Magic mushroom hunting season is officially open

Sorry to hear that, I hope you and your house stay safe from damage, is that from the hurricane coming up the eastern seaboard :thinking:

Out walking the dog this morning, found this in the area where I see a lot of fungi growing on the edge of my neighbors property.

I spotted it as it has a lot of blue bruises on it, from the 3 slugs that were attacking it, so I will not be trying to eat it :nauseated_face: but I have maked the area to check on a regular basis. All the gills had been eaten so not sure if any spores survived to reproduce it. I live in hope :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit. The photos would help I guess lol.

2 Likes

cool mushroom, I have no idea what it is. Storm isn’t that bad, people get overly excited around here about tropical storms, winds 20-30 mph, no big deal. We could have easily done the shroom walk. Rhode Island will get the 60 mph winds

3 Likes

Glad to hear it, we were told if it didn’t hit land we would get some heavy rain and wind.

Its hard to identify being all chewed up. When I get on the pc I will have a look at what shrooms in our area are growing and see if I can find a match.

I am wondering if its possible to dig one up in soil and move it, so its safe from slugs, squirrels and other things that eat them. Put it in a shroom shotgun chamber and allowing them to grow bigger and possibly re populate.

3 Likes

Wasup @FattyRoots
Wasup ogs.
This year in reveillon i drop 3 pils , have 1.5 grams of dry mushroom in this capsules.
Thats a wornderful dose , micro dose , good ideas, bye depression.
I need more.

4 Likes

Looks like its either Gymnopilus viridans.

Or Gymnopilus junonius. Which was growing near buy and was all slimy and rotting. I think its more like the top one.

8 Likes

Just finding this thread thanks @FattyRoots. Found these beauties on my farm today while laying pipe to my reefer here in Central Florida. With the help of OG readers I was able to identify them and then pick as many as possible :slight_smile:

Follow my thread we’re building our own grow on our ranch from ground up! Up and coming Florida Grow Op!

13 Likes

Killer Cubes @VenusFL

Definitely check the ID(spore print) on those bigger ones mate

6 Likes

It’s been a couple seasons out of the paddock since we moved north away from my old faithful patches but seeing as it’s similar climate with plenty of cows around I figured it’s worth a look… about one day too late but it looked like a healthy fruiting patty of Pan Cyan, I picked what wasn’t dead and ate one… a pretty fun little afternoon followed!

:alien:

A few other uneditable varieties around

Central America and South Australian fungal syncrasy

My friends plentiful gold top harvest in SA last week

I looked over the area and saw a lot of potential for future harvests :raised_hands:t4:

Good to back

Bless, Fatty

17 Likes

Marked out a few spots this week which looked promising and found life today :alien:

Some pins to check back on tomorrow

Meanwhile is South Australia…

I just ate a freshy about to take the twin fin out for a surf yeew

15 Likes

Couple freshies

6 Likes

4 Likes

I love walking the dogs this time of year, ate 2 today :alien:

12 Likes

Few Tassie gold tops, love it :raised_hands:t4:

3 Likes

Gorgeous! And is that the ocean or a lake?

1 Like

I’m in Austin and I’ve always wanted to go for a hunt. Anyone in Texas with a spot to recommend or want to let me tag along?

We can eat some indoor mushrooms and see if that helps attract them to us in some way… Like Aquaman for fungus

3 Likes

Pacific Ocean my friend, just checking the surf. Micro dosing seems to go pretty good with surfing

6 Likes

Holy crap I can imagine. I’m from Colorado and grew up snowboarding. I remember munching a few caps and feeling like I could do anything. Every internal barrier placed there by small traumas (crashing on the mountain) throughout life were gone completely and I was living entirely in the moment.

Good luck on the hunt!

4 Likes

I found these before I mowed the lawn. :tractor:

I forget what these are, but I know they are mild magic ones.

6 Likes

Liberty caps? Think that might be what you’re talkin about.

2 Likes

Its Panaeolus cinctulus

5 Likes