London pound cake og challenge

Here they come!

9 Likes

I’m very interested as well!

5 Likes

My grow closet is only 2x4, I cram as much as possible in there. It has 2 mars ts1000 lights. Im using ffof and im cutting it with a bag of Coast of Maine potting soil, worm castings and perlite. Ill be feeding with fox farm grow big and I still have some advanced nutrients sensi bloom a/b. Ill be flowering it in my recently enlarged flower room under a mars ts3000. Thats all folks :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

Are you happy with the Ocean Forrest? When I first tried it I found it to be rather hydrophobic. Then again, I didn’t cut it with WC or Perlite either.
I’ve been using Happy Frog but it seems like they have been using larger particles than they used to.
I may have to give ffof a try again and amend it somewhat. I’ve a good start on my next compost pile but it isn’t ready yet. Mom absconded with all my compost last year for her garden. lol

2 Likes

That’s what I used happy frog with blueberry diesel and sour grape, bought those from a closing hydro store. Ive used ffof for a while now I did use some mothers earth stuff a couple times. I use whatever I can get my hands on. But mostly ffof. I always cut it with something. I haven’t seen them yet but lowes gets these little bundles of pro mix , one of those things will stretch your media out, and it’s still good stuff. I used coco coir once, it was cool how that block of coco blew up. Outdoor I add some compost to my mix. That stuff is like gold.:green_heart:

1 Like

Two for two wanting to come out and play

5 Likes

Meant to drop this shot yesterday

9/10 had a root, 1 got stuck in her paper towel and I broke her trying to trim around her root so 9 it is. I haven’t even checked on them yet tonight.

6 Likes

Ok checked on them, they’re just fine

We have true leaves starting to show up!

6 Likes

Just to refresh my memory, what is the date we pull these indoor?

1 Like

We will have 6 weeks to produce a vegged out plant.
We all flip to flower on the same day. 6 weeks from seed, May 20.
Judging for Indoor Plants will be conducted by JohnnyPotseed on July 15th.
If my plants are not ready to harvest, I’ll keep growing them out. The weight will not enter into the equation. @JohnnyPotseed and @Oldjoints have their judging criteria all lined out. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

45 days veg and 58 days of flower………

7 Likes

Those were chosen as given six weeks, ANYBODY should have a nice healthy plant going. Most strains and crosses ought to have nice, close to harvest flowers at 8 weeks. Since we are not being judged on yield or smoke we should all have nice enuff plants to make it challenging for our judges.

6 Likes

Yes and yes!

4 Likes

I’ve been watching, lol not much else to do at this point. The 16 OG’ers for the indoor grow contest have all started their beans as of 3 days ago. Is that correct? Or do we have any falling to the wayside for any reason?
I recall someone mentioned posting pics at least once a week, right? Don’t see it in the ‘rules’, but think it should be done.
I look forward to seeing the progress by all on May 20, and the finish on July 15!
Good luck to all!

BTW… lol the window for getting the bribes to me is closed. Also, damn it! No one sent any! So I reckon I’ll just have to actually judge things properly!!
:crazy_face: :wink: :+1:

8 Likes

Paper towels have done the trick that floating couldn’t manage! Checked last night and had some baby tails. I’ll get some pics later before they go into soil.

6 Likes

Good morning @JohnnyPotseed
Before this contest gets rolling I just want to check the judges eyes.
Can you tell me what your looking at?
Good morning everyone else, where are my manners.

12 Likes

Um, can ya gimme a hint here cuz? It looks like some asparagus plants possibly?
:scream: :lying_face: :rofl: :+1:

6 Likes

72 Solo cups.
Some with seedlings
Some with dried up clones

I would say these are your outdoor starters but I am sure your outdoor plants are bigger than this already.

Sea of green?
All the LPC’s for the contest/ grow along?

4 Likes

I was afraid of that…
You are looking at the first ever “London Double Pound Cake”
Take a good look, you will see more of her. LOL

6 Likes

This is her twin sister catching some rays and testing the air outside

6 Likes