LilJonB's Hopscotch Grow

Hey @BigMike55 am I doing this right?

There is stuff stuffing off of the rods. Sitting at the bottom of the jar.
Should I add more juice?

2 Likes

You shouldn’t get sediment like that. Did you use distilled water?

2 Likes

What kinda MacGyver sh!t is this?? Looks interesting :thinking:

4 Likes

Actually, after an overnite run, one rod was black, one light brown and a small pile of sediment right under the black rod
At least that is what happened for me. Used .999 silver and distilled water.
The solution was a light amber color, that turned darker with time.
Just my experience. Don’t mean to contradict. As I’m sure @ReikoX has more experience than me. I have only made CS once.

1 Like

Nope looks right to me. Let it cook for several hours. The charger has a very small voltage output, so it will take awhile for it to cook.

1 Like

This is what we are talking about.
BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log

Go to entry 80 and that is the McGyver Contraption.

3 Likes

Oh man thats pretty slick!!

2 Likes

The jury is still out on how well it worked. I sprayed the CS every day for couple weeks. When I started seeing nanners I quit spraying and placed a female clone in with this She-male. Still not finished but I think I will get some feminized seed from both the She-male and it’s sister. They are still cooking tho. And even tho I am no longer spraying the CS, it is still throwing nanners.

2 Likes

Haven’t gotten into the seed making part of everything “yet”… lmao

2 Likes

Good luck @LilJonB. Glad you’re feeling better. I cut my only surviving Hopscotch yesterday. Buds did not get as big as last but they were darker purple. F1 phenotypes I guess. I see you’ve got flowers, awesome. I got a 3.5 gallon bucket going. Hope I can see your results with veg. I might start a diary, taking pics now. I’m ready to see your leaves turn purple :crossed_fingers:. Heres my little buds hanging.

8 Likes

LMFAO! Making CS.

The rods are 9.999 silver. Came with a certificate. If I got burned they really went out of there way. Distilled water it was. I let it go for a day. I would switch the positive and the negative around every now and again. I forget who added the bubbles to there’s. I figured I had a pump so it wouldn’t hurt. If it works it is a hell of alot cheaper then buying it.

1 Like

I think you’re good, man. Really not hard to figure out. What I had trouble with was, learning how long to let it cook. I did the first batch too weak. I left the second batch overnite probly about 14-16 hrs. I did not use air but I can see where it might be beneficial, to keep the silver ions moving. Be interested to know how this turns out for you. We will know in about 2-3 weeks. You should start seeing nanners. Spray at least once a day. Twice if you can swing it. I think you are on the right track here.

And your charger puts out 9 volts. Mine is like 5.5 volts so yours should cook up a little faster. Maybe 8-10 hours. You got this!

Alrighty a little update. The Gelato Auto EC climbed to 2.1 and ph dipped to about 4. Brought her back to a EC of 1.7 and a Ph to 5.7.

She’s probably been happier I’m sure. A little but of signs of excessive notes.

But it’s not too bad. She’s praying so I guess that’s a plus.

The Blueberry Auto I was going to get rid of her but I just trimmed her back to pretty much her main stalk. She’s kinda showing the same dissatisfaction with the nute situation. But to be fair I haven’t been given then the attention they deserve.

The EC is at a 1.7 and PH is 5.6. I’m going to just top her off with a little bit of PH water to see if things change at all.

Now the reason we are here. @Hoppy s HOPSCOTCH.

It looks like some of the pollen might have taken
But who knows. I will give her a little more before I get rid of the male before I get rid off him for good. Promise :innocent:
PH dropped to 4.8 But she’s back up to a 5.7. The EC is staying stable. For the most part. Went from a 1.8 to 1.6. So that’s good. Or at least I think so.

I have to say the Hopscotch is a trooper. For sure. I’m not at all disappointed.

11 Likes

Good to hear my friend, I’m ready to see the end results. There’s a buddy of a buddy of mine growing one using “rice wash?” I dont understand his process but he claims frost so think it’s icing. Guess we’ll see. He said something about a cube in the soil and its growing mushrooms.

2 Likes

The goal is to have your ec constantly going down. If your ec is going up its because the feed is too strong and your plants are drinking more water than nutes which is increasing the ec. Lower your ec feed till you find it goes down when you check it instead of up.

2 Likes

Yup yup. Glad you covered it. I should have known the Autos wouldn’t be able to handle as much as the Photo.
I do have to say that the Blueberry Auto my cousin is running took alot longer to flower then mine. Mine has been on 12/12 for the past 30 days. Should that happen with Autos :thinking:? I get that most autos were photos at some point. Unless they are true autos. Whatever that means. Anyone else see faster flower times with autos under a different light times?

2 Likes

I’m glad you went there. I’m aware of the pf technique growing shrooms on brown rice and vermiculite cakes. Lol. But for what we are doing I’m guessing it would be similar as our home maid. Use wise I’m guessing it has to do with the sugar from the rice. Is he using soil? DWC mushrooms lol. I’m not laughing at you just the idea.

2 Likes

Hey @Chronickyle
Does this apply to growing in soil, as well?
Honestly, I never water to runoff, so I never check. I probably should but I don’t!
But if I did, and say, for round numbers, your liquid going in was 1000ppm and coming out was 750ppm, that would mean she is drinking what I am giving, correct? And if it is higher to say, 1200ppm then I would know to back off on the amount I am feeding, correct?
Cuz, I honestly don’t know. I feed them half strength nutes every other watering, or so and them seem to love it! So, I don’t check.

2 Likes

I’m not sure with soil. I’ve done lots of soil grows but I’ve never measured run off and never watered to run off, in soil I just go by what the leafs say they need or have had too much of and a lot of it is just asking the plant what it wants and trusting your gut.

In hydro I check daily and adjust as needed till I learn what it wants.

3 Likes