Lophophora's spare bathroom

Awww man, I am really sorry to hear that brother. I hate thieves!!!

Those pictures look amazing though :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

The Aftermath

They even left their scissors behind.

Waste not, want not.

But alas, you have all stolen a place in my heart…

11 Likes

very nice agriculture gpas goona make my pgTips England :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 blacktea in my stainless steel cup goona stay ontopic.

1 Like

That is horrible they took yours.

2 Likes

Been a wild week or two, I feel like the bathroom hasn’t received the attention it deserves. Though I may have forgotten to post updates, I have not forgotten to water the plants. Incidentally I also discovered that my spare bathroom is the only flood-proof room in the basement, so I guess that’s a blessing.

The LSD is looking a bit worse for wear on some of the upper leaves, ravaged by either deficiency, the last week of record setting relative humidity, light intensity, or maybe all three. On the bright side the ravaged condition only appears to have afflicted the uppermost leaves, the foliage underneath is green beyond all expectations. I’m still confident I will get some buds from this fragrant little bush.

The peyote cookies on the left is coming along swimmingly. The lighting and camera settings do no justice to it’s rich emerald hues. It may appear a little spindly in the photo but those big fan leaves obfuscate the thick bushy build lower down the stem. I thought the plant would maintain the squat demeanor she posessed all through the vegetative phase, but as soon as she got under the bright lights she startd to reach.

This grow has been for the most part water, though I did topdress with some kelp meal and Gaia Green 4-4-4 in the first week or two of flower. What appears to be doing wonders for one plant leaves me wondering what to do for the other.

PS- please disgregard any unsightly bathtub rings. Thank you

12 Likes

This is a hijacking. Everyone be cool.

With the weather turning foul, all signs pointed to “go harvest right now”. I’m certain I’m not the only one to hear this call. Behold my modest harvest.

This was my first time washing a harvest. Given all the iridescent nonsense floating atop the water and the cloudy appearance of the contents of the wash bucket, I’m glad I decided to wash. I washed first with hydrogen peroxide then rinsed with water, and none too gently either.

After a battle with powdery mildew I had very low expectations for this outdoor harvest. I’m likely going to turn all of this into a topical rub. Life is too short to smoke questionable weed.

11 Likes

Oops

Great news, in the last six days the Peyote Cookies grew 10 inches! Alright- it was more like 25 centimetres. It’s an impressive growth rate all the same.

Imagine my surprise when the lights came on this evening and I see that she had grown right through the light. Eager to remedy this situation I thought I would try to induce a little lean and tie down the main cola below the light. Situation remedied.

This is either an inadvertant foray into supercropping, or I just decapitated the healthiest looking plant to ever grace this bathroom. I decided to quit touching anything before I can make anything worse, this is how I left her:

Today is day 18 of flowering. I’m not really accustomed to inflicting this kind of abuse on plants. Mine is usually more of the psychological or emotional variety that comes with being locked in a dark bathroom twelve hours every day.

At any rate

What else should I do, nothing? Is the main cola done for?

7 Likes

Naw, she’s looking ok cuz! I’ve bent em over a lot worse and they come back ok. She’ll be looking for the lights again in no time.
If she does start to sag a bit, you can just prop her up until she heals better. Then no worries for sure.

3 Likes

True words

:sunglasses: :call_me_hand:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Been there done that! Good job!

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

So much askew about nothing

Fortunately it turns out that doing nothing was an excellent decision. The next morning I woke up feeling refreshed, and checked OG over tea. After reading the replies I ventured to the bathroom to reassure my girl.

I whispered to her softly “Don’t worry baby, @JohnnyPotseed says-”

She snapped to attention just like that, unbelievable! Almost took out my eye. I had to break her back over to finish my sentence.

“Everything is going to be allllll right.”

Imbued with a new sense of hopeful optimism her leaves and colas turned to the light, and all was well.

I appreciate all the support, all my concerns have been put to rest.

What else you got?

If my wife only knew how many girls I have on the side… How could I forget about the LSD from Barney’s Farm? I feel just awful every time I look at her and see all these ravaged leaves.

I’m starting to think most of the problems in the garden stem from my actions. I’m even starting to think this phenomenon extends to more than just my garden, but there’s no sense in playing the blame game.

This girl is starting to stack up. The buds are nice and sticky and smell like grape candy. She may not look like much now, but then I remembered she has another five weeks to put some more junk in the trunk. I don’t think there will be any envy-inducing colas from this harvest, but there should be some modest colitas to enjoy.

Whatever I did wrong it’s much less noticable after some defoliation. A handful of worms from the garden have also agreed to keep her company in exchange for shelter from the recent rain. It must be working as all the new growth is lush and beautiful. I don’t call her for a few days and her mood instantly picks up, go figure.

16 Likes

lol A bit dramatic… but glad she did like I thought cuz! Her and the rest of ‘your ladies on the side’ all look great!

4 Likes

Good to see the @JohnnyPotseed pep talk worked! :laughing:

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

I like when there’s lots of junk in the trunk you all know I attract big girls.image
Room for a couple 3 bodies in there.

5 Likes

er… we ARE talking MJ, right? lol

6 Likes

@lophophora.ca I just wanted to show you a couple that I bent ‘too much’ but they still went the full course cuz. Like i told you lol I’ve done a lot worse than that!

13 Likes

I noticed that the stem really fattened up immediately following the bend. My first thought was “you lose your gym membership or something, baby?”, but I held my tongue when I noticed her main cola has doubled in height. So she’s a curvy girl, I say let her pack on the pounds.

All in all, best mistake in the garden yet.

13 Likes

That bend is perfect bro, should form a big fat knuckle for you in the coming weeks. Nice work. Getting frosty already too :star_struck:

6 Likes

That’s the Peyote Cookies x Shaman? It’s looking great in that spare bathroom. Really glad I sent you those.

3 Likes

@Oldtimerunderground, that makes two of us… Thank you! Yes, the very same.

Guess I’ve been sweating the small stuff, here she is day 22 of flower.

I think I’ve been spoiled by her lustrous emerald hues, luscious eleven bladed fan leaves, and intoxicating aroma.

What’s worse is that I’m using the exact same soil for her as all the rest of my plants, and she is flourishing unlike any other. Yes, I have been spoiled.

15 Likes