Life and stuff...dealing

Im still breathing. Not been here a while. I still have five oaxacans from.upstate…going outdoors here in oklahoma. Had a great vacation and got to see the Dead and Co at jiffy lube arena in bristow va. Came home to a call from my brother and found that mom has been diagnosed with alzheimers
So.im kind of holed up at the house watching for the next covid wave and trying to deal with the heat and the news about mom
Will post plant pics later.

36 Likes

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis regarding your mom. That’s a real tough one to deal with, best of luck.

14 Likes

Thank you it means a lot.

8 Likes

Welcome back to OverGrow, I have been in your situation. If you need to talk about it please PM me. Extreme difficulty is ahead, your going to need every family member and friends to help from here on out. When depression rolls in… reach out, don’t go it alone.

Looking forward to seeing your grow, be good to yourself.

16 Likes

Damn. Real sorry to hear that about your mom. Lots of our friends dealing with the same, it’s tough…
Sending positive vibes. Stay healthy and cool

9 Likes

Sorry for the news, I would encourage you to talk about it just like you’re doing. Peace.

6 Likes

Sorry about your mom. Alzheimer’s is nasty. If it brings you any solace, it won’t be that bad on her, just everyone that loves and is looking out for her. Try and spend as much time as you can with her and get her to tell you stories/memories. Listen to music that she used to and still loves. The brain is a weirdly fantastic organ.

5 Likes

Very sorry to hear about your family’s health troubles. I agree talking about it is good, it will give you some perspective that will really help when you’re dealing with it down the road. Generally speaking, she won’t suffer too heavily and you and your family can do a lot for her, things aren’t done yet.

If she was involved in tasks that have a lot of muscle memory, like singing, dancing, art, etc are partially stored in different parts of the brain and she can still do some of those well into her condition.

Much love

3 Likes

My heart goes out to you @Trowertripper. My grandmother had Alzheimers and lived with us. I know I’m just an internet rando, but if you ever need to vent you have an ear my brother.

Gardening will most certainly help you.

6 Likes

I SINCERELY feel for ya!!! Went through the same thing with BOTH Father and Mother, 12 years apart. NOTHING can prepare you for the experience, as each react in a different manner. Stay strong, don’t lose your patience, however painful. I wish you well during this trial. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Alzheimer’s isn’t necessarily the end!

Also add SAGE to the daily food intake, it also improves memory and cognitive function.

Let food be thy medicine.

7 Likes

I went through this with my mom recently as well. It’s fucking awful, and I’m sorry that you’re going through it. If you ever need to talk, cry, scream or laugh, don’t hesitate to reach out.

Keep your head up.
-Jack

8 Likes

Really sorry to hear about your Mom’s diagnosis and I’m currently on year 6 of my Dad being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and please @Trowertripper don’t hesitate to reach out and if you want to chat or whatever I know how and what you’re thinking so it’s a hard disease so don’t let yourself recluse and I’m sending my thoughts and prayers for you and your family and I am so sorry The Doc (Josh)

4 Likes

I am sorry to hear about your Mom. Did they let you know at what stage she is at. I was my Husband 24/7 care giver. He wasn’t “diagnosed” until the last few years. He was effected maybe up to ten years before.

PM if you ever want to talk.

:green_heart::seedling:

1 Like

She is in stage one…lives alone next door is my niece, brother lives near her as well. Im the black sheep and moved away several years ago. Will have to repair relationship.with my brother and he seems willing.

2 Likes

I was with ya at “The Lube” in Bristow… great opener…

Sending positive vibrations your way. ((((((( @Trowertripper )))))))

Pulling for you to push on through and for King Kindness to rule your world.

3 Likes

Ha! Thats so awesome! It was a great ahow…my first dead show at age 62! Im.late to the bus but im on it for good.

2 Likes

Glad you got to get out and enjoy your vacation and so sorry about your mother.

1 Like

Hope you are doing well and things are calming down / getting a handle…

the Pineapple Thai is massive 6 foot+ beanpole - not showing sex yet

1 Like

Me 3 - I was there for Dead and Co. Too!

3 Likes