Light for a 4x2

How long did you wait between orders? I’m just gonna order them seperately if I can save another $20 lmao

1 Like

That’s a good point on the fan speed- Is that something that the ACI controller will help take care of?

1 Like

Yes, you can set all those parameters in the controler.

1 Like

6 inch it is- glad I asked. Thank you again.

Got the first on on April 15th. so not sure if you do 2 seperate orders if u can apply to both.
I used a mechanical timer in my flower tent. But found if I lost power for an hr or 2 I’d foegert to reset it…
So I got a kassa outlet smart timer… The thing is awesome. Highly recomend it.
Power goes out… And comes on an hr later. It knows what time it is, and adjust.
I went and bought a cheap heat mat as well as 1 light was not hit enough to keep the tent around 80. Love that thing to keep the roots warm in veg… I power heat mat :+1:
Check out my journal.

1 Like

Oh a heat mat sounds perfect for my temps- Do you mind linking the brand here? Im f’n exhausted shopping for stuff. I just want to hit buy- i’ll just take the $20 discount and call them $100 each, less headache.

1 Like

All of those are are great lights, but if you want one that looks cool as well as kicks arse, buy a Kind 420. I run almost an exact 2x4 space and it works perfectly. The Kind also puts off a bit of heat, which you’ll need if you’re in a 55 degree space. You really want to run those lights at 80-85.F for optimal performance.

Good luck!

The kind x420 is heavily on my radar- I almost bought it yesterday … it would bump this setup to around 1150 from 750 - my budget is 2k

Is it worth it though? I have no fkn idea - never used LED

1 Like

Here ya go.
iPower 48" x 20" Warm Hydroponic… https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01IDQDCNY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Fits perfect.
That kind light looks awesome. But it’s pretty pricey. That’s up to you.
Budget is a big thing to some.
My flower light is a 475w photontek that cost me a G. But their safety record is by far the best. I live in an apartment and that’s a biggy for me

1 Like

Oh you’re just vegging with the xs1500s? Shit man I was planning on using them from seed to harvest… back to the board. LOL

1 Like

I’m also an audio/videophile and this hobby is similar as you are always looking for bigger and better once you get hooked… Always think about the next step.
I always thought. No way would I run 2 tents… A year later :joy:
Led are the go to now. Tech has come a long way. You can loose your for hrs down thr rabbit hole. As you now know lol

1 Like

Yes. The Kind IS worth it. I replaced an 8 year old Platinum 600 with the Kind 420 last fall, and couldn’t be happier. The kind also gives you a lot of spectrum control compared to other lights, with separate knobs for red and UV, which can also save money in veg.

I’m run about 7 grows under my Kind 420, and it’s a monster. Potent, sticky, compact, buds.

3 Likes

For sure- I just don’t have the experience to have a clue what the difference in end productg would be between flowering under something like the Kindled x420 vs this $200 cheap-o Amazon setup- some people say there is no difference and I’m being scammed by marketing spending $600 on a grow light for 8 square feet, others say different.

I wont really know until I dive in

I think I misread about the xs1500s though- I didn’t realize you guys were using those for veg-only. I’m leaning back toward the Kindled x420 now- I just need to call them and make sure they provide warranty to Alaska because they wont ship there- I can order it through Amazon though

What’s the heat like under the KIND? I’ve read that it runs really cool

Truthfully? Any light over $300 bucks in a 2x4 space is going to be a great light these days. The difference in yield or performance is negligible over a certain price point. So the question is, WHICH ONE LOOKS THE COOLEST?!!

I bought the Kind because of its shape, it fits perfectly in my 2x4 space. Plus, I wanted one years ago when I bought my Platinums, but they were just too expensive. Kind’s been around awhile, too, most others haven’t been, and most others won’t be around tomorrow.

Actually, it runs a bit hot. Not smoking hot, but hot enough to heat up a 2X4 space. In winter (Indiana) I struggle to get the temps up to 80 where I want them. This time of year (it’s 92 today) the Kind is about perfect, and grow room right now is running at 78-79 with a 4 inch infinity exhaust fan.

I’m assuming it would fit well in an ACI 2x4 6 foot and use with the controller as well

That being said I couldn’t care less what it looks like inside my tent :smiley:
I want the best end product

I don’t mind a little heat- it will actually help in the winter with garage temps at 45 degrees

I just called their support line and got a voicemail- not a good start.

The kind LED x420 doesn’t ship with an extension cord for the driver and they don’t stock that on their Amazon page- if I’m paying $600 for a light ii want to make sure I’ve got their full support on that 5 year warranty and access to any parts I might want for it.

For everyone that is recommending the Viparspectras - Are you flowering under those lights?

2 Likes

Folks
The best led will be the most reliable one with even spead around 4x2 having the maximum par output per watt.
Viparspectra xs2500 pro is 30 bux off and unless its complete lie or shit reliability it has the best spead. 400 par at sides and 900 middle is estooopid if you have an option.
I talked to two on growdiaries.com and they likem for couple years.

id add some uv myself.

1 Like

can get two of the xs1500s for the same price and an extra 50 watts

I think I’m gonna just do this- KindLED wont even answer their damned phone so… yeah.

Get 1000 extra watts you can use it as an oven.
I see 109 x 2, -20? So like 220-40 is 180 or 200 because only allows one coupon?
One less heat xs2500 pro is $170 after coupon BUT you’re right no extra 50 watts for your heating requirements.
Good luck

1 Like