Magic mushroom hunting season is officially open

Amazing :clap: :partying_face:

1 Like

Is that a baboon in the tree?

1 Like

@blowdout2269 that’s a howler monkey mate, or as the locals call them Congos. They let out a solid howl that’s pretty intimidating especially if you don’t know who’s/what’s making that sound. I had the Ausy team in the back of the truck during the ISA surfing world cup in 2015 going for a surf at 5:30am and a bunch of howlers started up and they shat themselves haha

2 Likes

That was my next guess. So cool.
Funny story too. :wink:

1 Like

Just tell one of the bussers to get out there and pick them for you. “You want a job here?!? Go pick me some shrooms!” haha.

I would, too. Every time you post pics of these wild animals, I’m like,”Holy fuck!” I can’t even deal with squirrels haha…

2 Likes

The first time I was in CR and we hear howlers, I was like “When the Europeans came over and heard that, why in the fuck would they land?”

Wheres your restaurant…and very cool @FattyRoots !

1 Like

Haha faark I’m gonna have to change the job description on their contracts.

@CanuckistanPete intimidating fuckers but luckily mellow. The white face cappuccino monkeys are half the size but a lot more aggressive. I had 6 of them try and circle me on the ground one time while my dogs went ballistic, the alpha just stood banging a log on a tree staring me out haha.

1 Like

We were in Cahuita and I set my pack down to go for a swim…I take a few steps away and realize I have my sunglasses on, so I turn to put them in my pack and a White Face Capuchin is undoing the zipper on it.

3 Likes

I would love to munch on some of those. :yum:

1 Like

@Floyd tucked in to a couple of cubes yesterday, the sunset was a treat:)

12 Likes

I bet it was. Lol

2 Likes

Always fun when it’s day time and you can keep the sunglasses on, mother in law is staying but neither her my wife or daughter were none the wiser. Full incognito secret dose haha

10 Likes

Hey anyone are any of these looking good.?

Looking at the yellow one that looks like a edible one. And then maybe some psilocybe types. Maybe some libs been a long time…

:yum: also have a fairy circle in my yard. Rather neat.

2 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

starting these this weekend

2 Likes

I think you wanna post over here. :wink::+1:

1 Like

Amanita Muscaria in Downeast Maine

8 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes