MadScientist's Shroom Magical Fantasy šŸ„

You got serious issues if you canā€™t laugh about yourself man! More power for you bro.

2 Likes

wow sounds pretty straightforwardā€¦ but how to go from the cakes to fruiting? and what kinda syringe like a 3ml or 5ml maybe 14-18 gauge needle?

2 Likes

@legalcanada any syringe will do just remember to have enough ccs of solution to do all your jarsā€¦ I use a 10ml syringe with a 20g needle and itā€™s been fine for a long timeā€¦ I change needles occasionally but you dont really need toā€¦
@MadScientist and everyone else reading
cakes to fruit
once the mycelium starts growing it will reach out and feed and grow to find compatible mycelium to create a network of nutrient harvesting fungusā€¦ or the start anywayā€¦
once the jar is completely colonized visibly (whole jar will be white all around with mycelium growthā€¦ no substrate showing) give it 3 to 5 more days to complete itā€™s hold on the middle of the cake which you canā€™t see and might not be fully colonized. this is called consolidation.

when they are ready, take the foil off turn them upside down and tap them into your hand andā€¦ WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!
what are we gonna do with them after?

well youā€™ll need a sterilite tote from somewhereā€¦ clear plastic even the lidā€¦ it needs to be big enough to hold all your cakes with a couple inches in betweenā€¦
now comes the ā€œfunā€ partā€¦ Mark one hole every two inches on ALL six sides of the tub and drill them outā€¦
or dontā€¦ but they rely on oxygen to liveā€¦ not co2ā€¦ they are fungusā€¦not plantsā€¦ the breathe in on oxygen and expel co2ā€¦
I donā€™t do all the holes thoughā€¦ I will say thatā€¦ i usually make a equalateral triangle on the long sides and an upside down smaller triangle on the sides and scatter maybe 15 holes on the top and bottomā€¦ co2 sinks and gets caught in the perliteā€¦ bottom holes are more co2 sink outsā€¦

put your perlite in the fruiting chamber til ther es 4 or 5 inches in the bottom of itā€¦ itā€™s fine if its covering holesā€¦ remember co2 sinksā€¦pour a bit of water into the perliteā€¦ usually a bottle or two of water depending on size of tub and amount of perlite and mix it around getting it hydratedā€¦ flatten the surface outā€¦

NOW
when you birth your cakes into this worldā€¦ you want to take them and fully submerge them in room temp water overnight or around 12 hoursā€¦ gives them more water contentā€¦ and you donā€™t want dry cakes in the middleā€¦when they are done soaking get a bowl and fill it with some more vermicullite and roll your cakes in it and cover the sides too and bottomā€¦ these help retain moisture and create little micro climates on the surface perfect for growingā€¦

get enough little squares of foil to sit all your cakes on and put them on itā€¦nowā€¦ youā€™ll need a spray bottle that basically mistsā€¦ like a cheap one from the store worksā€¦ you dont want to ever mist them directlyā€¦ stresses the mycelium out and bruises it and water on the surface thatā€™s pooling isnā€™t goodā€¦ you want them to glistenā€¦
then take the lid and use it like a fan and gently fan them every 8 hours or soā€¦ most even less oftenā€¦ youbarent misting them for them to drinkā€¦ the dontā€¦ youā€™re misting to cause a damp surface to evaporate itā€™s water and cause tye mycelium to think of death and saving itā€™s geneticsā€¦ evaporation is the number 1 and only pinning trigger in cubesā€¦ you are trying to create a tropical humid environment and make itā€™s water put itself in the airā€¦
12/12 light cycle but it isnā€™t neededā€¦ just helps maintain humidityā€¦ mushrooms arenā€™t phototropicā€¦ they dont need light to survive, just to know what way to grow.

8 Likes

Where did you hear this interspecies hybrid claim? Penis envy is just a cube too as far as I am aware. Cubes can vary in potency and growth characteristics, just like strains (which of course is all geneticsā€¦?). Their are less active chemicals in Psilocybe species (that are known) than Cannabis but these can vary between levels of psilocybin psilocin baeocystin norbaeocystin; they definitely vary among species and probably within species as well. Maybe there are different effects like some people claim. I am not enough of a mushroom head with access to enough data about the mushrooms for which I have had access to judge based on my own bioassays. :mushroom:

1 Like

Set and Setting. A certain state of mind and a proper environment are definitely essential.

I had some acid a while back that was great for me. Any time I took it I had wonderful, beneficial experience. An acquaintance (who took way to much, rumored between 5 and 20 hits) killed them selves on it. Not to be a downer. It was fucking great acid and helped me at some important times in my life. But if used improperly or by people with unstable mental states it can be very dangerous.

2 Likes

very true. thatā€™s why I said ā€œsupposed hybrid strainā€ā€¦ Iā€™m not claiming it itā€¦ what will say is the time to grow them vs regular cubes is alot longer, they are never hollow and instead of losing 90% of weight in the drying process lose more like 60% and dear Jesus the potentcyā€¦

keep in mind Iā€™ve already tried to say that ā€œstrainsā€ within species are not strainsā€¦ just varietyā€¦ where weed can be tweaked to smells mush cannotā€¦ there is no crosses between strains, there is no " Iā€™ll mix these two different ā€˜strainsā€™ of mycelium together and make a super potent and large bodies fruit that grows to be an eighth dry per mushroom."

its not a difficult concept Alanisā€¦ it canā€™t be doneā€¦ Iā€™m not calling you out man, youā€™re goodā€¦ there is just alot of misinfo out thereā€¦ like you need cow shit to grow mush of any kind or you canā€™t just ā€œplantā€ them outside and they growā€¦ or that online grow box kits are where its atā€¦

on the plus side @MadScientist

10 Likes

You are truly knowledgeable in this matter man.

I am getting the ingredients and then I will read everything. If I do it the other way around I will go crazy around the house waiting and wanting to, but not able. LoL.

5 Likes

well you have the starter manual lol
just gotta get the rest haha es lo que es

2 Likes

I would die of anxiety not having the things necessary and getting excited about doing it u know.

2 Likes

The shrooms will be out in less than a month here. I can get wild spore prints if anyone wants them.

9 Likes

i would love some dark wild prints if you can find someā€¦

gives me a good clean up project for a couple months

4 Likes

I want prints @Viva_Mexico! Pretty please.

2 Likes

For sure amigo!! There are two types, the rockets, which are smaller grey ( grow in my backyard) and p.cubensa Mexicana. The majority of the Mexican strains have names that represents the area of origin. We have had unexpected rains and I know there has to be some now, but my friend who is going to take me said 1more month.

I have taken spore prints before for indentifcation purposes, never for mailing. Some tips would be helpful.

5 Likes

Me neither but here;s a video from youtubeā€¦ LOL

1 Like

Be on the look out for prints. :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, you got that right! HAHAHAA!

1 Like

Man I have been considering trying my hand at growing mushies,the way you broke that down, @toastyjakes, I think I have a bit more confidence about trying it now.

5 Likes

Good thread. Thank you for the info bro.

2 Likes

@MadScientist tomorrow this goes in the fruiting chamber

then the fun happensā€¦

11 Likes

Iā€™ll see you there in a short while. LoL

@toastyjakes

3 Likes