Lets's Talk OGs with OGers on OG

i’ve never had a pure OG, let alone seen in person or smoked any of the flower from the “elite” cuts that always get discussed.

I’ve had some dispensary GSC and there is no way it was the real deal as it wasn’t anything special by any means.

I’m always left thinking “how much better are these elite cuts that what people have going on overgrow?” - I’ve seen some stupid good pics on here… hell even some of what comes out of my garden seems almost on par. Maybe if I lived in Cali I could find the proper biz (even though OG, TK and Chem are east coast Originally - or so I’ve read)

Regardless - check the PotCast for some good listening on the subject. Episode 40 with Ghost is really interesting for all things OG… he seems to have been around at the time of OG coming up in the scene.

8 Likes

I havent seen that one do you have a link I cant seem to find it.

4 Likes

You can get through podcast apps too. Lots of awesome listening… really good podcast.

Edit - my bad, this one is more about cookies!! I think I was think of the Adam Dunn Show series about OG and Frank Gegax. Either way - the PotCast is a really good show.

3 Likes

Here! Here! Anyone paying 300 dollars for a pack of seeds should know what to expect.

On the topic the best ‘OG’ I ever had was a single 8 gram bud I had that was said to be OG Diesel . Some of the best smoke I ever had. Also tasted as different from any OG Kush I tasted from a dispo as two strains can

8 Likes

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=72237
Ive got a huge boner for these OGers beans.

Hopefully get a reproduction done this yr.

Edit- sorry pics never upload in order lol

9 Likes

I dident see any mention of the ogers but that timeline is rather accurate compared to most peoples story. In reality we will never know for sure the origins of og but can only hope to find that holy grail of herbs.

4 Likes

What was supposed to be the first paragraph. Basically says pretty much all original OGs all came from OGers beans that orgnkid had back in the day.
The icmag thread lays it al out.

3 Likes

I see now, more og folklore got to love and hate the mystery.

4 Likes

I will say that i dont beleive og stands for original gangster, ocean grown, original genetics, or the majority of names people come up with. Ogers is overgrowers shortened if I do remember correct, there are a few people who were involved who now claim different origins of the original. I first smoked og 19 years ago and have not seen that qaulity since.

4 Likes

There once was a old girl
Who grew threes rarely fives
She dident yield much
But the high was the prize
would redden the eyes
But led to many a friendships demise
You may see her here
You may see her there
But cant get the cut anywhere
Missed by many
Does anybody got any

12 Likes

Og came from here, the bud developed here, and named OG after site.

6 Likes

That seems to be a very excepted history
Og= Ogers = overgrowers which was a term for members of the original site.
This is still debated though due to inability to truly tract its origins. I will say in 2002 it came labeled as just kush and was in los Angela’s in more elite circles.
The florida origin is also heavily supported by people who I know for a fact were close to the growers of the best og I’ve ever seen. I think alot of misinformation has been intentionally spread to help prevent people from trying to replicate the genetics. People were making insane amounts of money of the og and were not keen on other people competing with them for that market. Greed and money have corrupted the history and genetics of alot of great strains. Rks being a prime example and og kush being another.

10 Likes

If I remember correct orgnkid got the cut from josh then gave it to ghost, made ogers from a s1, banana, tangerine etc
If that’s the route were back to the it came from florida story.
I’m by no means claiming to know the truth as that would be a bold and unbackable statement but
I was always told it came from the los Angela’s crew , the guys that blew glass. I heard a vastly different story though about how they got it and why there were different names being attached to the original right off the bat. I was told it was stolen from a old man in the desert known as grandpa who lived in a small trailor and grew under fluorescents, his nephew kiped the plant and kept it between him and a few close friends. The clone was given to orgnkid, then ghost etc. The original threw nanners and alot of s1s were quickly being grown and claimed as the real deal by people desperate to get in on the money they saw being made. Old grandpa grew it from seeds he brought back from over seas. If that is true then nobody knows what it was or ever will.
I was told this story after years of pestering the person in la that could get the best og I’ve seen to this day. He had nothing to gain in telling me that story and swore by it and the fact that it was just called kush and probably had no relation or little to a true kush. It gets even more complex because one of the tahoe og’s came from a breeder who was related to somebody who was in the same circles as the bikers out in the desert, might explain the Tahoe connection idk. Og is a sativa type floppy plant not the short indica version so many of these seeds produce. Thai and indian ganja plants look the most similar to me.
Then there is that afgha thai plant Suzuki treated with colchicine , ubc chemo cancer study in the late 70’s that was rather interesting.

9 Likes

Thinking you have it figured out

Realizing you probably dont

9 Likes

So from what I can tell, Cannaventures Pure Ghost OG beans are made from breeding S1 male and females from original OGers beans.
Info below is in response to someone asking about Cannaventures Pure Ghost.
Gotta love cannabis legends and trying to determine whats legit lol

4 Likes

Not og related…but I’ve been eyeing some cannaventure gear.

4 Likes

Has anybody listened to the potcast with BOG where he claims that OG Kush came from his seeds ! from the first Overgrow site,he says in his own voice that he gave out some seeds and received cuttings and seeds back of the original OG Kush ! From his original stock ? Bog would not make something like this up to sell seeds ? Would he ? As we all know that would not be good long term business,it’s in his voice, his words ,the Australian host ! He claims it’s his Sour Bubble
Peace and love all !

3 Likes

I think he was referring to sour dub.

4 Likes

The josh d og is a collaboration with karma genetics and is not pure kush but a cross of several phenos and a blackberry. The ghost is chunkier then the original og and more lemony. There are so many possibilities and several different stories that are all similar but different. I will say that there was already a shit ton of og labeld as kush floating around the upper circles of los Angela’s in 2002.

3 Likes

He did mention the Sour Dubb on a separate matter ,and said that the original OG Kush was from his seeds that he passed to another member of the original site,I’ll look up the episode and come back to edit it in here,I don’t know how to drag a link so I’ll just get the info ,edit episode#26 The Pot Cast ! peace
PS I find it fascinating that he believes the power and high come from a possible early Bubba Kush !,(before he purchased them )
Peace and love

4 Likes