Light for a 4x2

I did not say how many watts im running in my 2x4s. I only mentioned the ionframe 8 evo in my 4x4. And that light is dimmable and only running on level 6. So very applicable. Im running 258 watts at the moment in my 2x4s and at lights on it hits 81 degrees with considerable ventialtion going on.

this is all VERY applicable- This post just told me what I’m going to be looking at running similar wattage considering my ambient temp is identical to his right now

1 Like

My basement might as well be a garage. Its not sealed from the outside very well at all. I have a crawspace down there with a grate in it you can see the outside right through. So the whole im indoors and running different wattage without him even knowing what my wattage is was a silly comment.

I would want to be running a dimmable light in a 2x4 that can hit atleast 280 watts for peak flowering.

1 Like

Just dont buy their ph meter. Its just a rebranded apera ph60.

1 Like

I’m leaning toward this guy right now:

320 watts - high end. Good for flowering. I don’t really see a downside to that light except maybe its not the best for veg.

I think the Diablo 350 is overkill

Hlg makes good lamps. Im not going to knock em. That lamp is basically what im running but mine is a knockoff company. I like the bar lights simply because using plant yoyos is way easier with them.

I dont know but maybe another way of approaching this is to rephrase the question. What are you aiming to achieve in terms of yield and in what timescale with what medium.
This might mean you can concentrate less on the light both in terms of thought and budget and reallocate the money to other factors such as environment or growsystem.
just a thought

I see your budget and I knnow you probbly want a pug play but thats serious money, unless its rupees, to drop on 4 x 2 system. Stud wall, plasterboard and home extractor fans would save a ton of money and probably give you a greater lesson in your environment than an off the shelf all singing system.

I want to grow the best flower possible and enough of it to not have to buy from dispensaries- I’ll start with soil and possibly look into coco and go from there.

I’m growing for myself and nobody else. I go through roughly 2 ounces per month and that is a $700 monthly cost.

Half the time the buds have been so processed/tumbled they aren’t even popcorn sized anymore… I’m walking out of the dispensary, after having dropped $350, for m$m sized pieces of weed. Im done with it.

1 Like

Didn’t see it listed yet, @BuckBreeder mentioned bigger ones I think. I got the Evo3 for my 2x4 and like it so far but I just flipped them today so can’t comment on flowering results yet. :grinning:

I use HLG scorpion Diablo in my 4x4 and it’s super solid, I don’t have any issues with heat just need to make sure you have the headspace because it’s super bright. My ambient is ~65F and tent stays between 79-82F using 6" exhaust on temp control.

bluelab for my meters

And that would fit right into my ACI setup. I like that.

However I’m not willing to sacrifice on flower quality for ease of growth. That’s the dilemma with that.
That’s 280 watts with the latest diodes… I’m going to look into that light a little further, thank you.

I see the reasoning behind your budget now. I think your goals are very achievable whatever your choice of light. Remember though more expensive gear, nutes, seeds doesnt equate to better results. Good luck with it.

1 Like

I actually have a grow log on here using nothing but compact CFL bulbs from years ago- let me see if I can find a pic

That’s where I left off back in 2018- ready to launch into LED growing- and here we are 6 years later =D

2 Likes

Ive used CFL lights in the past but went back to HPS up until 2023. Ive tried LED before when they first came out and didnt rate them. I finally switched to LED last year and I wouldnt go back.
Looking at those CFL buds I reckon you will really get along with the LEDs. They look lovely. I think you will have permanent full jars once youre up and running.
Nice grow skills

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

What am I missing here guys?

• 4x2 trellis netting

@Ris
Gonna order the tent parts and light seperately

only thing not here that was mentioned was the trellis netting

2 Likes

Final question- I’m going with HLG

Diablo 350
Rspec 320

I’d go with the 320 but its not available on Amazon so it puts the price equal to the Diablo 350 if I ship it straight from HLG - so price is effectively the same on both lamps.

I read that RSpec is better for flower only and Diablo is better for Veg>>Flower but have not seen side by side to back that up.

1. 4" exhaust for 2x4 and that’s more than sufficient. I have the 6" in 4x4x8 tent I use @ only 8 power level because it’s overkill for that size.
  2. Add +1 oscillating fan for even circulation
  3. 3 gallon pots. Lets me feed twice a week would only use 5s if I wanted to water less often but it makes it harder to adjust/react to the plants needs.