Magic mushroom hunting season is officially open

Just finding this thread thanks @FattyRoots. Found these beauties on my farm today while laying pipe to my reefer here in Central Florida. With the help of OG readers I was able to identify them and then pick as many as possible :slight_smile:

Follow my thread we’re building our own grow on our ranch from ground up! Up and coming Florida Grow Op!

13 Likes

Killer Cubes @VenusFL

Definitely check the ID(spore print) on those bigger ones mate

6 Likes

It’s been a couple seasons out of the paddock since we moved north away from my old faithful patches but seeing as it’s similar climate with plenty of cows around I figured it’s worth a look… about one day too late but it looked like a healthy fruiting patty of Pan Cyan, I picked what wasn’t dead and ate one… a pretty fun little afternoon followed!

:alien:

A few other uneditable varieties around

Central America and South Australian fungal syncrasy

My friends plentiful gold top harvest in SA last week

I looked over the area and saw a lot of potential for future harvests :raised_hands:t4:

Good to back

Bless, Fatty

17 Likes

Marked out a few spots this week which looked promising and found life today :alien:

Some pins to check back on tomorrow

Meanwhile is South Australia…

I just ate a freshy about to take the twin fin out for a surf yeew

15 Likes

Couple freshies

6 Likes

4 Likes

I love walking the dogs this time of year, ate 2 today :alien:

12 Likes

Few Tassie gold tops, love it :raised_hands:t4:

3 Likes

Gorgeous! And is that the ocean or a lake?

1 Like

I’m in Austin and I’ve always wanted to go for a hunt. Anyone in Texas with a spot to recommend or want to let me tag along?

We can eat some indoor mushrooms and see if that helps attract them to us in some way… Like Aquaman for fungus

3 Likes

Pacific Ocean my friend, just checking the surf. Micro dosing seems to go pretty good with surfing

6 Likes

Holy crap I can imagine. I’m from Colorado and grew up snowboarding. I remember munching a few caps and feeling like I could do anything. Every internal barrier placed there by small traumas (crashing on the mountain) throughout life were gone completely and I was living entirely in the moment.

Good luck on the hunt!

4 Likes

I found these before I mowed the lawn. :tractor:

I forget what these are, but I know they are mild magic ones.

6 Likes

Liberty caps? Think that might be what you’re talkin about.

2 Likes

Its Panaeolus cinctulus

5 Likes

Or possibly Panaeolus foenisecii
They both can look very similar
Check by printing a cap on a piece of white paper overnight

P.cinctulus will leave a jet black spore print
P.foenisecii will be brown/black

6 Likes

I have did one a couple years ago for a friend who became a mycologist. I sent him the photo and he confirmed it from the small spore print. I remember it was Jet black. Mushrooms are cool. Been years since I ate some magic ones. Happy hunting everyone!

4 Likes

Out front of my daughters school, kind of hard to pick during school drop off and pick up

Higher learning :joy:

Couple little guys from today

Still waiting for the cubensis to show up :male_detective:‍♂

Never know what you’ll find, kind of disturbing

11 Likes

Good little forage today, unfortunately a day late with a lot of the spores already being dropped so kind of beaten up but these are some of the biggest Pan Cyan if ever seen. It should be a good week ahead :raised_hands:t4:

Dinner is served

17 Likes

Normally my finds are in the psychedelic category but yesterday I got back to my hunting and gathering ancestral roots :joy: and found a feed for the family with a fruiting tree of wild oyster mushrooms. Also found some beautiful Reishi to make a tincture, super medicine.

As always I found a few bluey’s, so managed to find fungi to benefit the mind, stomach and body. I got another harvest off the “oyster tree” today, pretty farken cool

Reishi

Meanwhile in South Australia…

18 Likes