Looking to replace Mars Hydro LED

Let’s hug :hugs: it out.

I know I won’t be buying your lighting due to how you treated me and a few others here.  I wish anyone luck with this company and also wish the mod a happy new year and hopefully you can relax a bit.

I guess a hug is out of the question? Dam. Don’t hold a grudge bro. It’s bad for your insides

1 Like

So no hugging it out bro? Seriously why be rude? I have lots to ask about these Lights but you are being very rude by deleting my apology.

So no hugging it out bro? Seriously why be rude? I have lots to ask about these Lights but you are being very rude by deleting my apology.

I have splitted the discussion from @Baudelaire’s promotional topic and reverted (hopefully all) edits so you can discuss freely this topic.

SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements is a topic in #sponsored category and as a such it is self-moderated by its creator. Usually OP (Sponsor) has to turn to our staff with request to moderate any incident and staff decides how to proceed (deleting the post or splitting it into separate topic). Editing posts is the least preferred approach. In this case @Baudelaire had historically Leader’s privileges so he applied them on his own.

Sponsored topics are marked by this disclaimer in original post.

This is official sponsor’s topic and it is self-moderated. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
If you are not happy with reaction of a Sponsor just start a new topic outside of #sponsored category to continue with discussion.

Thank you for understanding.

9 Likes

@Baudelaire how’s your day going my friend?

Hey look - monkey! Joe hooked us up with our own thread and he has undeleted everything we said. :smiley:

Hey @Baudelaire are you a ford guy? Or a Chevy guy? I’m guessing ford.

Thread is back! My Chevy will kick your chevys ass lol

Haha, I’ve had both. I love American muscle cars. Next will likely be a dodge. :wink:

As far as SolStrips, they are decent if you are in the US, but shipping and tariffs make them very expensive for anyone outside the US. I have dozens of strips and will be using them in my upcoming workshop rebuild. They work well and their modular design makes them easy to DIY.

You can get very similar results with quantum boards from HLG. They are the same LED chips in a different form factor.
In fact if you are running those 2x2 tents, they may be a better fit, physically, since they are square.

8 Likes

Unfortunately, @Baudelaire did not read through the posts that he censored or he would have seen that I was actually defending his right to keep his thread on point… in spite of the automotive analogy.
Instead he chose to chastise and threaten me with TOS violations if I commented further.
I wouldn’t have expected gratitude in response, but definitely not hostility. (WTF)

Bad form! :smiling_imp:
Much simpler if we all just avoid his threads in the future to avoid upsetting him…

4 Likes

Now I woud not be The Stigster if I did not LOL

5 Likes

OH and not to derail the thread with the funny pics above
My Mars 1600 had diodes burn out just like Da Dogs light did, I talked with the Mars Rep here and I was told come back around the holidays and they would hook me up with a 10% off coupon or code towards a new light
I only used the light for one grow also, Buyer Beware.
Light cost me over 500 dollars

4 Likes

This is what I was told.

“ Hi friend,

Thank you for your reply. By checking, you didn’t buy light from authorized Ebay store, we could not offer warranty for you. You could ask help from the original seller. Hope you could understand.”

Unbelievable…
@Zoey

My take on this is if it’s made by mars hydro who gives a flying f…k where it was sold ! What’s the difference it’s still a pig with lipstick :lipstick: Or should I say a lemon dressed as a orange . Warranty is warranty to me it sounds like a easy out to get out of having to replace it !

@Zoey what happened to your balls ? dig them out of your purse and make good on your advertising should replace them no questions asked .
Myself and I’m sure I’m not alone this sort of bull shit does nothing for mars hydro reputation of standing behind there products !

Also original post should be edited to help me replace my mars hydro JUNK

500 dollars for a light that made one grow then burnt out leds if it’s got your name ,model number and more than likely a date of manufacture on it what’s the problem?

Maybe someone should start a class action suit against mars hydro wonder how many thousands of light issues would surface then ?

8 Likes

That’s what I’m saying!!

This.

The response is similar to the bullshit easy-out “it’s policy” response.

So I looked for the list of “authorized” resellers in their warranty. Guess what, it doesn’t exist. For that matter, the warranty says nothing about “authorized” resellers at all.

They do say,

We follow strict development guidelines and quality standards and we fully stand behind our products.

Which, I’m guessing doesn’t apply to the several flawed designs they’ve sold and continue to sell. The “hope you could understand” is priceless.

It does say the following though,

Warranty coverage is ultimately left to the discretion of Mars Hydro. We reserve the right to refuse warranty repair or replacement service to anyone.

Which makes their limited warranty basically a collection of useless words.

9 Likes

I’m no fan of Mars but on this I disagree. Every company does this, not just them. You cannot buy a TV was an unauthorized retailer and expect warranty service from the manufacturer, it simply won’t happen. There is no way for them to prove that the light wasn’t a knockoff, modified, refurbished, etc.

Fault them on their product quality where you should, but @DatDamDog bought an already cheap light, from an unauthorized reseller on Ebay (of all places) and now you’re expecting them to warranty it. Unbelievable is right.

Thanks @LemonadeJoe and rest for the way you managed this thread. This freedom of speech is rare to find in other forums, people can reasonably argue but everything is under control and no one trespasses the rational limits of courtesy and respect, cheers for that …

7 Likes

My point is - the unit is defective - it’s not the sellers fault. Mars even knows about this very issue since it’s happened to a lot of customers. Not just me.
They should be at fault considering it’s not only my unit with the same issue. Either way. I have a feeling that my future is going to be a lot brighter- very soon :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Actually yes, it is the sellers fault. That’s the nature of Ebay.

I highly suspect that Mars offloaded a bunch of defective units in bulk to someone. That person is now selling them on Ebay, passing them off as new units able to be warrantied. You got had, and Mars is not at fault nor are they liable to warranty the product.

2 Likes

I highly suspect that @Zoey is a sham and I don’t even care anymore. It is what it is. Like I said, I’m moving onto something greater thanks to the Overgrown community. If people are smart. They will stay away from this company. BTW - checked out your grows. that hydro setup that you are building is awesome! Looks like you put a lot of effort into making that. nice job!

2 Likes