Looking for chocolate thai

I honestly think the only real sauce of Thai online is from Zomia Seeds Collective choc Thai dose not have brad leaf like a indica.

4 Likes

10 Likes

oldschoolba has thinleaved thai68. niceo

snowhighs red thai, and his recent choc thai, look bouth good.
i pretty much think snowhigh sprouts original 80s chocthai at times
its just few people growing them.

also pivate folks stuff … there is plenty of decent 80s thai around no?

or do you mean the flavour?

2 Likes

also, old line are often a bit inbreedingdepressed by now… thats not cool,
modern collections lack depth… not cool-

if one just wants that hard hitting stuff, why not cross a modern collection x a 80s collection . the nondepressed modern line will make it apperant, hitting and such… and the old line will give it deep power. (not what i personally would do, but some/most folks would profit from trying that)

I haven’t seen Snow highs pure Thai lines mate but that hybrid posted here i think it is looks more like an indica than any Thai i grew or saw.

A lot of people still grow Thai here and i am sure in other parts that originate from seed collected in the 70s possibly before Thai was valued for its quality long before forums or community’s like this existed.

Inbreedingdepressed ?

How did you come up with that conclusion Thais were true breeding long ago as were many other land Race / Heirloom variety’s.

The same people that claim this also make S1 seed now thats as extream as it gets when we are talking inbreeding.

3 Likes

I have also grown some of these, and the structure of yours is spot on for what I got.

But one of mine smelled like burnt gear oil, truly foul. That plant was really rushy, shaky high energy. My wife called it the “smoked crack” plant.

2 Likes

thats what im saying, go figure

If your after a hybrid that can have a Thai affect then my suggestion would be Kali mist been done long ago. I found a 96 KM that smoked just like Thai to be honest it really shocked me how good it was not sure what the current KM is like but it has changed a few times since then.

6 Likes

yep, i had similar experience . i grown 10 strains , kalimist x modern collected cambodian gave me more visuals than the other 10 strains or so. but i disliked the hybrid feel of KM-

saw an angel on it kindof., just transparent, but for hours… quiet special-

more visual than snowhighs vb.

1 Like

Agreed about the high, I made hash with it and it was like being on a roller coaster The Scream Machine if you have ever been to Great Adventure. Hold on tight :joy:

D

4 Likes

I didn’t expect much from the KM to be honest i knew it had a good rep online but wow was i in for a surprise.

Not only did it shock me but it also surprised my close friends what more can you want from a hybrid fast flowering easy trim and a high that is just like a good Thai.

5 Likes

Early days on some Chocolate Dragon from @CHZA.BLVCK

The cross uses Chocolate Thai (From Snow high) x Golden Dragon which is made up of (Khmer Gold x Highland Thai)
Looking forward to seeing how these turn out.

17 Likes

Man your making me want to start mine. Keep us update with this one please. I will not have space in till the new year to start mine.

3 Likes

DJ Short in Eugene, Oregon, in November 1979, holding a Chocolate Thai marijuana plant.

Courtesy of DJ Short

19 Likes

“collectible seeds” made me think for a short moment …
and yes, i do have something related in my stash, cool :slight_smile:

just bumped into a pack that reads “cat piss x chocolate thai” from
collectible seeds,

… taking a seat to make sure i am not dreaming haha, such a nice find.

(i definetly need to dive into my stash more often, lol.)

11 Likes

That has to be the smallest Thai plant in flower i have ever seen.

5 Likes

Here’s my current Golden Tiger Thai Dominant 3rd version from Ace Seeds. Has a spicy & peanut sauce aroma and is 13 feet tall at the moment. She’s the tallest plant I grew.

32 Likes

I am guessing that plants taller than 13 ft if thats you under it Azure nice job.

6 Likes

Looks 15ft+ to me.

5 Likes

I used a tape measure in late August and it read 13 feet. I’ll have to remeasure it and get a new reading! :slight_smile:

5 Likes