Loud (road-kill) skunk

Please let us all know a smell report from Mr nice :slight_smile:

What cutting do you have?

I forgot to mention I think that my rock-star kush bx2 one of my students selected over the winter , 1 clone will reek up a whole car like road-kill.

med-man

10 Likes

That’s dope you have a skunk protecting the property. And you named her haha.

Let’s hope she blows a load somewhere down wind so in a week your nose will take you back to the good old days :grinning:

mm

2 Likes

Oh my nose does ok in the garden…
dc2e3b68bc68077ab634af77f2503b21602210a7_2_375x500 e108711c9a1ee78501b396c850e0c0711927df3e_2_375x500 493e01a424b9b9775421f0e6e93616968472ac6c_2_375x500 a8fc3372a78e1bf2bb35dd3a712e22a2bf2ac003_2_375x500 3649cb8b0c84425d7ba3ab569686f642981e3d8e_2_375x500 e6d9b3eafb210982f3568039e20d2c83d02cdbeb_2_500x500

21 Likes

I don’t understand all the fuss over rks. Yes it stunk , but I didn’t find it especially good , didn’t think high was anything special .

5 Likes

The best way for me to describe it would be
The smell you get after you put a joint or El out. Mix that with extreme armpit odor, garlic, onions, Natural gas/Kerosene/Gasoline. As mentioned before fresh skunk spray is eye burning and extremely nauseating. I’m describe the smell of the spray of a live Skunk not the artificial spray or weed plants

3 Likes

Certain brands of cheap American beer in clear glass can be left in a window sill for a day and will smell like straight 3-methyl-2-butene-1-thiol. This is the center of the skunk spectrum, which isn’t a linear line, but shoots spokes out.

Toasted sesame seed will contain 321MBT, plus that kind of cheese biscuit savory smell. High end (Kevala) toasted sesame oil will smell skunky before you open the package. When it’s old all you smell is a nutty smell.

You can smell skunk in breaded chicken seasoning. It’s the smell that hits you first when opening the bag, then you never smell it again.

Not all skunks smell the same. Not everyone can smell a skunk. My daughter can’t smell skunk but I can tell you how old the animal is, how obese the animal is, what it’s diet is, how often it sprays, how long it’s hair is, whether it was scared or just being mean, etc.

The skunk I’m smelling at this very moment is the “someone’s burning trash they shouldn’t be, chunks of tin foil and half burnt rubbish in a greasy black hand staining creosote chimney sweepings got rained on before the fire fully consumed it” skunk.

Some skunks smell like top fuel NHRA burnout. Not rare nor desirable in Cannabis.

Some skunks smell like rancid forbidden lemon peanut butter oil. Peanut smells come from OG Kush that’s been fed incorrectly, by the time they turn lemony the peanut smell goes away. OG never smells like skunk, Chemdawg clones never smell like skunk, no matter how sulfury. But I’ve crossed them together and got plants that smell like skunk. And garlic. Garlic is very close to skunk.

The best skunks smell like, unburnt, and sour. Not citrus but something you would imagine pair’s well with lemon (not orange not grapefruit). Lemons at one time contained 321MBT, before commercial breeding. Grapefruit contains other thiols, namely grapefruit mercaptan. I’m not sure what Orange contains but it does not smell like levolimonene as people claim.

Many melting plastics smell like artificial skunk to various degree. I could tell which nylon straps were being cut in the factory I worked at, as the thicker less plastic ones smelled alot like skunk.

Skunk smells nothing like rotten eggs, nothing like a gas leak, nothing like cheese, nothing like farts. One of my skunks has a low tide smell, but they are two different smells.

You can thank numeric science for claiming all these things smell the same. In 100 years they are going to say 99% of Cannabis smelled like mangos in 2023 due to the garbage propaganda level “science” being done, testing cannabis for myrcene when it smells like armpits and feet, then attributing that smell to myrcene when you smell zero myrcene and tons of carboxylic acids.

Skunk #1 is not Skunk. Skunkman never had Skunk. Skunkman is the exact opposite of the hero some kids make him out to be. He needs to answer 2 questions and two questions only: Why was he given that name while claiming to dislike the skunk profile, and who told him how to grow under form 225. Peace loving hippies usually aren’t familiar with DEA paperwork. I find it odd that form 225 was taken off the DEA website after I introduced it to ISpymag. I also find it odd my username DEA_Seedbank was banned before making a single post.

Tons of Cannabis has skunk in it. Many skunky plants smell like skunk under 275-300nm, remove uv and they smell like deepfriers. This should be a dead giveaway that skunk derives from lipid oxidation (not thiol oxidation). The same pathway leading to skunk is responsible for the grass smell. I don’t think people are really familiar with the grass smell. You hear people refer to hay alot, but try finding some bud with that overwhelming grass aroma. It still tastes good even though the smell is ruined, which is a whole different story regarding taste and the lie that it comes from scent molecules. People are so out of touch these days. Everything is called gas that never smells of fuel. People call stuff they throw away “mids” instead of trash. The word dank has no meaning either. People claim Catpiss smells like ammonia urea or windex, when Catpiss thiols smell like white Spruce, boxwood, black currant, etc. Indicators that most people can’t tell a damned thing with their nose,and just repeat nonsense trying to fit in and be cool. Nazis, essentially. Evil wasn’t a Hitler problem, inability to think was a Nazi problem.

Skunk is in chem genetics once you get rid of the background noise you’ll be left with garlic and skunk. In less than a year you can have skunk from chems. Stop picking the ones with pest repellant terps. Thiols are not recessive to Cannabis. All good cannabis smells like thiols and carboxylic acid esters that attract pollenators and true potheads. Fruity cannabis, candy cannabis, funky cannabis, none of these flavors come from cannabis lab tested terpenes. As far as I can tell, the “weed smells like aroma therapy oils” lie comes from Ethan Russo of GW/Jazz Pharmaceuticals, the only pharmaceutical company growing Cannabis. And what strain do they grow? Skunk #1. What metabolites do they quantify in their plants? Fatty acids, sterols, thiols,not aroma essential oil terpenes. And what does Skunk #1 smell like according to their head grower? Like dogshit, not skunk.

19 Likes

Smells like a really hot fart lmao

1 Like

I have a Roadkill Kush leftover from my last run, also did your Medding Cake; both were stellar. The Roadkill Kush smelled like a mechanic’s rag, burnt rubber, camping fuel, gasoline and sour skunk. The taste was similar but the skunk was more prominent, kind of an apple cider vinegar skunk taste, just delicious, had to keep her. Oh yeah, it was really potent and pungent.

4 Likes

Tha ks man, appteciated

My wife and I have a morkie. With hair that never stops growing.

Just before his baths if his hair is long enough his little belly hairs reek of rks lol

mm

1 Like

Wicked!

I have some rkk going for this project!

mm

2 Likes

P.s.

There is a pheno in my skunk #2 I sent to the forums in 2013 for testing - I called it heavy metal. Never smelled anything loke it before. Like walking into a machine shop at 10 a.m. after all the tools were fired up and hot.

Need to pheno hunt it.

mm

7 Likes

My skunk keeper from a 1993 seed pop

It can basically only be grown deep in the woods, the smell cannot be contained.

Breeding for skunk is the most frustrating thing i ever attempted. Mating 2 straight skunks wont give rise to more skunks, BC, line breeding, you name it, doesnt matter. ratio of rks remained the same as open pollinated batches.

27 Likes

Wow them skunk pics looks so awesome, I’m in need for skunk seeds also, guess they are hard to find, don’t know, but yum yum lol

1 Like

Coolio

Leaf structure looks very much like original skunk.

What’s nice about this rks project is I have the genetics to recreate Sam’s skunk#1 to reall see what comes of it.

In my data mining I’ve seen it as
(Afghani X colombia) x acapulco
(Afghani X acapulco) x colombia
I will also be trying (colombia X acapulco) x afghani

I’m not expecting much from the common narrative. But need to know

mm

8 Likes

Nice! Do you still have it?!

1 Like

Kinda peripheral question: seems like theres been a ton of different pot from a lot of places but especially afghanistan. on the internet it all gets noted as “afghani”. that would be like calling both trainwreck and blueberry “cali” - right?

or is having so many varieties a last 10-20 years thing in afghanistan? the afghan landrace seeds guy on youtube and instagram is always showing off a ton of very very different plants.

2 Likes

Honestly, until someone can pin point what makes skunk tick, processes, exact genes etc you can’t leave any stones unturned.

I will say this, im a seed popping maniac and pollen chucker and certainly dont discriminate in what i grow, but besides this ready made line i never encountered skunk.

9 Likes

I do.

I still have 1-2k 1993 skunk seeds and will drop them all to open pollinate however many can germinate outdoors this summer.

18 Likes

All of them?

1 Like

I’m popping lot more seeds and want to pollen chuck also lol :laughing:

1 Like