Leuh13s Grow Journal - Mysterious Prenseeds

I just realized MG was miracle grow and not magnesium lol. All my info was from the perspective he was using water only soil.

3 Likes

It happens :stuck_out_tongue: So many abbreviations
some make sense while others are a definite head scratch lol

Soooo @leuh13 how are the babies today?

Edited to fix spelling error

2 Likes

Hello guys, I had some personal problems so I was off last days, I’m sorry.
The MG that I added is Magnesium, not Miracle Grow (idk this lol)
I gave water for her like @MomOnTheRun said, in parts (2 cups - 30/50min + 2cups
) and today is the third day after this. I recorded a video today from her, here follows the link. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uz4MKp-HyDPRcRbT9ysnVeD_QyHNP_10
today the soil appears to be dry and the pot is weightless. the leaves seem to have stopped dying and where it was already burnt now has a more yellowish, lighter tone.

in resume, I only added water and wait till today, nothing more than it.

4 Likes

My bad
damn abbreviations lol Thank you for clearing that up - now I know your abbreviation for magnesium :wink:

She does look better though still hungry. Now when you water, give 7cups (1656ml) to keep her hydrated. When the soil starts to remain wet for longer ie 4 days instead of 3 then back off by half. She still needs to eat though were you able to find kelp and/or terra pretta?

3 Likes

yeah, I forgot to say, I didn’t find kelp here but terra pretta have on every corner here in Brazil hahahaha @sk1 sent me a homemade formula using earthworm humus, water and a airbomb. I think that he can explain better. He always says to me start to use it but you know
 some years smoking
 sometimes we forget some things hahahaha

4 Likes

Nice! Give her ~a 1" topdressing
that should be enough to feed her and we’ll see how she looks next week :wink:

4 Likes

An important info that I forgot to mention is about temp/humidity. I’ve a trully stabilized temp on soil in 25,5ÂșC when lights on and 22ÂșC light off but in ambient 28,5ÂșC ~ 23,5ÂșC respectively. humidity walks on 60% ~ 78%

what do you mean with " 1" topdressing ". my english isn’t to good and I dont understand somethings heheh :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Temps are just right though humidity is a bit too high
try to lower it by increasing the exhaust out flow

No worries :wink: Add terra pretta to the top of the soil about an inch thick. This way you don’t disturb the roots and the nutrients in it will flow down to the roots so they can take what they need from it

4 Likes

Yeah, I am just more used to teas. Was recomending him to do a terra preta/castings combo tea.

But my last soil grow was ages ago, I am not by any means an expert. One of the reasons that I asked him to post here was get help from more knowledgeable people on dirt stuff

The other reason is because you guys are amazing :heart:

3 Likes

Hmmm Ok !!!
Many thanks. I watered her right now, lets see next days.
if you saw on video I’ve an another small plant together. I watered her in same proportion and her soil still wet, really wet !! hehe

5 Likes

That works too - its just simpler to top dress :wink:

:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Sorry I’ve been offline for a while, it’s nice that you’re not using miracle grow. Like @MomOnTheRun said topdress your pots with like an inch or so of pretta and you should see your plants bounce back. Essentially the microbes that make that soil so amazing even after 1000 years give it take a decade will migrate down into the pot. However you’ll still need to give it some form of food whether that be some form of dried plant matter “dry soil amendments” or wild harvested things or some mineral rock dust. My worry is that the pretta alone may not have enough nutrients stored to balance your soil back out. But even a topdress with it is better than not.

4 Likes

hi all,
here comes some pics taked now. She’s completing 40 bloom days and trying to recovery from lasts shits that I did dohahaha
Let’s gonna see pics, I taked pics of all topbuds that she has and if everything was ok since she starts I would get a great results

5 Likes

yea, my friend explain me better how to do a topdressing and I’ll complete with a tea togheter. I only need to wait next watering
but maybe this is my last turn on soil, I’m moving to Flood & Drain on next round

3 Likes

If you’re topdressing with wild harvest stuff, make sure it’s powderized cause it will increase surface area and allow the microbes to more easily break it down. Add about 1-2 tbsp and mix/scratch it into the top 1/4-1/2" of the soil, reapply mulch and water. Easy peasy lemon squeezey

4 Likes

wassup guys, how are you going?

I need a lil help to finish my light setup. A month or little more ago I bought last 8x solstrips X3 from Baudelaire but I still don’t buy a driver for these strips.
I was thinking on 2x hlg-240h-36a (version A give a bit more W than B and others) and 2x sets of 4 strips each
 I also did a 1:10 scaled drawing for strips distribution on my tent. I’ve an 1m x 1m tent (1mÂČ) and 2m height.(pls ignore “grow area”, I’ll do E&F and not will use those 6 pots)

Does someone has a better way to use this strips on max eficiency or am I right?
maybe some of you saw my project on Official solstrips thread.
many thanks

6 Likes

Buy the 2 240h-36a. Run one in veg then turn other on in bloom.

5 Likes

hi mates
I tooked this pic right now, 45 bloom day
I don’t have much time to uptade here now, tomorrow I do it.
I did a topdressing and watered with humus tea yesterday.

6 Likes

maybe 5700k X2 strips will work better than X3 for veg, not?

2 Likes

The x3s have mixed colour temperature no? Mix of 2700k and 5700k??? So basiclly covers both spectrums needed. The reason I said buy 2 separate drivers as there is really no need to run so much light during the veg period. Using 1 drivers will half your power usage during this time. When you flip to 12/12 use the 2 drivers together and bang as much light as possible onto them. It will save you a lot of money on your power bills

3 Likes