Look what I found :) all gone. . . FOR NOW

@sebring Take one of those other seeds i sent and throw it in the ground outside somewhere hidden in the worse soil you have and just let me know how fast it pops then pull it. . . If you would be willing that is.

3 Likes

Head outside to do that right now. I wish I had some of the local soil from my native Las Vegas, but I don’t. It was the worst “soil” I’ve ever seen, 50% gypsum, 25% sand and 25% lime; nothing grew in it, except sagebrush.

I know where there is some “bad” soil that the city sprayed with herbicide, I hate that sh*t. However, I have some almost pure clay fill dirt I’m going to toss it in.
All done, two seeds planted 1/8th inch deep under a freshly mowed matting of grass. It just rained so I’ll check it in a week and we’ll see how they’re doing!

4 Likes

Oh they will love it!

That’s about what my dirt is

They have never seen grass

What’s that?

3 Likes

I don’t have enough pips to PM yet but I thought I would let you all know I have 100 of the Freedom Dream beans somewhere in my basement. I’d be willing to let some of them go to a good home when I find them. :slight_smile:

Once I have been around here a while, I’ll offer them up to those who might want a few.

Eventually I’m going to try crossing Freedom Dream with some other strains and see if I can get the high-CBD and auto-flower genes to cross-over to something with some THC. I’m thinking Ww would be a good one, or maybe Pex.

5 Likes

check out this post for a breakdown of crossing autos w/ photos

5 Likes

Sorry they charged you I would have been so paranoid I probably wouldn’t have picked them up haha I don’t know what the hell they did to the poor envelope but glad they still made it. Haha talk about sneaking under the radar.

2 Likes

Sorry folks, I spoke too soon. I had a good look and it seems those Freedom Dream seeds are MIA.

Oh well, I have some reg Harlequin BX4 and fem CBDream beans as sources of high CBD alleles. Actually I already crossed the CBDream to Critical Kush. Will be trying those beans in the fall, and I’ve already got the stuff to mix up a solution for Beam’s test.

I want to figure out how old a plant needs to be before Beam’s will provide a relatively reliable indication of CBD potential. To do this, I will standardize my test processes and quantities so the results are at least comparative/relative/consistent. I will first compare known low-CBD strains with supposed med-high CBD strains to verify the test solution and record initial results. Over time I hope to be able to eyeball a Beam’s test of a young plant and know what I am dealing with.

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see those :+1:

1 Like

I’m actually really needing any kind of reg auto seeds if anyone has a few to share. I need males! :frowning:

2 Likes

No autos at all here, mate. Sorry.

1 Like

@Hoodini Did I send you all fems? Send me a PM and I’ll get you some of my Lowryder x La Diva regulars.

@cogitech I have a mother of Juanita la Lagrimosa, the cultivar that started the CBD wave. She came from a pack from Reggae Seeds. I popped two plants, one tested at 21% THC the othe 8% THC, 8% CBD (the one I kept). I’m planning to cube the Juanita while also selecting for high CBD and the autoflowering trait.

3 Likes

Yes! I have been reading your plan with keen interest! That timeline blows my mind. My first reaction is to try to condense it somehow, but one of your criterion is auto-flowering and that isn’t something you can rush (?)

Full disclosure; I am a complete newb grower of the herb. Just completed my first grow and it went very, very well. Zero issues, low maintenance. Honestly, I don’t know how so many people fuck it up. My first crop (2 plants) yeilded me enough smoke for several months (I medicate lightly) and plenty of seeds (pollenated from a 3rd, male plant).

Sorry if my enthusiasm is over the top. I have a lot of hobbies, but I think this is one that I can really sink my teeth into.

3 Likes

You are the man! I’m am in your debt good sir!

1 Like

That’s alright thanks for the though :+1::wink:

@sebring have you happened to peek outside and see if the HOODINI special has popped? I wouldn’t be surprised if one hasn’t come out to say hi

1 Like

The pen must’ve jammed up the machine. “Look’s like a card sent to Grandma, let it through” he said! HAHAHA! I didn’t mind paying postage, I always offer. I did check the parking lot for suspicious vehicles with gov’t plates before I went in :sunglasses:

We’re all set to pop some Specials in 2 weeks. JK about the crappy soil. They’ll be treated to the finest media & nutrients. I hope that doesn’t cause these “High Chaparral” plants to freak & lock-up!

2 Likes

Haha cant wait to watch the show :camera_flash::popcorn::movie_camera::+1:

Just checked the seed spot, no signs yet. I trimmed the wild stuff down to about 1/2 inch so I should be able to see any new sprouts easily!

1 Like

Thanks for checking :+1: I’m sure they are on there way soon

1 Like