MadScientist's Shroom Magical Fantasy šŸ„

Tomorrowā€¦ this time I swear lol

9 Likes

Beautiful mycelium production. Looks clean, too. I see no infiltration.

2 Likes

Would you guys use vented petri dishes or not?

1 Like

youā€™re thinking to far into this lol

you donā€™t wanna do agar work yet lol

thatā€™s like never touching a drop of alcohol ever and then beerbonging a 5th of tequila butā€¦ noā€¦ if you have to buy them nowā€¦ no ventsā€¦ and glass because they ll be pressure cookedā€¦ then you need a still air or glove box to even use them without contaming the agar or dextrose or whatever youā€™re using lolā€¦
this is why I gave you the beginners guideā€¦ expert mode has to be stupid sterile and almost impossible without a whole room devoted to the hepafilters and laminar flowhoodā€¦ and ugh lol

7 Likes

No i donā€™t. I was thinking to use some balance i got from an amazon gift card, but not yet, just looking at stuff.

I am getting the vermiculite and the brown rice fluor, i got the mason jars 32oz and the sporesā€¦ HAHAHA!

Would it be safe to use the same room as my grow room for weed?

1 Like

yea thats fineā€¦ ive been thinking of shooting some spore into the living soil and let it make a small network that can come together and make shrooms without me doing much lol

3 Likes

and Iā€™m just messing with you about all thatā€¦ in the end you can do what you wantā€¦ the knowledge is vast and its out there and waiting to be utilized lol

1 Like

Gonna make a glove box and all. Something similar to this. I got my first DIY shroomy project!

And i will, but not without the help of people like you bro.

I am only interested in learning and see what i decide to do. BTW, thanks for posting here bro. I appreciate it.

I have to dig in deeper in the threads of @toastyjakes, @BadVoodoo and @Kraven. You guys are great at this.

HppHrvst :robot:

9 Likes

I prefer to use spore syringes, rye berries for a Spawn Sub, and mushroom compost made of horse shit, elephant shit, coconut coir, vermiculite, and gypsum for Bulk Sub.

3 Likes

Do it right in tin foil ! Wrap it up and tape the edges then you should be good to go!

1 Like

Never heard of vented I use standard plates then wrap the entire edge in parafilm .

@MadScientist Season 3 is getting a little slow. . .did you make your glove box?

3 Likes

Itā€™s not all that hard, especially with the brf tek! Good luck man mush love!

2 Likes

15 Likes

Awesome man! I am trying to put some things together in order to get started, but soon bro. Real soon!

Shrooms and herb were meant to be grown togetherā€¦ :smiley:

2 Likes

I just love how fast mycelium can race through a jar of media! I need to get back into growing my gourmet oysters again! I have so damm many wood chips in back yard if I could get them growing I could make some serious dough! $5-7/lb Iā€™d quit my full time job! LOL

2 Likes

@MadScientist did you ever do your set up I just ordered b pluses and golden teachers and was wondering

2 Likes

B+ is an amazing variety to work with, the spores are super resilient and just love to fruitā€¦ Iā€™ve been using the same B+ spore line for 10 yearsā€¦ I love them .

GT have a more ryzomorphic growth(quick and veiny in look rather than puffy and slow growing[keep in mind that doesnā€™t mean itā€™ll be ready any faster]) and they usually produce shorter fruits that tend to cluster

Both great varieties but as all mushrooms, itā€™s environment and genetics on those monster fruits

5 Likes

I wanna grow shrooms. Canā€™t even get spores in the UK readily anymore. Iā€™ve only sampled mexicanas before. Never had a liberty cap even though they grow local. Send me spores please toast :grin::sunglasses:

3 Likes