Lots of love in the Longhouse

I chose dry ice. It’s soooo much easier and the quality is killer. I just do multiple bags. You get soooo much. Make butter/cooking oil and stuff with the higher micron bags. Also, bubble is tough when it’s hot and humid. It was always best when you could use someone’s walk-in at their restaurant/pizza place/or whatever. Now I’m older and not doing all of that, so I can just shake some dry ice hash whenever right in my living room.

3 Likes

I found that using multi bags, which gives different grades… not the best way for us. We’d always end up smoking the best first, then working our way down through the grades. Also now that we’ve had and use this heat press for the last couple years, we run em all into one. So it’s all consistent quality, from first to last load. It has to be some serious stuff, for me to think about separating, lol But, we do that also now n then.
So we usually do the 220mic work bag only

3 Likes

Whatever works best for everyone. I like the real nice stuff for smoking and then the rest for cooking or giving away. The 220 will give you loads of material to work with. I’d probably press 60-120 or something like that and use the rest for cooking. It’s soooo much easier than bubble either way. Constantly reminded I need a press on this place too. Haha

1 Like

I don’t do edible in any form. So this works best for us

2 Likes

If I just used a 220 bag and hashed that for my smoke I would only need to grow once every couple years or something. You get a lot. Haha It’s fun to watch it all rain down.

1 Like

I really think I’ll be going the dry ice method. I may separate with different bags. I do like the idea of a higher quality for smoke, then use the rest elsewhere. Edibles work for me but it’s way different. I don’t so much get a buzz but relaxed and sleepy. I have however found in low doses usually in the morning or whenever my crazy ass wakes up it’s like Xanax or something. I have a nice even keel all day and can still smoke without an immediate nap time! :grin:

2 Likes

When I gift any, I give the same as we smoke. Not lesser

2 Likes

Exactly! I love edibles, but dosing them can be tough if you’re lazy. Haha A little will do just like you said and too much makes your eyes way too heavy to keep open. Make you do the grandma thing and have to tell people you’re just resting your eyes, not sleeping.

3 Likes

Will dry ice ruin the bubble bags? Like the upper solid part.

1 Like

Not in the least

2 Likes

Cool , I’m gonna give it a try

1 Like

We’ve been using the same set of bags for 20+ yrs lol They’re old/soft but still work
Did bubble hash for 9-10 then switched to Dry ice for the past 11-12 yurs

3 Likes

Holy shit! We had to replace ours after 8 . Nice!

3 Likes

Seems a whole set of bags is fairly cheap. I’d say 8 years is a pretty good run in itself! :facepunch:t3: JP is just magic or something! :joy:

1 Like

Not at all lol we just clean & dry thoroughly after each use

2 Likes

How do you clean? Are any solvents needed? Does just hot water work?

2 Likes

We cleaned , and hung faithfully after each for no cross contamination of strains etc. Ya she was also running them full time when we weren’t so it makes sense…. Long story but her, those bags and all my equipment are LONG GONE!

1 Like

Just a cold water wash for us, used the jet hose tips though

1 Like

We used em 2-3 times a year is plenty. Save up all trim/larf, popcorn buds, and run it when in need

1 Like

Ahhh There’s the difference, ours were ran many times a month, and in the fall for a month straight.

1 Like