Looking for a ghost og cut

So alot of what is going on is it has become a visual market breeding wise, everybody is on Instagram showing off these amazing looking plants and people go crazy so other people want that same look hype. Another big aspect is the extract market is huge and growing so there are strains that make amazing distillate but might not be the best to grow or smoke. If your stripping it all for oil with out trimming anything besides sun leaf things like structure and leaf to calyx ratio don’t matter as much. The extract guys want loud terps and good production they can always add more thc if need be. I think we’re going to see things separate more and more between high terps and high thc, they can grow both and get what they want and recombine it.
Loud terps - good structure - potency with a good high, that’s the trifecta people should be striving for , I was always told it’s not a keeper unless it has all three or is very unique for breeding.
I think every breeder should have a few things
A high thc plant to fix weakness
A fast finishing plant to speed others up
A short sqaut plant to tame those sativas
Something unique to call there own
If you have those traits in any combination of plants or terps of your desire you should be able to work with alot of different things and work them towards what you want. If you start with a chest of hybrid to hybrid countless generations back you will have a hard time predicting what the outcome of any future breeding is with out doing alot of testing and note taking first ( should do that regardless)

11 Likes

Oh i agree with ya man. Something i believe thats happening is the unknown cannabinoids are being lost with higher % thc strains… Some strains in the teens make a better fuller high then the newer 30% strains that fall off almost as quick as dabs. My main og hunt os so i can do my own breeding with strains that are a more all encompassing high ie giggles munchies relaxation creativity and such. It seems like the higher thc some of these effects drop.
For my head and body og does it all.

7 Likes

Out of the true cuts you have in your collection, what would you say is your favorite and most worth seeking the real deal?

PUTS genetics has some mean Ghost crosses. I gave up. Like was said on here a little bit ago. I bought a bunch of S1’s. I’m weeding through them right now. It’s about a crap shoot with them though half the stuff im looking for I found in the other half I just went and bought clones, but the ghost I’ve about giving up on.

Seriously and most people would brush this off. Id hit Copy up. I’d hit him up and see if he’s got some s1s his stuff is awesome. Again not all will be exact with s1’s. Ex. the Gelato33 wasnt on but really potent. Wedding Cake n GMO are on point. His back catalog is so huge it’s unbelievable. :+1:

Good luck on your hunt. And like everybody else said if you get a cut please holler at somebody. Hehe! Have a good one. The Ghost gets us worked up. Be safe.:grin::v:

There’s clones on strainly. There’s sfv cuts mac. I was just browsing. Never see ghost though.

1 Like

That’s a very hard question to answer , I like and dislike each one for different reasons , the ghost and sfv have a very similar smell, taste and potency but there structure and growth habits are alot different, there both sensitive picky plants. The ghost has a ton of vertical stretch and the sfv is realy floppy like spaghetti noodle branches. The ghost has stronger side branches but the whole plant wants to lean over from a really weak root system. It has very frail roots.i go back and forth between them and haven’t even convinced myself to kill this random one from the strain bank. It trips me out that it looks, smells and tastes like the sfv so much that you couldn’t tell them apart in flower or in the bag but in veg they act different, the one from San Diego I call Diego now grows much faster and lacks the red color to the stems that the sfv has at most times. It must be a s1 or something because its so much alike but a little different idk what to think.

3 Likes

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again-

Berner is the real life equivalent of pizza the hut.

The bay had better genetics before cookies.

8 Likes

How does Bubba kush compare? A local store supposedly has Bubba Kush, not sure if it’s the cut or from a pack of seeds labeled Bubba Kush. They do have stuff from JOTI so I have to wonder.

1 Like

T he bubba is a very short stout plant that is much easier to grow but has its own smell and flavor. The northern lights plant must have realy dominated it genetically because it’s alot different then the OG. The potency is good and the yield is great if you veg her a little longer then some other strains.
Does anybody else remember when sk had his pure kush seed company and was selling leopard kush for like 1200 a pack of cbay. Leopard kush according to him was northern lights crossed to og. He put out a bunch of kush genetics early on before getting locked up for life, had bunch of beef with swerve, contraversy around this strain sense the day it hit the West coast.

5 Likes

I will never be unable to unsee this :joy:

4 Likes

Hmm, sounds like Bubba would be a good one to start with, plus is possibly available locally. Plus I like NL so can’t go wrong there.

1 Like

One of the few reasons I wish was in CA, but nope, I’m East coast up in Maine. I have access to clones labeled as master kush, no idea how to go about verification. But if your not into shipping then that’s moot anyway. I have a trade lined up, maybe just compare notes and pics to yours. Short of sending you a cut to grow out to compare, how else would I verify?

It can be hard to verify things threw pictures but the ghost does have a more upright pole like growth structure

1 Like

Well based on what I’ve gathered, my taller Ghost Town pheno seems to taste very similar to 92 or sfv. Sour hash oil fuel straight out the 90s funk. I love it. 44g lightly seeded in 1gal coco under LED. Definitely a keeper.

The shorter one still drying but definitely has more fruit to it. Not really lemony though at this point. Still looking forward to that first taste!

3 Likes

We’re did you find a description for 92og or have you smoked that plant , or did I give a description and forget lol

2 Likes

You gave the descriptions of sour hash oil funk for 92 and sfv I believe, and you said the ghost has a bit of sour lemon on top that sets it apart, unless I’m remembering wrong.

The taller pheno is curing beautifully and the smell & taste definitely takes me back to that special 90s kind bud back in the Redwoods!

1 Like

Yeah the ghost is alot less strong of a smell then the sfv but they are both a very oily gas musk type smell, the hints if lemon seem to have gone away. The 92 is very similar but also puts off smells of puppy breath and candy which is hard to explain but it’s the loudest of them all.

1 Like

You can’t tell by my post and pics now, but I’m almost dailed in. But cotton mouth kings got some of the weed I grew back in '05 and '06 from Easy Jesus Coe, sent me a plane ticket to Cali so I could show them how to grow, cause mine blew theirs. Straight up. . afro man and several other headliners where smoking my weed,bubblegum and ak and RKS( I’m guessing RKS cause clone no name gifted) pro ball players and some UFC fighters too. I wasn’t doing much diff . than what I see many doing here. Guess I was just dailed in like a mother fucker. Word spread after 2 years of growing ,then I was nation wide.

5 Likes

Yeah alot of people dident have indoor dialed in back then like some of us. I got bubba clones back then around 2004 for free as long as I reported back on all the details of the grow. They were all shocked to hear I was using a modified Lucas formula that involved cutting the nitrogen off at the end and said it was some if the best indoor bubba kush they had seen. Also could have had to do with the elevation difference and a whole range of things.

3 Likes

That’s part if why of kush was so popular and became so famous , not alot of people were doing good indoor yet and they had a good strain that they had dialed in and we’re rocking in hydro. People forget how rare good hydroponic was pre 2005

5 Likes

I talked to the pitcher from a pro team last year in jail. I used to sell to and asked him, found any weed as good as mine since I seen you last(12 year shutdown) he said some wax was almost as good. I built the grow room. Stayed 71° all the time, fish tank water, envy and b, guano, superthrive, and what put me out there was when I added raw honey to the bubbles. You would not believe the stories I can tell. FUCKING hard for me to believe, and I was there. The people I met. The love I got, the ego I got, the other drugs that came with that life, followed by the downfall which outwieghs the glory of the rise up by tons. Then the total shutdown, a walk away, leaving everything behind, not looking back, going straight, sober for 12 years. I learned way more than how to grow. Most important than even more than patients, how not to grow. That’s how I’m growing now, the how not to grow way. I think I’m about 85-90% dailed in. It’s really what happens after the bud hits the jar. That will make or break ya. You wouldn’t believe what really good weed does to people, we’ve all ran across crack fiens and meth fiens, but all my so called friends turned to weed fiens. And that ain’t no better then the other fiend. A fine is a fine. And I was their King. King Fien should be my username

5 Likes