Lots of love in the Longhouse

Hey thank you! @Butterthief1959
Welcome to the Longhouse!
I’m just trying not to kill ‘em all! :rofl:. I really appreciate your kind words! Thanks for stopping by. You’re welcome anytime! :facepunch:t3::fist:t3::vulcan_salute:t3:

2 Likes

?? Hard shell? What’s up, brother?
Pardon the slight hijack, NDNCHILD had to ask about this

1 Like

I dunno brother. I generally gravitate towards people with some sense of humor.:joy:

2 Likes

I was thinking that one might simply be tougher to crack. Only was sprouting one of that strain. Figured she was just a tougher nut. All the others are going gangbusters. I’m super excited about the genetics.

2 Likes

My first attempt at Walkin-Stein the bean didn’t do any thing for like 21/2 weeks. When I transplanted the others I dig the seed up. She looked just fine. Being curious I crushed it. Looked viable to me but the shell seemed hard and thick. The one I have growing now was shot #2 I soaked for 24 hours in water and h2O2 a tail popped no problemo. Right into soil no paper towel. Popped up in another 24 and has been rocking and healthy thus far. :+1:t3:

3 Likes

What method did you try? I’ve never heard of anyone having a problem germinating her.

This is my ‘tried-n-true’ method, but there is more in that thread about ‘tough shells’

edit… roughing outer shell, trimming rim, soaking, cracking, etc

2 Likes

I’ve honestly had issues with 2 other strains recently. Neither was from you @JohnnyPotseed . Haven’t had this much trouble germinating ever. However a second go with the same soak mentioned above and they too are just fine. Man… don’t ask me!

1 Like

Worm castings, it was my first time doing it that way.hey, I only tried one of the Walken-stein. I’ll circle back on her, (small space)

2 Likes

Even if I only want 1, I’ll drop 2-3 and cull the weaker, if need be, to end up with a good one.

2 Likes

I actually don’t think it’s so much of a problem as it’s probably better genetics and stronger seeds. All I had minor issues with have not been “store” bought rather bred with purpose and care and allowed to fully mature. No quick turnaround for the buck!

2 Likes

lol it’s just that I hate to hear even ONE bean didn’t perform!

2 Likes

Nah! I believe they would have. They were just beans that a chipmunk woulda broke a tooth on, given up then the bean went on to produce a tree 2 seasons later after being buried in a foot of forest debris! :joy:

2 Likes

OK, (whew) so it wasn’t one of mine then.
But, that still leaves @Butterthief1959 non-performance…

1 Like

Also @JohnnyPotseed the Blue Mummy is up and rocking! She’s gonna be a fast mover! :fire:

1 Like

No issues here. 100% satisfaction, for sure. Just was noting a similar one-off. ( and, also, didn’t mean to step on thread here)

2 Likes

Yep, the King Tut I had for many years as clone only and crosses. Very hardy n sturdy plant. I got her because with over 30%THC, i thought she’d make a good cross with Frankiie… and she did! lol Frankenstein’s Bride

2 Likes

Step on it hell! Y’all are making my evening. This ain’t just a grow thread it’s my home here! Y’all are always welcome to sit around and shoot the shit! Even if I’m not home! That’s what all the chairs and hammocks are for! Enjoy the fire! My thread is your thread’ :facepunch:t3::fist:t3::vulcan_salute:t3:

4 Likes

Isn’t there some Blue Dream in there too? Some don’t care for it but it’s one of my favorites!

1 Like

I crossed FB with several
FC x Blue Cookies
FC x PPP
FC x Red Cherry Berry
FC x DBHP ( DragonBlood Hash Plant)

2 Likes

Ohh Red Cherry Berry! That sounds bright and fruity!

2 Likes