Lifespan Flower-triggering for pure Sativas?

well I think it’s time for an update here. The tl;dr is I did not see a life-span dependant response in either the a.g. or the c.g. plants I grew

I tried to get sneaky and do a seed run of a reportedly fast flowering plant (jade nectar’s grandpappy skunk) thinking they would flower and get pollinated long before the sativas started to show sex. I flipped the tent in the first week of february and a colombian gold male was the first to flower in the whole tent :sob:

In any case, I ended up with 1 c.g female and 2 a.g. females that were put out outside around April 20th, nearly 19 weeks since they were started as seeds and 9 weeks since the lights were flipped. Here’s a few pics

The Colombian Gold

and the two Acapulco Golds. I’m calling one the poofball pheno because of its funny central bud, and the other the “octopus” / “string of pearls” pheno because of its buds and because it topped itself into this trippy, elongated, branched out structure

I think the tall a.g. got its poofball from growing into the lights and getting quasi-topped. It definitely got stressed out, it threw some nanners until it calmed down. After some consideration I decided it’d be fine to keep for bud outdoors (knock on wood :crossed_fingers:) so it’s stickin around

I figured the sativas were all mature enough to keep on flowering if the theory held true, but they’ve not only revegged just fine, they were nearly a month faster to do so than the grandpappy skunks which have only just started to reveg these last few weeks!

Here are the sativas in the second week of may, already well into revegging. First up is the poofball A.G.

the octopus A.G.

and the C.G.

!

I can upload pics if anyone wants to see but ironically neither of my “extra early” g.p. skunk plants had a lick of new growth on top of their buds until early this month, they just built up anthocyanins. So at least with the few plants I grew out of the fbsc/snowhigh a.g. and c.g. stock, I didn’t see any tendency to flower based purely on plant age. They respond to light hours very well.

9 Likes