes

Haha I guess but I think of FaceOff and other bombs like that now when I hear OG. Ghost OG I believe is clone only and the sought after cutting.

5 Likes

one opf my favorite OGs was Diamond OG sourced out of East Oakland. I grew it for quite a while and then moved on and my buddy there that I got it from passed on a few years ago. It may be gone forever now. I hope not. It glistened like diamonds and had such a super strong hash stone.

6 Likes

Lol I second this @Barefrog:grin:

3 Likes

Story I heard is, the term OG around with the original kush strain that made the round in LA during the 90s. Hence the “OG kush”. After it was passed around and the clones started to have some genetic drift and adapt to the different environment it was grown in. This is where all the different OG clones came from (ghost, sfv, Larry etc).

I feel after that, the term OG was used and abused in different way. Either as a marking of some breeders attempted breeding an OG kush like varietal, or their best works.

But that’s all hearsay and internet stories. True or not, I do not know.

For me, when I hear OG, it represents a branchy floppy plant that has exaggerated internodal spacing along with golf ball buds that are covered in trichomes. As for smell and taste, it tends to be earthy and musky with pine/gas/citrus undertones. Then again, it will all vary based on the plant. The high tends to be on the strong side and sedative.

I may be wrong, but it’s the most I can add.

-GH

17 Likes

This.

It’s also known as Blood Diamond OG, which gets it confused with Blood Diamond from swamp donkey seeds. You and I both got it from the town.

Another favorite that’s not seen a lot of mention here yet is the Hells Angel OG cut, I believe renamed to the Larry cut to avoid association with the MC.

5 Likes

Hola Gang
Here’s what they look like

Bare

26 Likes

Thats the story I believe too. Makes sense. Ocean Grown.
Thenof course terms like ‘original gangster’ get mixed up w it over the years. I mean heck, I see ‘phenol’ and ‘strand’ every day on IG lol

8 Likes

Hmm I have a Dosi Dos X OGKB that I am currently seeding with @BogSeeds Sour Strawberry… really looking forward to the pheno hunt with these beans, you jist know there are going to be some pheno’s with amazing smells and taste AND some serious potency to match.

Totally agree, a good pheno of one of these is real hard to beat IMHO, and I say that in fact at the very moment I am smashing skywalker dab from my last chop and seeing stars as result :joy:
I gotta say though from the 2 beans I put in I ended up with two of the most radically different examples of any strain I have ever seen. This pissed me right off as one of the plants was so gangly that it was hitting the lights while the other MUCH shorter, stockier and more frosty pheno was way too far away from the light and suffered as a result.
So now I gotta take beans that I paid top dollar for and do the stabilization that fkn reserva privada SHOULD have done in the first place… In my ideal perfect world breeders would publish tested and verified phenotype variance values as other professional crop seed breeders do. No more surprises woudl suit me just fine.

11 Likes

@Barefrog those ogers look real interesting and historical to this site if there from ghost or orgnkid. would love to try some out if you have more if not hope your doing a repopulation run soon. I think the true origins of og will be forever lost but orgnkid was defiently connected to the original crew and the master and bubbah are both great strains. @growhard gave a spot on descreption of og as I know it and always have. I would say that just about every variety is a one off hybrid or s1 seed somebody found , the real og cut was barely passed around and I knew a few people close to that crew and they said the legit og only ever went to one person in tahoe, one in Las Vegas, orgnkid and out to colorado with the lemon man. I know alot of s1s were made and sent out on the original og by orgnkid. Orgnkid also bred the tangerine skunk and banana kush.
I have some old banana from back then I need to try and sprout. Its not pure but crossed to a old line I have from early 90’s bag seed

10 Likes

just to list them all in one place

original
over grow
original gangster
ocean grown
ocean green
organic grown
original genetics
original Ghost
(Orange Goji for Jetdro)

8 Likes