Strains you won't grow/why?

Most of us were growing strains from Holland but who knows maybe someone got lucky. Don’t remember an OG Kush being passed. But things were a lot more quiet back then so maybe.

3 Likes

Yea, it was all about what many are now calling old school strains. What I remember the most was the BOG strains lol.

5 Likes

Yes sir. I’m still giddy when I see someone growing his gear. I’ve been licking my lips, thinking about it, all these years. Bog is the man.

He only had a few strains that I remember back in the day.

4 Likes

Yep, back when the shut down happened, there wasn’t any of the sour line. I think blue moon rocks was the only berry line, lifesaver and sweet Cindy sound familiar. Not sure if life Star was out yet, I think I would of remembered a sensi star cross lol. But of course, his BOG bubble and Bogglegum was the ones that I remember most. Based off his personal recommendation, I ended up going with sour boggle during the group buy. I still want to try bogglegum too at some point, and I definitely need something with sensi star.
Wait, this was about the ones we won’t grow lol.

5 Likes

Right? Sorry, I didn’t help!

Capture _2020-10-16-10-12-12

4 Likes

it seems that I am not the only one with that memory stored in their memory banks:

Rumors say the “OG” in its name stands for the once largest global grow-site OverGrown.com, which was famously shut down by the Canadian police in 2006.

2 Likes

It seems Ghost OG has it’s origins on Overgrow as well:

Ghost OG first appeared in the OverGrow.com forums (one of the first cannabis forums). The Ghost OG Kush cut came from an Over Grow member named ORGNKID. ORGNKID sold an O.G. cut to an OverGrow forum member named “Ghost” who further distributed the cut to others.

and also Abusive:

Abusive: This cut was brought into the community by an overgrow member named “Abusive”, believe it or not Abusive claimed to have got the cut through the rapper Snoop Dogg.

6 Likes

Tend to shy away from some of the newer hype strains “Runtz” for example.
Seems like lots of people breeding for strictly bag appeal nowadays, gotta have that “exotic” “za za” lol

8 Likes

Found what you were referring to!
Ghost OG came from Overgrow!

From Greenpoints website
ORGNKID & GHOST

This particular cut is thought by many to be the mother of all OG Kush strains. Ghost OG first appeared in the OverGrow.com forums (one of the first cannabis forums). The Ghost OG Kush cut came from an Over Grow member named ORGNKID. ORGNKID sold an O.G. cut to an OverGrow forum member named “Ghost” who further distributed the cut to others. Nobody knows the exact genetics of the strain, but it is believed to be originally from the Kush Mountains in Afghanistan and Pakistan. A true Kush strain.

3 Likes

Yeah I posted that a bit up the thread - 2 posts up lol but good looking out. I dont think i was confused about the OG, but then again I could be wrong, I was wrong once before lol

2 Likes

D’oh! Should of kept up before posting lol.

2 Likes

more info about the OG Kush and overgrow.com connection:

check the posts from StendhalSyndrome, specifically this one:

“I really have to strongly disagree with the OG Kush, it wasn’t really from overgrow more after it went down it was created “in honor of?” hense it being called OG.”

2 Likes

Ghost :arrow_right: ORGNKID :arrow_right: Josh D :arrow_right: Bubba :arrow_right: Florida

4 Likes

Fake cuts on strainly… @Strainly

3 Likes

Once you buy a clone how much does it cost to keep and re clone .
I know for a fact many arent fake. Clones are dirt cheap in dispensaries in CA , then marked up x10 and put on strainly. I know many users on strainly that are legit with legit cuts for sale.

2 Likes

Right. Nobody’s talking about that I’m talking about all the fake cuts. The majority of strainly

The majority are real . Its all the same cuts . If you look at every ones feedback theyre buying cuts from each other . Keeping mothers and reselling.
Since there are so many . Whos cuts are you referring too exactly? Thats a large accusation to make.
My experience has been great . Ive purchased and grown about a dozen different cuts off the site . I would like to know so I dont get ripped off though. If you know something I dont please share. .

4 Likes

The story I’ve heard said a guy was doing a Sea Of Green when indoor growing was in its infancy. He called it “Ocean Grown” and the OG stuck. Had nothing to do with strain, it just so happened the strain he was working with was ideal for SOG and super potent.

…that’s the legend I was told.

2 Likes

Let’s get back on topic,… what strains put you off to the point of writing them off and not growing them. Another for me would be lowryder 1 and 2. They were always so small on the end and did not meet my expectations. Funny thing is this was the first plant I ever grew, and I was gifted the seeds on here from a user in the early days. Maybe it does deserve another go after becoming more experienced.

Stay kind,

Paws

8 Likes

Not a strain just Autoflowers, I tried a few some 5 years ago and a lowryder or two an a pineapple express before that. Just not worth the hydro indoors and outdoors the results were always schwag. Maybe things have changed but other than finish time outdoors, just not for us.

5 Likes