Lophophora's spare bathroom

I was thinking about it yesterday…

They certainly didn’t deserve the seeds - and now they don’t have them…
Hopefully, whomever purchased them will eventually find their way here and figure out what’s what.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Scumbag move. I wonder what they were listed for…

2 Likes

Thank you again @Slick1 for an awesome giveaway.

Imagine abusing the privilege of the Tester sign up list to steal something that was already being given away freely. That’s deplorable.

Perhaps this event will inspire more enterprising growers to step up and show off this ridiculously named cultivar, or failing that manage to make an easy buck on IG.

I can only hope the recipients of the seeds have the fortitude to let these girls grow for as long as possible. I definitely thought these were done at 8 or 9 weeks, and they looked ready too, but at that point their aroma had only just started to mature.

Can you believe I spent an inordinate amount of time uploading all of my pictures only to have them scrambled by grid view? I probably should have broken them up by month for clarity.

6 Likes

Not sure but I wouldn’t put it past him. He was operating his own account, the Nikki Haas account and possibly the third (that got banned on the same day) that signed up as testers for my CF beans.

Thanks for throwing them in soil right away and updating me on them along the way! The hurtful things you would say to me at the end of the update DMs was a bit much but it was worth it! :laughing:

6 Likes

Crazy with only one account I can’t grow them fast enough . Lol

7 Likes

True words. lol

4 Likes

That is true but it’s harder to keep up with off site sales if you don’t have multiple accounts to swindle beans from folks. You really want multiple packs of strains if you are selling. I wish for all those who do such things to catch a bad case of spider mites and I don’t mean on their plants.

8 Likes

How do we even know this is the REAL @DougDawson ???

8 Likes

LOL, who the hell would want to pretend to be me :crazy_face:

11 Likes

:raised_hand:

7 Likes

If you don’t want people making fun of your chainmail fuckvest, you shouldn’t send unsolicited pictures of you wearing such a garment.

Wow, I really opened a can of worms with this one. Sorry to get you all riled up, but it’s nice to finally have you grace my spare bathroom.

6 Likes

LOL, happy to be here bud and not riled up at all. The best thing about stories like this is they were found out and are now gone from OG. I remember the mods knocking out a few sock accounts on the veterans giveaway I helped with and that one pissed me off a bit but I think that is just because they were stealing from veterans. I really should comment more on the threads I visit, sorry bud, I will try to do better :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Wow I could of read this update as if it was the morning paper !

Awesome job brother

A++ on the report

5 Likes

I feel as though I’ve lost my way. I’ve been force feeding you pictures of plants and personal anecdotes this whole time, when the thread is clearly titled “Lophophora’s spare Bathroom”.

Have we ever really stopped to just witness the bathroom with out all the cheap showiness of horticulture? I’ll admit, it was all just a cheap gimmick to build an audience.

Have a gander at this tilework. It’s like a window into a forgotten era.

Are you quite done?

On the contrary, I’ve only just begun.

No sooner than I get the tub scrubbed and cleaned, I manage to spill a bunch of dirt in the basin while moving the Black Snow into the tub.

This time around I’m keeping the pots above the tub instead of in the tub. This way the plants should stay a bit warmer when the lights are off, and it is also way easier on my back and knees when tending to the garden.

The lights are still on 16/8, or maybe 18/6, but definitely not yet on 12/12.

To celebrate moving into their new home all of the pots were top dressed with malted barley powder.

I’m wondering if I should try to find a new fan, as this oscillating tower really beats up on the closest plants. It’s hard to take a still photo of the wind, but the air movement is readily apparent in person. Too much circulation is probably better than none at all.

17 Likes

In my shower tiles there’s a particular tile that repeats where the grain forms an image that either looks like a nun with a mustache or Saddam Hussein wearing a sweatband.

3 Likes

The only responsible thing to do is tear down the whole bathroom to find the WMDs he’s hiding. Your landlord won’t mind, it’s for a good cause. :wink:

3 Likes

But what if I’m mistaken and it is a nun with a mustache? Then I’d be sacrilegious and transphobic :thinking:

3 Likes

National security don’t care about these things! Blow them up and fake apologize later(and laugh about it privately)

3 Likes

Do we have any proof that Saddam Hussein didn’t escape Iraq, and doesn’t currently identify as a nun with a mustache?

3 Likes

I’m more worried about my security deposit than national security!

Shit you do have a point. Like how Hitler escaped to Argentina and disguised himself as a cabaret dancer named Petra Dish.

6 Likes