Lets's Talk OGs with OGers on OG

Not og related…but I’ve been eyeing some cannaventure gear.

4 Likes

Has anybody listened to the potcast with BOG where he claims that OG Kush came from his seeds ! from the first Overgrow site,he says in his own voice that he gave out some seeds and received cuttings and seeds back of the original OG Kush ! From his original stock ? Bog would not make something like this up to sell seeds ? Would he ? As we all know that would not be good long term business,it’s in his voice, his words ,the Australian host ! He claims it’s his Sour Bubble
Peace and love all !

3 Likes

I think he was referring to sour dub.

4 Likes

The josh d og is a collaboration with karma genetics and is not pure kush but a cross of several phenos and a blackberry. The ghost is chunkier then the original og and more lemony. There are so many possibilities and several different stories that are all similar but different. I will say that there was already a shit ton of og labeld as kush floating around the upper circles of los Angela’s in 2002.

3 Likes

He did mention the Sour Dubb on a separate matter ,and said that the original OG Kush was from his seeds that he passed to another member of the original site,I’ll look up the episode and come back to edit it in here,I don’t know how to drag a link so I’ll just get the info ,edit episode#26 The Pot Cast ! peace
PS I find it fascinating that he believes the power and high come from a possible early Bubba Kush !,(before he purchased them )
Peace and love

4 Likes

Good day all,I certainly had no intention of killing the thread,feel free to disregard any of my questions or comments,I’ve personally never knowingly ever tasted a OG Kush,I do however have 4 Sour Bubble seedlings started to hopefully find a nice pheno,I do have a world of respect for the Giants before us ! And Bog (his support included) have put out some groundbreaking offerings, Sour Bubble is (from what I understand) very much a game changer ! Hope to find some nice medicine !
(Once again I find myself listening to his potcasts)
Peace and love yeah
Mad respect !
Overgrow !
I would love to try some authentic OG Kush, would love to know where to look !

2 Likes

A lot of untested seeds were passed around back then on the original site

3 Likes

I love og , the weed and the site :grin:

6 Likes

There are breeders that self feminize seeds from elite cuts. Its not the original cut but when selfed your doing to get a really close pheno . Some will even be better (and worse) than the original cut. Some breeders implement S1s, bx and cubing from feminized pollen into their breeding program. Allot of the cuttings your looking for places like Humboldt CSI , dr. greenthumb and others have. So you can find what your looking for in the form of S1 . Some s1 will have move vitality than the original clone that may have lost its vigor. You will pay for it though.

3 Likes

CSI has some great stuff.

I would shell out for a few of his S1s - namely the TK, Chem 91 and Aeric 77 Cali-o.

One day!

4 Likes

@man-bot His Chemdog 91 will be here tomorrow. I plan on running few hundred of those to find something better than the original.
I plan on buying few of his strains though. DR. Greenthumbs s1 g13 is the original, Nevile cut . I plan on running those too. Elite clones could be had if you look at the proper S1s.

4 Likes

Wow!

Well if you’re doing a grow log I’ll definitely be following that. Would love to see how it turns out.

Part of my original pondering was how much better are the elite cuts that’s are so prized out there? It’s one of those things that I would have to actually try to see for myself. I do agree that S1s are definitely the simplest route to get there. I believe CSI has stated the TK S1s show all sorts of Chemdog like plants in it.

My search is not so much for power these days but for terpene rich varietals - particularly ones that translate the scent to taste.

4 Likes

@man-bot
Hers the thing . The elite cuts are awesome there is no doubt about that. Whats awesome to me and to you are different though.
If you find some one selling clones that are selling clones to make money . They usually cost a bit , 10$ clones are few and in between. Those days are gone.
Lets say you take the plunge and get a clone. How healthy is the mom the clone came from? Did the owner set it out side to regain its vigor ever year . If not moms do degrade over time. Then theres bugs. Allot of us dont know major breeders or live by the newest and hottest clone bank .
So if we can get by all that we may get what we are looking for.
Im just saying Properly feminized S1 are an option.
Here is my grow log your more than welcome to watch. I have allot of haze , Bubba s1 , train wreck s1 . G13 x haze SSH , Jack Herer , White widow , white rhino Theres allot going on.

3 Likes

Does anyone hold a Superman OG cut on here?

2 Likes

I have a bean of medical bagseed, Tangie Burn #5… anybody hear of this… evidently my kid liked it.

1 Like

S1 mother from the OG Vader cut. The vader cut has made it’s way around but is still a desirable plant. I am really happy with her. I have some in the big room I will throw up later.

8 Likes

A black Triangle (og leaner) i chopped yestrerday day 62

13 Likes

Looks very nice @Craigson15. Looks like some dank smoke there. These are vader clones not quite halfway done. Gonna be some fat tops i think. They are picky feeders in bloom I’ve found.

11 Likes

Og kush was already circulating los Angela’s before orgnkid got the clone , many of us were on the original og site when he got it and started making beans available. It did not originate from ogers beans , ogers beans came from his work with the clone not the other way around.

3 Likes

Ive been looking for yoda again! Had that cut for years.
Found another fella that grew it hundreds of miles away and that’s when I knew it was legit.

1 Like