MadScientist's Giveaway

@MadScientist during the floods…

10 Likes

I know El hefe but what is ese?

1 Like

I agree, the seeds from @Muleskinner look awesome. And “ese” like essay, as in “wassup ese”.

5 Likes

That does not answer my question

1 Like

It’s a spik word for “that guy” Oye ese! It’s the latin way of writing it.

2 Likes

watch the movie “Training Day” for use of this word. great movie!

2 Likes

Ese = a male friend, a homeboy, or just some guy

3 Likes

Punto Creepy sounds so cool. I got some interesting (and conflicting) info on Punto Creepy off of the lamarihuana and some other Spanish language weed sites. Basically it is a term used in Colombia for weed grown as sinsemilia, or a term used for local Colombian strains that has been crossed with an indica strain. There is also some sensationalist journalism posted on YouTube about Punto Creepy (AKA: CRIPI, la crepa, CREPE) claiming that it is 5x more potent than typical Colombian strains (yeah, if only), and that it is as addictive as crack cocaina. They show big busts of Punto Creepy distributors (reenacted BS), and people shaking after smoking it like they are withdrawing from heroin. Anything to get you to watch a YouTube video and the local news I guess. Fake news.

I look forward to growing La Crepa though.

2 Likes

I will be mailing the envelopes tomorrow, if not Saturday! They are coming.

I included like 25 seeds of Punto Creepy and 25 Seeds of San Miguelito weed. 25 of each because of the low germination ratios, i tried with 3 seeds and only one sprouted.

1 Like

Well, I am used to growing hard to germinate landrace seeds. My only real concern growing these is the likely long flowering time of Colombian/Panamanian strains in the PNW.

1 Like

I know right, can’t do nohting about that huh!? LOL

1 Like

Spik to a Mexican is like saying nigger to a black.

I believe cholo is the word you are looking for.

4 Likes

Well, I am working on that. In the past I have forced early spring blooms by growing indoors under 24/0 MH light in the winter and then putting plants out in the sun in early April here and they bloom. They have bloomed right up to the summer solstice, when I harvest the first crop and then veg over the summer and bloom again in the late summer/early fall. So I am thinking of forcing blooms in the same way in the spring on my Colombians and Kerala ganja landraces, as well as Punto Creepy.

2 Likes

Cholo is just as bad as spic in many places I have been, except in California where I have heard it commonly used to describe a lowrider and their chola girlfriends that they ride with and hang out with on the streets. In that regard they liked being called cholos and cholas, or better, cholitas. Cholo in a lot of other places is used to degrade Latinos with mixed Indio or African blood. It is also used as an offensive term for a low class or new to the US Mexican, AKA: a wetback. Spic is pretty old school, and as I heard it was used mainly against Cubanos and Puerto Ricans back east in places like NYC. I never heard it used much in California.

But what do I know. I am just a WASP from El Norte. My mother was a HS teacher in Salinas though. I also worked as a chef in restaurants in California for many years and I lived in Sandy Eggo for a long time as well. Ay ese? Donde esta la playa? Donde esta las mujeres? Mas tequila por favor!

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHA, Sandy Eggo!

8 Likes
1 Like

My father, a native Cuban, hates that word! It was indeed a racial slur in Miami in the 60s and 70s.

1 Like

Anyway, today my kids have no school, will go later to the PO to get tracking numbers for everyone. Cheers!

3 Likes

Do they go to private or public school there? Is English the predominant language? I don’t know much about CR. @MadScientist

2 Likes