Looking to replace Mars Hydro LED

Following the discussion from: SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements

Man… I wish I knew how to build stuff like this. I would be using a cheaper company than yours… no offense, but those drivers and lights can be found cheaper and I’m on a budget.
I’m scared that I would burn my house down. Very cool lights. MUCH better than my crappy mars light.
Just wondering - how long will one of your nodes last? More than one run?
Below is @Zoey light. One grow with bagseed and I got a defective unit. I can now see the plus side of making My own light.
I wouldn’t have to deal with shitty customer support from companies like Mars. (Just saying)

2 Likes

These things should last YEARS before they fail. The problem with units like yours is they try to run the diodes at maximum output (or as high as they can) and their heat sinks and fans aren’t usually up to the job.

DIY and you can go completely passive and run them at a current that will keep them cool and extend their output.

5 Likes

That’s kinda what I figured. They built me a piece of shit. I’m wondering if yours are any worse or actually built tough.

1 Like

This is what I’m running. I have another light, but it’s half the size and I don’t know what one to use for this coming full auto grow. I figured just use the mars until all the nodes die. I doubt I would buy one of yours, due to your treatment with other members on this thread. But good luck to anyone that buys

You might be lucky. As the diodes blow one by one the load on the heatsink will drop and bring the temp of the other diodes down. The death rate may slow as more of them die. :smiley:

If it has a fan in the light unit you might want to check it is still working.

2 Likes

this mod edits any negative questions about light. Very suspicious.

1 Like

edited as off-topic to the discussion as forked by the moderator.

5 Likes

We sell fully assembled lamps as well. Check out the SolSheet O with our 200w Mean Well dimmable driver (HLG-150H-24A). Perfect for your 2x2.

2 Likes

Actually, the death rate will accelerate as more voltage is sent to the remaining diodes, causing them to burn out as well in a chain reaction. I’d start shopping for a new light from a more reputable manufacturer.

1 Like

Due to editing Grease monkeys advice. I will not be buying your lighting.

2 Likes

Sounds great! I am looking into it now. Do they have any troubles when dimming? I usually dim by controlling the amperage on the driver.
Thanks.

1 Like

So it would be ok with you if other people post their grow logs in your grow thread?
I hate to say it, but @Baudelaire has a good point in asking others not to post conversations about other LED lights in his Sponsor thread… there are better places for that here… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ummmm I wouldn’t mind someone posting a photo of their plant to show me the competition. :man_facepalming:t2:

Plus the topic came up in this thread. So it’s the best place to talk about it. Why make another thread about what was brought up in here?

Either way. If you’re gonna censor a topic. Your hiding something…

Peace out :v:. Happy New Year MichiGreen

1 Like

That may all be true…

but somehow it reminds me of a bunch of guys driving Ford vehicles pulling into a Chevy dealership and hanging out talking about how great their Ford cars have been for them. Surely a good topic, but maybe the Ford dealership would have been a better place?

lol That’s comparing tuna fish to lobster bro. Have a good day. Lol :joy:

I agree… I’m a Chevy guy… :smile:

2 Likes

Chevy all the way!

That’s one thing we can agree on. The OP acting like North Korea is something we shall just chalk up as We agree to disagree. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s funny!
It looks more like a trailer for a motorcycle or a Miata!
:smile:

@BudSy all of our SolSheets are available with Mean Well dimmable drivers. They offer built-in amperage potentiometers.

1 Like

Dude. Seriously you need a hug.